Main Menu

Frantic Ravenous Beast in Maiden's

Started by Deiadrox, September 22, 2004, 12:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahes

Haven't heard of any changes, but back when it was first being done, I remember at least two BSTs in serverwide chat that had spent 12+ hours straight camping it.  Just a very random spawn.

Good luck.

Brem

I finally got about 2 hours after i posted. So had 11+ hours invested for one spawn. So happy thats over.

Fairey

lol wait till you get to run into the DDA =) and hopefully you got a big enough raid force

TubashMT

Got him today. Took my brother's druid there to check if he was up. He was, so I logged druid out and beast in.  I pet pulled him solo to the UP zoneline. Luckily there were no see inv guys at entrance today. The first try it took four slows to get him slowed. So I ran out of mana trying with the exta heals to keep my pet up. I got him to 9 percent before I had to zone. The second try my slow landed on the first cast.  Still used all my mana plus paragon but I managed to get him deaded.  :-D And he had the drop on him. 

So check the UP zone and kill the see inv mobs if they are up. Then pet pull him there while invised. No adds and no heals from the Hooded guys. Good luck.

Oh, I'm mostly Elemental geared 70 Beastlord with 130 AAs.

Jzath

Took about 2 hours camping him.  Thank you everyone for your helpful posts!!
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

Dragronius1

Got it today on Prexus server....Actually got 2 of them.  Had 2 pops in about an hour and a half.  First time was just me(69) and a shammy (68).  was a bit of a problem due to both of us were at about 50%mana.  Second drop was easier (had another beast(68) w/ us.

Thorgrym

Got this guy on my first try. Killed the PH, sat at UP zone line and then went back and it was up and waiting.

Im sorry to hear so many opthers had bad timing on this.

Elyias
70 sexbeast on Drinal

noslen

Camped for a couple hours last night and nothing.. This is going to suck...
70 Beastlord
Lord Noslen

Bristlebane Server

mogtoth1

Got him solo on first attempt last night. hardest thing was figuring out how to get frantic wihtout the other beasts joining in. Found out that frantic wont help others if you just send warder in alone. Easy kill after that.
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Helspawn

I must have been lucky.  Logged on just after patch and he was up.  Dropped off first kill.

Kitathia

Woo hoo! Camped the firefpit roughly 1 1/2 hour  this morning and he popped - died and dropped essense! ( Boxed a 68 cleric and had a 64 shaman come play too).

Tried to get it yesterday but another beastlady beat me too it.

Seems like the droprate/spawn has been fixed :)

Now I just need to find me a good necro to help with the CT part... I keep getting closer with sneak/invis - but not close enough.. Blasted CT!

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Goom

hey all,

i sat at the fire pot - only 1/4 of the thing has wolves ... robes occupy the rest ... i cleared spawn and killed any wolf (spectral wolves and ravenous beasts) ... after 4 clearings of spawn, right after my druid buddy LD'd and zerk friend quit on me, the ravenous popped. ... i was able to kill it and the 1 LB and 1 DB wolves that popped shortly thereafter .... ALONE .... but i barely scraped by, used a potion, and had just come from a raid (though most buffs had worn off) ...

i am 8200 hp unbuffed with 55 avoidance, CA2, and luckily i had paragon too .... he doesn't summon, so as long as you have sow, you *CAN* solo this ... think about it, keep your spells ready, and try to keep mr. scaleybutt alive

best of luck, ya'll!

firona.goom
The above post may contain opinion mixed with fact. You're human too.

Fuzkitty

Well, I have to say, that the info on this forum is exactly what we need.  I just got my Disturbed Beast Essence after camping the spawn for 6 hours today, with no nameds.  When he did spawn he ate my warder for a snack.   I kind of expected that since I am only 63.  On the advice of the forums, I scooted down to the safe valley and started kiting and dotting him.  Worked beautifully even though I had no mana regen buffs and oom.  I was med kiting just fine when he warped and killed me.  On the way back  I stopped in the GL for my body, just grabbing the essentials (get a rez after kill).  I got a couple buffs in the GL I never saw before, Tenacity, Dire Focusing, and Seer's Intuition.  Upgrades with TSS apparently.  Anyway, got there and invis drops at the wrong time of course.  So I have Frantic, 4 wolves, and a Xi being kited in the valley.  Got Frantic to 24% and all the others start wandering back to spawn points!  Weird!!  Anyway, I had to med kite just a little bit (4910mana pool), and he started running at 19%.  I hit bestial fury disc burned him to 9% and by then had enough mana to cast fluffy again so did that and we finished his yellow butt off!  Great walkthroughs on the site, and I love the camaraderie of the entire bst community!  Thanks again for all the info so many have put together!

Fuzkitty 63 bst
Stromm