Main Menu

Next Step - Part 4 of EPIC 1.5 *UPDATED*

Started by Man0warr, September 22, 2004, 02:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man0warr

Turned in Darkened Spirit Essence from Frantic Ravenous Beast and Disturbed Beast Essence from nightstalker in PoN.

[Wed Sep 22 09:15:25 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'Ah, that troubled wolf harbored a strange mix of spirits that were too volatile to control. I think we are beginning to understand the problem more. The energy from the Realm of Discord is tainting some wild creatures. From what we've learned, creatures with some age and wisdom behind them are most susceptible. It seems we cannot save them all, but we must release their spirits into the ethereal wilds of Norrath so they can be free and no longer [tortured and ruined.] '

[Wed Sep 22 09:15:28 2004] You say, 'tortured and ruined'
[Wed Sep 22 09:15:28 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'We are hearing of more of our respected spirits that are becoming prey to the chaotic magic from Discord.  Should you continue, it will be a step on a path to a [greater calling] -- to walk with the elders in the name of beasts of every ilk, to rescue their wild spirits from eternal pain and corruption.'
[Wed Sep 22 09:15:36 2004] You say, 'greater calling'
[Wed Sep 22 09:15:36 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'Irionu Bastun has discovered another spirit that suffers.  I understand she has already told you about the ways of the rhinoceros.  There is yet another dangerous creature that once was easily tamed that is endangering the lives of many.  More importantly, its spirit has become plagued by the chaotic magic of Discord.  Irionu believes that its spirit may have been traded or confused with one from that dark realm.  I need you to learn more and then tell me what you know.  Go find Irionu as soon as you are able and give her this letter.'
[Wed Sep 22 09:15:42 2004] You tell serverwide.beastlords:1, 'Note to Irionu'

[Wed Sep 22 09:21:08 2004] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Wed Sep 22 09:21:20 2004] You have entered The Overthere.

Hand in "Note to Irionu"

[Wed Sep 22 09:23:29 2004] Irionu Bastun says 'Greetingsss and welcome back, beastlord.  I have sensed an unwieldy presence among the feral spiritsss and it threatensss to consume all in itsss path, flesh and ethereal essence both.  We can't afford to lose more spiritsss to the darknesss of Discord and this beast threatensss that very thing.  I'm afraid the eldersss forbid me to go asss if I am lost we lose another with a strong connection to the wild spiritsss.  So, I must ask you to [track down] thisss creature in my stead.'

[Wed Sep 22 09:25:12 2004] You say, 'track down'

[Wed Sep 22 09:25:12 2004] Irionu Bastun says 'I'm afraid that all I can tell you isss that it isss most thought of as an easily tamed creature, but now it hasss been twisted and frayed into a strange and terrible beast.  Though it isss a common beast, trace it to its originsss -- where it wasss born.  This one hasss been untouched by any who would tame it.  It wasss once prized -- I can sense that.  Extraordinary creature.  Should you discover the beast, you may need to end itsss mortal existence.  Return to me with what you learn.  Be quick.'

This has to be the Delirious Drogmor, unfortunately I don't have the Swirling Feral Essence so i'm off to Gunthak...

edit: More logs after handing in the Swirling Feral Essence to Irionu - she gives you a note for Muada

[Wed Sep 22 11:33:17 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'I understand you had to end the life of that poor old drogmor.  He was prized stock, you know.  He was one of the oldest and most revered by those who raised the mounts.  Where there was trouble with the wilds, there is now some peace.  Someday you will learn to feel it too.  Let me read this [letter].'

[Wed Sep 22 11:33:52 2004] You say, 'letter'

[Wed Sep 22 11:33:52 2004] Elder Animist Muada reads the note and his whiskers twitch, his often bright eyes become dull. 'Oh, no. What a terrible turn.  How can this be?  Two of our most [majestic and unique creatures] -- with such wisdom and magic.  Of all, I thought these would not be touched or affected.'

[Wed Sep 22 11:34:00 2004] You say, 'majestic and unique creatures'

[Wed Sep 22 11:34:01 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'You would know them as two halves of a whole, I suppose.  I cannot speak their names for fear.  There is so much we don't know and so many suspicions.  The corruption of our precious beasts feels more than coincidence now.  These creatures that stand so proud and regal know what is happening to them and we need to help them, but that path is a difficult one.  I cannot tell you more as we can trust very few and there are prying eyes and ears.  Go to Marrey McGrannel and ask her about the danger to our majestic creatures.'

[Wed Sep 22 11:45:40 2004] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Wed Sep 22 11:45:48 2004] You have entered The Ocean of Tears.

[Wed Sep 22 11:51:03 2004] You say, 'Hail, Marrey McGrannel'
[Wed Sep 22 11:51:03 2004] Marrey McGrannel says 'Aye, ye have returned to help with this great and difficult problem.  'Tis is so complicated, I hardly know where to [begin].'
[Wed Sep 22 11:51:08 2004] You say, 'begin'
[Wed Sep 22 11:51:08 2004] Marrey McGrannel says 'Not without an ale.  Would ye have one handy?  If not, would ye be so kind as to get one? Actually, make it three.  Sorry for the trouble, but I've been out here so long, I've near forgotten the finer things in life!'

Give her 3 "Ale" unstacked

[Wed Sep 22 11:51:22 2004] Marrey McGrannel says 'Thanks to ye. Ah!  Now, let's get on with it.  'Tis a long story, so how about we have a wee chat.  Take a seat if ye like, hm? Are ye [ready] to listen?  Ye are going to need to pay attention -- even as I ramble on a bit.'

[Wed Sep 22 11:51:32 2004] You say, 'ready'

[Wed Sep 22 11:51:32 2004] Marrey McGrannel says 'Aye, so, this takes us back many, many years ago, so it's hard to tell truth from legend, but I'll share it all with ye.  I'm sure at some point in yer life, ye've either seen or heard of them sphinxes in the Rathe Mountains?  And, I bet ye have [no idea] where they came from.'

[Wed Sep 22 11:51:34 2004] You say, 'no idea'

[Wed Sep 22 11:51:35 2004] Marrey McGrannel says 'Indeed.  Well, here is what I can tell ye and ye can decide if it's true or tale.  Only the sphinxes themselves know where they came from.  No one else does at all.  Two of the few remaining sphinxes, named Zazamoukh and Ankhefenmut, have [been on Norrath] longer than you or I and, maybe, before Veeshan laid her mighty claws across the ice of Velious.'

[Wed Sep 22 11:51:39 2004] You say, 'been on norrath'

[Wed Sep 22 11:51:39 2004] Marrey McGrannel says 'Aye, I'm glad ye asked.  So, the story goes that during the Age of Blood, there were great ogre magi of the Rallosian Empire who convinced the sphinxes to ally with their legions, but it was no easy task.  That ogre magi had their [work] cut out for him to get that alliance to come about.'
[Wed Sep 22 11:51:40 2004] You say, 'work'
[Wed Sep 22 11:51:41 2004] Marrey McGrannel says 'Them ogres really had to wrap their minds about riddles that the [sphinxes] created and after many attempts, they finally won their allegiance and some of the secrets the ancient creatures guarded. Some say that those secrets were the reason the gods destroyed the ogre magi instead of cursing them as they did the other ogres.'

[Wed Sep 22 11:51:46 2004] You say, 'sphinxes'
[Wed Sep 22 11:51:46 2004] Marrey McGrannel says 'At one time, there were many of those creatures, but a lot of sphinxes were slain during the great wars of the Age of Blood and in the aftermath of the fall of the Rallosian Empire.  Two of the few remaining sphinxes flew with haste to hidden valleys in the Rathe Mountains, away from the meddlesome races.  Their secrets were once again protected and freed from the alliance with the ogre magi.  But now they are [threatened].'

[Wed Sep 22 11:51:58 2004] You say, 'threatened'
[Wed Sep 22 11:51:59 2004] Marrey McGrannel says 'It is a very rare occasion when those sphinxes attempt to contact any Norrathian, but they have.  Their minds have been invaded and they feel a dark presence trying to overcome them.  They believe it to be a dark influence in Discord.  While they want our help, we cannot just go [speak] to them.'
[Wed Sep 22 11:52:01 2004] You say, 'speak'
[Wed Sep 22 11:52:01 2004] Marrey McGrannel says 'We must accommodate their requests to build trust.  This means we must weave through their riddles.  Once we do, we will be able to talk to them and help them.  We've decided that ye be the beastlord who will take on this task.  Go tell them you are willing to help them and see what you learn.'

[Wed Sep 22 11:52:21 2004] You say, 'received Feral Lord's Brooch'
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Cetathia

Ok for the ME drop. I cleared 5 rounds of 3 wolves (10 min spawn) and saw 3 nameds before it dropped. 3rd named i soloed with only cleric healing me, and pet off at 5% and then it dropped.
Cetathia, Lady in leather!

Deiadrox

To be honest a couple guildies heard I spawned itand wanted to help.  The druid got the kill shot so I'm pretty sure its just a random drop of the name.

Man0warr

Swirling Feral Essence is CONFIRMED as the next step. By someone in bst chat. She sends you back to Muada with a note.
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

whabs

No I doubt its a random drop off the wolf. In Ikky 3 raids for example there are several mobs that require a certin class get the kill. For example the mob wil give you a clue, and based on that clue you know he needs to be killed by a priest, and a ranger gets the kill shot. If that happens the mob insta respawns and gives you a clue of what class needs to get the kill and this time its a pure melee class and a warrior gets the kill shot then the mob dies and you continue on because the right class got the kill shot.

Since he says the essence MUST be released by a bst he is basicly giving you a clue or hint that you have to get the kill shot on the mob. I would be willing to bet the essence wil drop every time if a bst gets the kill.

Dumpty

QuoteSince he says the essence MUST be released by a bst he is basicly giving you a clue or hint that you have to get the kill shot on the mob.
Rumor, and proven wrong its just an uncommon drop.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Deiadrox

well beleive what you will.. the druid got the kill shot lol.

whabs

Np was just throwing out a possiblity since I did not see it posted anywhere else.

a_moss_snake_001

Bah, i was right then with the swirling feral essence and the OT elder. Just at the wrong phase of the quest for her to talk to me.

Oh well, great work guys, time to grab both this wolf and a new swirling essence.

Dreambringer

Just FYI, on the Drogmar... my pet got kill shot... and I got Swirling essence. I think this thing about you getting the ks is just wrong info, possible drops are a little bugged on other servers /shrug. Just thought i'd throw that out there... btw, great job on the ME drop I knew we was missing something.

Gromk

Been killing PHs for 4 hours, got my first named and no drop.... Gets horrible memories of ME farming for VT key, hepl!

Edit: this thing is kinda tough, but I am soloing it withuot much difficulty.

whabs

YEAH I was hoping SOE wasnt going to make part of the epic a uncommon drop from a rare spawn but since the bst getting kill shot theory doesnt work I guess we could be in for a long camp unless lucky.

and yes great work on figuring all this out

Henathu

It took me 3 hours of clearing PHs. There are 5 spawn points around the pit. 2 on the NE which can be robes or wolves. 3 on the SE which are always wolves. Just keep them clear. He spawned on the NE side, so I think any of those 5 places can hold a named. You can avoid outside aggro by staying close in to the pit. He caught me by surprise a bit and had to kite him when he got me down to 18%. I just straight up tanked most of it out of excitement for the spawn. He mit me for 609 max with most being in the mid 200s. I had lost Virtue, so I was only around 7k when I did this. Oh, it wasn't soloed. I duoed with another beast but after doing it, straight up tanking and stepping out for pet heal would have worked just fine. He slowed immediately and only resisted my poison dots.
Wildblood
Henathu Stormwatcher 70th Beastlord of Luclin Server and Proud Member of <Sheep>

Kaynin

I'm in hour #5 atm, 30 someodd pops and no luck.  Starting to think that Torv is bugged, friend of mine camped same spot for 5 hours without luck as well.

Aeshmal

Fennin also appears to be bugged. Only tw of the three static wolf spawns on the southeast side are popping; the third is the only one where people seem to have spawned the Frantic Ravenous Beast.

Meh...spent five hours there for nothing.