Main Menu

OoW Spell Turn-in

Started by Vahaus Warder, September 23, 2004, 04:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khayden

Beerig is on FV, I guess the spells are not nodrop there.

In answer to Beerig's question the only way to find out will be to try it, the handin either works like:

1.  There's a hidden character flag that says how many runes you've handed in per level.

2.  The handin routine checks your spellbook and/or inventory.

I suspect (1) which would mean you'd get a dupe.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Beerig-FV

Thanks Khayden... was just odd cause a lvl 64 BST was selling the lvl 69 spell...  myabe he had gotten the spell then was planning to reroll or such...  seen the same thing happening with Yaulp VII spell, which made me wonder...

Tardar, thanks for the input, but it didn't apply because of FV's rules, where almost nothing is No Drop

Tardar

Yeah, sorry about that, didn't notice the FV stamp at the bottom.  LOL, and I just can't imagine having nothing no drop.

Musogi

Ancient Savage Ice is from an ancient muramite rune, not a glowing.

kabbus

I wish I would have checked here before I had signed up for Sonys $99 for a year subscription.  Then I would have just cancelled and given up on this game.  I find it absurd that Sony has put our spell runes on such high level mobs that most likely require a group to kill.  Its apparently not just a couple spells, its *every* spell.

I'm level 65 and solo a lot and do not like grouping.

These minor runes sell for 25k+ in the bazaar.  Personally I think Sony is intentionally trying to drive people away from this game to eq2.  They definitely are killing it with a slow death. 

Thaeliun

Kabbus it's really not as bad as all that.  You can solo rune drops with a little creativity.  I would recommend trying it with at least a duo though if possible.  In this case a necro is your best friend.

I tried to turn in a 3rd minor muramite last night (because I hadn't checked my spell list in awhile and didn't know there were only 2 spells at 66), The crazy guy told me I had already given him that rune and handed it back to me (I'm starting to like that crazy little SoB).

Beckie

Got Sha's Legacy last night on my first Glowing Rune (on Test).  Looks like it is going to come ahead of Festering Malady.
[70 Wildblood] Animist Beckie (Iksar)
[70 Prelate] Archon Candarie the Healer (Dark Elf)
~ Officer of <Defiance> on the Test Server ~

bham

Thats great news about the 70 slow if it turns out that way on the live servers.

I got the first 2 70 runes a while back for FM and 70 warder. I was then  planning to outfit all 3 of my boxes with their level 70 spells before going back for Ferocity of Irionu. When I heard the new slow was coming I started looking to get 2 more glowings for Bham for when it goes live. I only have 1 so far, but didnt bother turning it in. I wont loot anymore with Bham and hopefully once the new slow goes live Ill be able to hand it in and get the slow without wasting a rune on the crap fero upgrade.

My only concern is that it has been bumped to first on the list for test only, so that they get some feedback about it sooner, and that it will be 4th spell on the live server list.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Beckie

That's possible ... I honestly wouldn't have any way to tell you.

However, I can say that in the past when they wanted players to test spells, they've handed them out directly.  The other 70 BSTs I've talked to hadn't heard anything.  There's only maybe a half dozen beasts tops that can even get Glowing Runes, and a few more that are in the right range, so attempting to get feedback in that way would be rather poor.
[70 Wildblood] Animist Beckie (Iksar)
[70 Prelate] Archon Candarie the Healer (Dark Elf)
~ Officer of <Defiance> on the Test Server ~

Clanncy Macalroy

I have the new slow as of about a week ago.  It is the same in effect as revenge but has a much lower resist rate.  I am resisted on first attempt about 20% on RS mobs compared to about 40-50% first attempts with revenge. (estimated)  The draw back is a much shorter duration.  1.5 minutes.

This was my second glowing and was Very disappointed that it was not the 70 pet.  If the previous post about this taking the place of Festering malady as the first turn in is correct then I suppose it makes sense.  BTW, is festering a Waste of a Glowing or what?  I never even bother with it.  What a freaking waste.
Clanncy Macalroy
Arch Animist of Saryrn
Don't pull my tail, and I won't rip out your Throat!

Nusa

Also see this thread: http://www.beastlords.org/forums/index.php/topic,5510.0.html

Sounds like in the new order of things, the new slow is first, and the pet is still second. But, since you obtained your first spell under the old order, for YOU the slow is 2nd and the pet 3rd. We won't know the complete story on spells until someone who didn't have any gets reports on the entire set.

As for dots in general, they're mana-efficient damage when I'm soloing. In raids, the mobs usually don't live long enough to make it worthwhile. The exception to that is range fights.

Animist

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I just got my last 2 glowings tonight.

The "new" turn-in order for level 70 spells:

1/ Sha's Legacy
2/ Spirit of Rashara
3/ Ferocity of Irionu
4/ Festering Malady

I started getting all of mine after the new slow came in, so this should be the new order.
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Jzath

All I can say is Yay! for the new order.  I only have had the chance to turn in one glowing rune and I got the new slow.  I was so mad.  For me the slow is a waste as my mate is a chanter and she does all the slowing.  I think I have cast slow like 3 times.

However, now I am not so made if I get my warder on my 2nd turnin.  I thought I was farther away.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

Tardar

Spell list on the front page should be updated btw.  Just what I noticed was the level 70 slow and Growl of the leopard or whatever from DON was missing. 

shenk

Quote from: Tardar on November 21, 2005, 08:05:10 PM
Spell list on the front page should be updated btw.  Just what I noticed was the level 70 slow and Growl of the leopard or whatever from DON was missing. 

The DoN spells aren't rune turn-ins.