Main Menu

Got ideas?

Started by Tastian, September 23, 2004, 09:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinash

I would like to see a use for language skills. Either they should use them or get rid of them. I wouldn't mind having QUest NPC's speaking in their native tongues only, so if you can't understand the language the NPC will speak gibberish! I know they started that with dragons, but it might be fun to do it to all NPC's.

Get rid of Begging as it is pointless. I have never had it succeed ever :)
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Dummkopf

Change the chat system so that cross server tells no longer get lost during zoning, change your friend list so that you can see the online status right there, kinda like on eqim, serverwide as well.

jitathab

Raid Leader Target rings - make each one a different colour and each ring visable.

i.e.  the offtank target  ring is red on the mob he is hitting the same time the MT ring is blue on the target he is hitting. Two visible rings.

Raid leader AA is also immensly slow :/ Perhaps a slight boost in the xp. Small guilds will never get the benifits very quick unless raiding non stop.

Also Raid Leader abilities should be available to any raid greater than 11 people not 18 - helpful for epic encounters and so on.

Choppin

Currently you can give classes in raid colors, would be neat if it would color their name outside raidwindow in that color too.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Rhulan

I'd like to see some kind of self buff. Whether an upgrade to Frenzy or something. Every hybrid class has one or more self only buff/proc. I can understand them not giving a self proc as we have our pet proc, but come on having our own self buff won't kill them. Plus we are short spells anyways.

This may not happen till next expansion, but I wouldn't mind seeing some new skills defensive or offensive skills. Not AA skills. It was kind of fun to work hard to max out skills. Now you just get points and buy it thats it. Makes sense that we'd have new skills at this point since we are of much higher lvls. Don't have any ideas but I think that would be good, bring back some old school feel and add something new that will help. This could be done across the board. Have a few more ideas but think this would be a great start. :)

Hereki

I have one that is more important than any I have seen on these lists so far.

The ability to turn off the thunder.  Preferably the rain noise as well, or even just adjust the volume.  Thunder noise is set way too high in the mix, making playing EQ without headphones antisocial at almost any time of the day or night.

Jzath

Turning off the environmental sounds under alt-o is not something you want to do?  I find after being in a zone for hours on end I get tired of the background noise.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

Iskandar

Faction should actually be useful for something other than buying or selling to vendors in some random location or spam. ie, the LDoN factions, or some of the new OoW factions -- why bother having them if they serve no purpose or can never be improved? Tie them into new quests or titles or something so they have a role again. Does anyone else bother raising Sarnak faction, for example? There's no reason or benefit to it, other than not having them attack you while running around.

Some of the Leadership AA need to be looked at/revised so they are not rendered useless by game updates since they were implemented.

Raid exp -- it'd be nice if it existed :P  We get together, will kill kill kill for two or three hours or more, and we might see a couple percent AA if we're lucky.

I'd love to see more LDoN type dungeons in new locations -- Kerra/Erudin has a LOT of good backstory, Chardok, Cabilis, Veksar, Qeynos, Highhold, Thurgadin/Kael, Skyshrine/Veeshan's Peak, Shar Vahl -- these and many other locations have a rich history that many players never see much detail on. It'd make for a nice expansion to LDoN :)

----

A post-lunch edit idea: Add quest NPCs for various factions that work like LDoN mission NPCs. Having appropriate faction with them lets you choose from instanced missions they issue. Successful completion of the missions provides access to more missions, including raid missions, and access to new faction-related Titles. This would open up new hunting areas (perhaps even revitalize unused areas) with new gear drops, new titles, backstory opportunities for various areas, and would give factions more relevance.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Oneiromancer

Is faction related to aggro radius?  That is, if you are high scowling (i.e. close to threatening), is the aggro radius lower than if you are rock bottom scowling?  That is the only reason I can think of for LDoN faction.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Hereki

Quote from: JzathTurning off the environmental sounds under alt-o is not something you want to do?  I find after being in a zone for hours on end I get tired of the background noise.

Because I want the annoying sounds, like thunder, turned off - but environmental sounds turns off the music as well.  The two should be separate.

Fionnah

I have 2 or 3 pet peeves:

1) Since Vellious, all dungeons have been (with a few exceptions in Luclin) "Big room separated by tunnel".  For some odd reason it is just stupid.  Solusek's Eye and Naggy's Lair ruled the new dungeons.  Every single old world dungeon (and most of the Kunark/Vellious ones) rocked all over every single dungeon after Vellious, with a very few exceptions.  Make real dungeons again instead of the ones that have come out lately.

2) Faction?  What is faction?  I killed my god!! Yay!!! Now I can get to the next zone!  What's that?  I worship Mithaniel Marr and shouldn't have done that?  So what, there is no other way to get to Time now, is there?  Faction has meant absolutely NOTHING since Vellious, with the exception of Seru/Katta, which was little more than an excuse to make the Runed Earring of Veracity quest.  There was so much more that could have been done with every expansion since Vellious but wasn't done.  Luclin had a lot of potential, but it was lost.  PoP was nothing but potential... but again it was lost.  GoD had a little bit (very little bit) of potential and OoW would have, had they came out with the Order stuff at the same time.  Even without that, there was still potential with different warring factions of discord.  All lost again.

3) EverQUEST is the name of the game, NEVERquest is the reality of the game.  Classic was full of quests, still is.  Kunark was/is full of quests.  Vellious was half quests, probably *the* perfect expansion, IMO.  Luclin quests... meant little, except for the Vah Shir newbie/tradeskill quests.  PoP, are there any real quests other than the big 3 that are centered around 'ubers' and require a Hope Stone (EP access)?  There should have been alternate quests for each stage of progression, for those that they applied to.  MM worshippers should have been able to quest around killing him, same for Bertox, Sol Ro, Rallos Zek.... but all for naught.  They used the word 'quest' to excuse a new flagging system (read: haves and have nots system).  GoD?  Yeah... there was a quest in there somewhere... not sure where, but I'm sure it was there...  OoW?  Oh yeah, the usual thing called "keyed zones" that requires turning in some crap to get access to a new zone.

Did they lose everyone that even looks like a writer?  Is there some guy writing "A history of Norrath" and just sticking the stuff in for the players, but not giving us any actual part to play (quests)?  This stuff is gorp.  The old world NPCs should want to know about Discord.  Why don't the old world mages want information about the Elemental planes?  Why wouldn't the Priest of Mithaniel Marr want you to deliver a message to him?  There are way too many opportunities that have been lost to the quest writers in the name of "Get it out faster and really, really cheaply".  I wish they'd get a clue and give us enough quests to fill days upon days of time like it used to be.  I knew Monks that used to quest up through their sashes and headbands as a way and reason to level.

Now it's "do your newbie zone to level 5-10, go to Paludal until 23 or 24, then go to Echo until 30...." you get the idea... it's just a race to get higher levels.  It should be a race to learn more information about the game world.  Instead it's turned into a Massively Multiplayer Online Game instead of a Massively Multiplayer Online ROLE-PLAYING Game.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Khathor

Small request.  I'd like to see the skills window better organized.  At least put language skills on a seperate tab.  8)

Jalorm

Fix 2HB animation.  Tired of poking with a giant hammer.

And mobs that are stunned should not be able to dodge, block, parry or riposte attacks.  Come on, if you are stunned you cannot move!

Blinded mobs should have a low success rate of hitting you.  You can't hit what you cannot see.

Mobs casting SoW indoors is down right cheating.

Lorathir

EverQuest 2 has a /showhood command. Basically, it turns a helm with a graphic into a helm without a graphic, so all your hard work at customising the charecters face and hair doesn't go to waste when wearing an obtrusive helmet.

I'd loooove to see that in EQ1. Hell, I think everyone would.

tkyn

What about something for guilds that makes officers/leaders, or something along those lines, stand out in game? Like the guild leader has a "standard" above his/her head, or some sort of custom graphic. They could let you use the armor tinting feature and a 10x5 flag graphic to let guilds design their own in-game flags even.

When people are invis/IVU, make them semi-transparent. Does it have to be all or nothing? Would make it a lot easier to keep invis up on someone else when trying to move through an area.

Let us tint our warders for crying out loud. Why do they all have to look alike?
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan