Main Menu

People moving in...

Started by Whiptail_Warclaw, September 23, 2004, 09:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiptail_Warclaw

So I'm in Velks last night, soloing at the enterance. There's just me and a 58 monk. I throw a few buffs and regen on the Monk and he goes off to his corner and is soloing as well. We are both happy, staying out of each others road and all is well.
I'm happy, doing the two statues and 4-5 spiders and keeping them cleared. A 58 BST shows up, says nothing, doesn't do a camp check, then leaves the zone.
I think nothing more of it. I've gone to Velk's and quietly left, because someone was already there... no biggy.

About 15 minutes later Mister 58 BST is back, comes down to the enterance, parks his Warder a few feet away and starts pulling. Two other players show up, a Druid and I think a Ranger. One is 65, the other is 61. The three proceed to start pulling everything that spawns in the enterance area and ramps. If it's got 8 legs they were pulling it. All from the same guild, funnily enough.

I voiced my displeausre in /ooc, but of cause they didn't reply. Not like they couldn't have gone a bit further in and left myself and the Monk alone to our soloing.

So I left... i couldn't out do them, they didn't try to KS a mob I had engaged, but they made it hard to get a mob in the first place.

Pisses me off to no end when people just move in on a spot your already fighting in and keeping cleared.

What annoyed me most was it was another Beastlord. Well I won't forget his name, he'll keep...
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Eatbugs

Yeah, it's annoying.  Unfortunately, unless you're willing to wait two hours for a guide to show up and endure a long, silly argument, there's not much to be done except move on.  Try the Safe Hall camp upstairs, it should be doable at 56.  Or pull from up the ramps a bit to entrance.

The only consolation is that people who do that sort of thing spend a lot of time at later levels wondering why they can't find groups.  :P
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Grbage

I really dislike people like that, their usual response is"SOE doesnt recognize camps".

Last time this happened I go the last laugh though. Guildy asked me if I would help them at souls camp in Natimbi, they were trying to get some hp augs. We had cleared the camp 3-4 times when a named spawned. Soon as it spawned a bard from our servers top guild came zooming in and grabbed it. My guildy started berating him in /ooc about camp jumping and he tossed out the ol defense of all camp jumpers. So I sent him a /tell saying SOE may not recognize camps but his actions reflects badly on himself and his guild. Just after that the named killed him  :P  and he replied to me "are you happy now?".  :twisted:
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Shrouded

Quote from: GrbageI really dislike people like that, their usual response is"SOE doesnt recognize camps".

Last time this happened I go the last laugh though. Guildy asked me if I would help them at souls camp in Natimbi, they were trying to get some hp augs. We had cleared the camp 3-4 times when a named spawned. Soon as it spawned a bard from our servers top guild came zooming in and grabbed it. My guildy started berating him in /ooc about camp jumping and he tossed out the ol defense of all camp jumpers. So I sent him a /tell saying SOE may not recognize camps but his actions reflects badly on himself and his guild. Just after that the named killed him :P  and he replied to me "are you happy now?".  :twisted:

I call bs.  If you want to put in your 2 cents, tell the truth or dont talk.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

TheOriginalGronker

Yup you'll find no end to inconsiderate people in EQ.  Can't think of a sessiont that went by with no sign of them .. but thats usually because I start my session in PoK with /ooc on ... thats another story I guess.

However, its impossible for them to keep all of the spiders down .. just work on moving up (shouldn't be too much of a problem considering how much that other group will clear for you) and you'll have plenty of spawns to deal with.

Grbage

BS? Care to explain why?

First off, he was tagged with our top guild but I have no clue what his gear actually is. He could be a new recruit running around in bazaar gear for all I know.

Second, yes he's a bard but that mob summoned me so I'm assuming he couldnt kite it.

Third, the idiot may have been spending to much attention on defending his actions in /ooc instead of paying attention to his health.

Now do you care to keep calling me a liar? I don't appreciate that kind of attitude at all.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

TheOriginalGronker

Wow why bother calling him a liar anyways?

Same thing happened to me .. fought my way through the Deep one afternoon to the shrink item named (who was up) and had 2 mobs between us and him ... guy from now-disbanded-uberest-guild on my server invisd past me and just attacked him .. linked the item and ported out.

Oneiromancer

Aw, come on, Gronker, spill who it was?  Is this from when In Virtue was the "uberest" guild on KB, or are you talking more recently, with TCR?  Someone well-known or a random grunt?  It's the Rants forum, it's okay to drop names! :D

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Kohai Killdozer

Quote from: ShroudedI call bs.  If you want to put in your 2 cents, tell the truth or dont talk.

Ever think it could have been one of their twinks?

Guess not.

mshake

I had a similar experience in Riwwi.  I had cleared all the mobs from the Qinimi zone line to where it opens up into the courtyard.  A small guild started filing into the zone and set up middle of everything.  Since they were killing my repops, my mob count went from somewhere around 10 to 1.  No one else was in the zone.  

I was fairly polite when I asked in OOC why they had to set up there knowing that I had been killing the mobs.  I even asked where they intended to go thinking I would move to the arena or one of the other "safe" pull spots.  In short, the reply I got was nothing more than ridicule from a number of their members in OOC.  

Being a respectable beastlord / druid, I decided to log my 2 guys.  They were still giving me hell and I figured it wasn't worth it.  However, my bard, who was parked at the Barindi zone line, felt differently.  I can't say I justify his actions, but after he made the run from from Barindi to Qinimi, I logged a happy man.

Dorrogtr T`A

You should've trained them and blacklisted them.  :)

Whiptail_Warclaw

Quote from: Dorrogtr T`AYou should've trained them and blacklisted them.  :)

Well let's just say that I did try and go a little deeper in, solo, and I did try and fight a few mobs, but they were just too tough and I had to leave my Warder to battle, while I ran for the zone. Sadly little Fluffy died and the mobs chased me.
Because i was unformiliar with the zone, I didn't have time to call train, unfortunatly, which i do fell very bad about.
I made it to zone with a swarm of eight legged freaks just behind me and I was lucky to survive. About 20 sec later I noticed that the 58 BST had also zoned, sadly. I do regret that his game play was interrupted by my slack soloing skills. I hope his two Guildies were all right.
I realy should make a "Train to zone" hotkey...

<keeps a straight face>
Drinal server.

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Dorrogtr T`A

Wasn't your fault really, it was their fault for being ignorant.  :twisted:

Whiptail_Warclaw

Quote from: Dorrogtr T`AWasn't your fault really, it was their fault for being ignorant.  :twisted:

Well if you're going to set up camp close to a zone line, say the enterance of Velks, as they did, then you should expect a train to come threw every now and then... /nods wisely
Drinal server.

lyanne

All the gems I used to hear about people outraged they got trained in the entrance to Maiden's Eye when I would play in DSP with different toons.  If you haven't died to a mushroom train in that spot at least once at mid lvls you just aren't being trained hard enough....

Velks has a bottleneck entrance, I used to really respect someone who was able to yell train a few seconds before they hit the zone since most people just jumped off the ramps to run to zone.