Main Menu

OOW Soloing...anywhere worth it for level 60?

Started by Kohai Killdozer, September 23, 2004, 07:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kohai Killdozer

Greetings...long time lurker, finally decided to speak (feel like im calling Jim Rome).

The question is as the subject suggests. I recently purchased OOW but havent had a chance to really check it out yet. The first couple of nights it was so packed on our server that I avoided it, and I havent got to log on since then.

So...Im just thinking about what I Want to do this weekend and thought id go solo for some XP, but I didnt know if this was doable or worth the time in any oow zones.

Thanks in advance for any constructive comments.

Nekokirei

Bump.

Anyone?  At 60, I've been looking for a change of scenery--I can only handle so many shrooms, gobos, and gnolls.  Been to OoW once--loved graphics, but my machine hated the place; all the animation was sorta of  "gliding" through jello and mobs almost seem like they need to be "belly" fought--almost standing inside them ot connect.  Did notice on a run somewhere we got adds like crazy  Kyvs, Nocs, and a murksomthing all showed up when we paused to get our bearings--eventually Wizzy ported us out as we couldn't get a break to catch our breath.

So, any of our intrepid soloing bros and sises been there done with  anything to pass along?
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Hereki

There's a wide range of mobs in Dranik's Scar, and, same as anywhere fighting on a path line is going to give you tons of adds.  The problem is that it is very hard to work out where to path lines are, unless you sit for 10 minutes or so just to watch.  People like to train the zone lines, too, so fighting there isn't such fun.

You absolutely can solo deeper in, and most of those zones are going to be empty.  Harbinger's Spire is going to be a little too tough, I think - lots of potential adds, and they like to run fast.  Noble's Causeway is just plain too high at 60.  Which leaves?  I forget the name of the zone, something like Bloodfields?  I've never tried there, but it looks about the right level.

The other option, and it's probably a better one, is to find two low people and grab an instance.  The level is set by the person requesting it, not the average group level - so one of the lowbies would need to get the instance for you.

Tillath

Bloodfields may be doable at 60, but doubtful that the exp will be worth the time sink required to solo here.  I tried in there at 64 and can solo but imo it is not worth the downtime as mobs hit in the 200s+ and have a decent amount of hp.  They also all run. 

Info on mobs near the DS zone line:
   - Respawn is around 15 minutes (not timed precisely)
   - Dragorns at zoneline - blue ones hit 200+, red ones hit 350+, nameds hit 550+, all can quad as far as I have seen.  Some of the red ones cast and proc also.
   - Past the dragorns to the courtyard - nocs, ukuns, ikaavs - all can hit 200+, ikaavs are casters and a lot of them mass dispell (lost 6 buffs the first time i pulled one), nocs and ukuns have the Chaos Claws proc (500ish DD random proc).
   - Beyond the courtyard - from what I have seen here the mobs are a few levels higher outside the gates/wall of the courtyard and their hp and amount they hit for goes up substantially.  Pulled mainly golems and nocs.  They mitigate slow and can hit for 350+ regularly, plus Chaos Claws on all noc and ukun model mobs.

Solo at 64 (a little over 5k hp self buffed plus 9s, SD, KEI and paragon)- 3 mobs before respawn (4 if my dodge and block kicked in a lot or I resisted the procs and didn't have to sit a lot between fights to regen hp and mana).

Duoing with a druid (64 bst/65 dru) we were able to keep about 8 or so mobs dead before respawn - 4 from inside the courtyard, up to 4 from outside the wall before the ones in the courtyard started respawning.

At 60 solo in OoW,  I would recommend playing in Dranik's Scar, but as was previously posted this can be a pain at times.

If you have GoD, I would recommend there - you should be able to solo in Natimbi.   At 61, I was able to do the  restless souls camp (if it's open) fairly easily.  Was decent exp and they drop pieces for a quested 1HB also (Mace of Focused Flame).  It's a change of scenery and very easily doable at 60.

And if you move into Qinimi and are able to solo at the zone line there, you should be able to take Bloodfields - fairly similar mobs and difficulty level to courtyard area of Bloodfields (ukuns, nocs etc).

Hope that helps some :)
Tillath Silverwolf (and his trusty warder Dammitt)
65 Feral Lord of the Tribunal
Husband to Margay Silverwolf, Storm Warden of Tunare
Brell Serilis (now Cazic Thule)

Oneiromancer

Quote from: Tillath on March 09, 2005, 08:16:44 PM
If you have GoD, I would recommend there - you should be able to solo in Natimbi.   At 61, I was able to do the  restless souls camp (if it's open) fairly easily.  Was decent exp and they drop pieces for a quested 1HB also (Mace of Focused Flame).  It's a change of scenery and very easily doable at 60.

And if you move into Qinimi and are able to solo at the zone line there, you should be able to take Bloodfields - fairly similar mobs and difficulty level to courtyard area of Bloodfields (ukuns, nocs etc).

Restless souls are nice, I agree, although I think the named was upgraded in difficulty after release.  I actually found Qinimi to be quite difficult compared to Riwwi: in Qinimi the mobs mitigate slow, while in Riwwi they don't.  In Riwwi the zone-wide drop reward may be better than in Qinimi as well.  However, i still wouldn't recommend it for a level 60 soloer, since the resist bonus from Ferocity is so useful (and doesn't cost a peridot like Savagery does).

As for the original question...I agree that Dranik's Scar is really the only OoW zone you'll want to solo in.  Bloodfields is inefficient, and while Harbinger's Spire was fairly decent, it still is much more of a challenge than the zones in other expansions which are more appropriate for your level.

Torgiran Mines (LoY expansion) was one of my favorite zones to solo in, until post-66, when the most efficient mobs turned light blue.  I think it would work out well for a 60, although 62 is much better with the new pet then.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Tillath

/agree Oneiromancer

Fero vs Savagery is huge as far as fighting in GoD and OoW go - I always have Fero on when I am in GoD or OoW because of all the procs - and Savagery can get expensive fast. 

It's been a while since I was in Qinimi, and I wasn't the primary slower when I was there so I will take your word on it that they mitigate slow - I did not know that.  I was going by approximate mob level and the amount the mobs hit for when I made the suggestion.  So scratch the Qinimi suggestion - if it's as hard or harder than Riwwi, I would not recommend it for a level 60 solo.
Tillath Silverwolf (and his trusty warder Dammitt)
65 Feral Lord of the Tribunal
Husband to Margay Silverwolf, Storm Warden of Tunare
Brell Serilis (now Cazic Thule)

Hereki

One more thing: as far as I can tell both GoD and the early Omens zones have a worse exp modifier than PoP zones have.

Nekokirei

Many thanks to all for the excellent pointers and commentary.  Looks like I defintely need to consider grouping for the OoW and GoD zones at this level.  However, after reading Hereki's comment regarding mods, thinking I'll stick with the PoV groups for AA/xp--my name is Neko and I'm a PoVacholic-- and hit the new exp for fun with guildies and friends.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Hereki

Generally speaking, I believe that, if you want to get exp in either GoD or Omens, you should be grouped.  Soloing is fine if you are after drops.

I'd welcome comments on that, actually, as I have done very little exping in either expansion, and I was too high for the entry zones (Natimbi and Dranik's Scar) when they came out.

Oneiromancer

I think that Harbinger's Spire is the only OoW zone where a non-raiding Beastlord might be able to get a decent fraction of, say, GE solo experience.  Maybe Bloodfields, but in HS you should be able to time spawns much more accurately.  Still, I was mostly there for the dropped augments and it was just a nice bonus that the AAXP was halfway decent.

Some super high end Beastlords seem to do okay in the Murkglider caves in WoS, which was one of my favorite grouping spots because with any halfway decent healer I could tank very easily, and the experience was fast and furious, so on nights when there weren't any "real" tanks to be found it was a good place to be.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired