Main Menu

Drogmor in Gunthak

Started by Caali, September 23, 2004, 02:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caali

I spent several hours camping drogmors near Nadox Zi to no avail. Is there a PH to this named drogmor? Is he a random spawn? Where can I find him?
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Hayyel

PH's are the 2 Drogmor by themselves.. closest to the castle.. one on each side.  I have spawned the named successfully on each side.

Caali

Am I reading this right, Drogmor's near the Castle by Dulak? Not the fort near Nadox?
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Syrl

In Gulf of Gunthak there is only one "castle".  So find the stone wall castle and if you look on the far right and left of the steps you will see a lone drogmor.  

Helpful hint on taking him down:

Im a lvl 66 beastlord with not too many aas, and im not EP/KT flagged so my gear may be considered crap to some of you, but I was able to solo this lvl 65 mob no prob.  ~~ i also did this with self buffs only, no kei

Basically i cast SD on myself and sow on both my pet and I.
Be sure to turn pet taunt off!
Next load up the following spells:
   Sha's Revenge
   Scorpion Venom
   Flash of Light

Be sure to med to full.
This spot the Drogmor spawns is very wide open, so get ready to run in circles.
----
Cast Sha's Revenge for initial agro, mine stuck first try

Now have pet attack (remember pet taunt OFF)

get some distance and cast Scorpion Venom

Just keep running till DoT fades and recast.

I used Flash of Light to give me some extra running room and to get a quick rest from running.  

I was very surprised to see FoL stuck 90% of the time.  

Basically just repeat DoT and FoL

I used paragon when i got to about 30m.

At about 5% the drogmor will slowly walk away for you to finish him off.

I finished the mob with 100%hp and 50m

Didnt think i could do it solo, but i quess i was wrong.

Gluck all
Syrl Kylrs    ~    66 Beastlord    ~    The Nameless
Stryndelk    ~    50 Ranger    ~    The Nameless

Ogee

Quote from: CaaliAm I reading this right, Drogmor's near the Castle by Dulak? Not the fort near Nadox?

I got very lucky with this . It is the fort near Nadox . I ran up toward the fort on the right side and the spawn was up and waiting .

Eatbugs

Quote from: CaaliAm I reading this right, Drogmor's near the Castle by Dulak? Not the fort near Nadox?

Sounds like you're confused by people's terminology - there are two entrances to Nadox from Gunthak.  One down the tunnel not far from the fort, and one inside the castle further in the zone.  The two PH drogs spawn to the east and west of the stairs to the castle, well away from anything else. Placeholders are normal drogs for that area.  (savage drogmor, feral drogmor, diseased drogmor and one or two other names, I think - I don't remember offhand.)  They're on a 20 minute respawn timer.

The Delirious Drogmor is very easy to kite once you get him, as there's lots of area on each side of the steps to run around in.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Caali

Stone walled fort was the clincher just nailed him thanks all.
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

TheOriginalGronker

Wow the Gunthak nomenclature is outta whack here.

"Fort" has no zoneline .. its where you find the wolf for the BST LoY spell.  Its the first left as you go down the "Tunnel" from the lighthouse.  Its a wooden stockade with some humanoids around it in small buildings, and trolls/luggalds inside.

The second left which is along the Tunnel is the lava entrance to Nadox.

Then you run into the "Town" which is a collection of small buildings with luggalds/humanoids.  The Tunnel ends here.

The third left eventually leads to the "Castle", which, looks like a big stone building.  Inside are more luggalds/trolls.

The 4th left (or the first right =D) is the Dulak zoneline.

Caali

Heh now you see why I was so damn confused.

In my mind fort and castle are interchangable in this instance. (Yes I know dictionnary would say different but here they are the same). So I needed that 'stone' part to figured it out. The other one has drogmors outside in the tunnel where I spent 4 hours the other morning clearing to no avail.
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Vahaus Warder

It took me 3 spawns to get him. I'm not that well equiped compared to most and he agroed on my warder when I got too far away from him. I dott'd, blinded then sat and summoned pet back. And was more careful, but you have plenty of room to kite it, he runs slow and was actually one of the easiest fights so far.

Kitzen

Though I would add a little info here.  I was with another BL when I did this camp.  His named spawned lower to the right as you faced the castle (we were bored and killed everything in sight).  20 minutes later (roughly) mine spawned in the exact same location.  It was not either of the ones up to the left or right of the steps for us.

Kitzen

Firriann

Adding some info about it. i was planning on kiting it with a druid friend. we got it to pop and i agro'd and started kiting, letting the druid time to snare. but she told me it was un-snareable. fortunately (and kinda strange too) hobble worked and it snared him. so it seems some mobs that cant be snared with a druid can be snared with our pet. was a nice surprise  :)
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Hzark

I hate kiting.

Should I be able to solo this mob in a stand up fight with my gear? (see Magelo)
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688699

Eatbugs

Quote from: HzarkI hate kiting.

Should I be able to solo this mob in a stand up fight with my gear? (see Magelo)

Yes.  Like any mob that hits for 650, you may need to back off occasionally and heal up while your warder tanks.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

bham

I am terrible with directions.

Does anyone have the /loc of these 2 PHs?
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox