Main Menu

Got ideas?

Started by Tastian, September 23, 2004, 09:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorathir

QuoteAdd titles for home towns

Can you tell me what that means Tastian?

An extension to the name of cities, ie "Halas, The Frozen City", or a player title ie "Lorathir of Halas" ?

Tastian

I figured it meant something like Loarthir champion of shar vahl or something like that.  Kinda like for doing the newbie quest in shar vahl or something.  Wasn't an item I put there or anything though so honestly not certain hehe.

Lorathir

Haygrid

Hey Shieara, you may have just got your wish.

I acutually found a true noob last night, so I hung around GF and the CB for a bit helping him out.  Then I got a tell from a 11 cleric in the throne room asking if I could kill amob for them.  "Sure" I said, "No problem"  

BIG PROBLEM!

(To be fair I had no buffs other that SD and niether did my warder, I was bufffing noobs :)

I got creamed, CREAMED by an Orc Messanger, a level 65 Mob.

After getting laughed at by my guild (anyome able to rez in CB? lol)  I looked up and apperantly Gaurd Fey says something about there being a new alliance tween the orcs and vampires, and that they are expecting news, and that the Orc Messanger drops some kind of battle plans.

I could find nothing further online about this, and by the time I had mustered our forces he had despawned.

So be careful what you wish for :)
7th Hammer Wolf Owner of 70 Seasons
Proud Member of Shattered Destinies
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1082582

ZebulisVZ

1) Guard of calliav series should block dispell (the first thing people do in pvp is dispelling your pet)

2)Pets should do full dmg in pvp

3) Maybe pets should increase in power with progression? (flags, entering new zones or similar, was reading the dps thread when this idea bumped me)

4) Give (or change some of the old) bst poison based nukes, we shaman are shaman hybrids. Its very annoying to be restricted to cold nukes in places like plane of water or riftseekers.

firebox

1. Please make my epic-earned title stay with me when I die. I can never remember to re-set my title after I rez and have the epic back in my possession.

2. Make cloudy potions stackable.

3. An insta-click summon companion item would be a great tool for positioning a pet, especially on raids. I'd love to see that added, perhaps as a quest.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=980650">http://anissamichelle.hypermart.net/EQsigs/funkyfiresmall.jpg" WIDTH="137" HEIGHT="250" BORDER="0">

Xennova

Where is my LDON augment that gives 150damage and lower my agro...instead of yekesha effect that have a stun i think it would be a possibility

Shieara

This is in response to the cloudy potion thing above.

I believe they can't make potions with a single charge stack.  There is some coding reason for this.  At least that is what I remember a dev saying from way in the misty past.  This is the reason they have the different doses for potions instead of stacks.  Of course this may be incorrect but I seem to remember it.  10 dose cloudy potions would be nice though.

Rakarr

I'm right behind more dynamic content and events, other than "uber mob appears here, buckets of people zone in, lots of whacking occurs and it drops stuff"

Omens of War. I have a love-hate relationship with this expansion. It feels more alive than PoP and GoD to me. I get the feeling that there's an overriding plot here, I like the feel of the zones, the mobs are interesting.

On the negative side, after I had run around going ooh and aah and complimenting the expansion, looking forward to seeing how the faction affects quests etc, the shine wore off.

Everything in Omens of War seems to take -way- too long. Rune drops are way too low for example. I'm spending the majority of time in OoW and so far I have one ( and yes, I'm trying to get in on groups that will be facing names, expeditions, that sort of thing ). It's not too hard, it's just hard to get anywhere without logging on for 4 hours or so if you want to get hold of spell runes. I very much agree withthe recent mobhunter article in this respect ( http://mobhunter.com/000037.html ). I want to play EQ for fun, not be shoehorned into camping for hours and hours for runes, that just becomes a grind.

I'm getting a lot of feedback from low end / mid type players that this is a source of frustration. I don't mind advancing over time, but I don't want the game to need to turn into a "grind by necessity" for basic upgrades like my higher level spells ( 66 - 68 ) as I level. I think that should be something we see as we naturally progress. I imagine the more hardcore players are probably getting runes at the rate that you intended, but how about balancing it somewhere between? Doing quests, exploring zones, finding new stuff, faction, that's where it's at for me, not mindless farming.

OoW feels like a great expansion with some very obvious lengthy and also very necessary timesinks ( unlike say planar flagging, which I could opt out of ), moreso than what I have experienced with previous expansions. If they were engaging, interesting timesinks I'd be ok with that, but they're not, it's just farming :)

Boats working again = yes please! I'd gladly spend some time revisiting old boat trips :)

Yes for more quests!

Yes for more real dungeons, and a definite yes for some revisiting of oldworld lore.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=973008" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rakarr
67 Beastlord
Drinal

Evanus

This change would be purely fashion. As a cat beastlord. i would kinda like for my warder to have the same coat as me.... it would be cool to summon a white tiger instead of bengal. just IMHO.
Grandmaster Fletcher Evanus Bladestorm  / Pathfinder / Vallon Zek

Bloodrawr Battleclaws / Feral Lord-in-training / The Nameless

Don't hold in your farts, because then they travel up to your brain.....and THAT'S where all your crappy ideas come from. :O

Lorathir

Quotelots of whacking occurs and it drops stuff

:P

ChisuBB

possible idea for an aa - "focused perfection" - lets you cast paragon/perfection on a single target ( including yourself ) for x2 or x3 the mana / hps youd get from a normal cast.

Choppin

Was it mentioned already ?

Would be nice to see a parseable dmg number of pet procs.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Hanelce

Being able to prespend AA's would be nice.  Like say you want to save up for Pet Affinity, 20 AA's is a lot to save up.

So, as you ping, you put 1 AA into Pet Affinity, then it takes the required number of AA's down to 19.  You can continue to put AA's into it, until you reach the 0 AA's then you finally have Pet Affinity.

I put off SS and a lot of things that I needed because I'm one of those people that see 10 AA's banked, and I want to spend them.

75 Arch Animist

Tastian

Seeing non-melee dmg from pets has been talked about.  Nothing major, but it has been brought up.