Main Menu

Got ideas?

Started by Tastian, September 23, 2004, 09:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanndas

I think that pet spells flashing as they run out has been mentioned.

I leave pet window minimized. Should be a flashing icon to warn when a spell will finish.

Time for our fizzle rates to be fixed. Conj at 196 and 10 fizzles. Evoc is 161 and it doesn't fizzle.... doh thats why we need KEI

Quests alowing us to build up a stat. We weren't born smart and 160 wis hurts.

Look at skiilups. Dex at 200 and 4 hours in JPF and not 1 skill up in piercing

Pets get our resistances, why not other simple attributes like SoW, strength. Or let us target pet/us and cast a spell only once for a little more mana. Real pain to have to always "Double Buff"
Nanndas - 56 Animist - Drinal Server

Baking - GM + Trophy
Brewing 200
Pottery 179
Smithing 122
Tailoring 115
Jewelcraft 188

Oneiromancer

Quote from: NanndasTime for our fizzle rates to be fixed. Conj at 196 and 10 fizzles. Evoc is 161 and it doesn't fizzle.... doh thats why we need KEI

Almost all of our DoTs are hand-me-downs from Shaman spells, while the nukes are mostly Beastlord-only.  The nukes have a build in fizzle modifer, which make them easier to cast (and is why they have a 30 second refresh).

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Karve

Oldies but goodies...

Can the following druid circles finally be activated:
Rathe Mountains
Ocean of Tears
*any other unused but in game rings/spires should have beeen restored by their followers by now.

Speed up the Nexus Scions. - Send Gnomes to teach them how to teleport on request.

Add some way (quest ideally) for enabling non-uber guild members a chance of getting their GoD spells (I feel completely shafted by that expansion: our guild of 12 or so part timers/casual gamers are nowhere near eligable to take on that content or even most of the PoP zones. How can I get my spells from an entire expansion I can't use? .. which I paid for oddly under the impression it was for everyone...not just everyone who is in Plane of Time gear).

See above re : OoW.
Analogy. Sending a Monk dressed in rawhide wielding a FS staff to fight in Kunark.

Ensure that ifa merchant sells you an item they'll buy it back. - Platinum ribbons in gunthak . can be bought but not returned, and that sux.

LDoN augments .. all the best ones are slot 8 only.... how am I ever going get an item from Plane of Time ? I can do hours and hours of LDoN (over the course of sevaralweeks) to earn my augments , but what can I put them in? Be fair to those who can't devote 4+hours a day every day to an uber guild.

Basically an Alternate path to progression with some nice rewards. If it takes me 4 or 5 months to do a quest for something PoT equivalent I would, but dont make it require a raid for for flags or keys,or require any more than 1 full group of 65's ever. Aim content squarely at the part timers.

more when it comes to mind:)

Professional Mad Bastard.

Taiglin

I think the zone wide drops they came up with in GoD was really a good one. While many old world zones could maybe use a revamp, why not indroduce the no drop random drops there as well? I would think it would be much much easier to implement that then to spend considerably more on everything it would take to revamp mobs, entire loot tables, etc.

Maybe it is an overall coding issue where they can't do it and is why it hasn't been done /shrug. I do think it would be a step in the right direction for getting toons in some of the more unused zones. Even the remote chance of getting a drop from somewhere that had decent or on par xp would certianly be an attraction for me. Besides you would feel a little more free to crawl around vs target 1 spawn point and the mobs around it.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Oneiromancer

I think they had some zone-wide drops in LoY...in Torgiran there are a few decent pieces that can drop from every troll mob at least.  Maybe that doesn't count.

I agree, it would be a nice surprise.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Haygrid

I think that perhaps instead of Perfection of Spirit, the duration of Paragon should have been further extended by AA, and if than would then get it into the realm of being affected by focus effects, so be it.
7th Hammer Wolf Owner of 70 Seasons
Proud Member of Shattered Destinies
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1082582

negrismorte

Quote from: HaygridI think that perhaps instead of Perfection of Spirit, the duration of Paragon should have been further extended by AA, and if than would then get it into the realm of being affected by focus effects, so be it.

hehe, I already got slammed on this one.  Check the equipment forum under the zephyr of brells post.  Focus items don't affect AAs.  FYI, the extend enhancement focus is only 24 sec now so paragon is well in the affected realm - except for the fact that is it not affected.

Tastian

Bleh you didn't get slammed hehe.  But yeah focus effects don't work on AAs.  Extending the duration could improve the benefit, but wouldn't offer as much burst effect to help deal with AE dmg/mana drain.  *shrugs* Doesn't look like we'll see any changes to perfection anytime soon though.  8(

Nimbin

How about adding another ability similar to Paragon/Perfection that removes disease/poision/curse counters, can scale (pulling numbers out of air) 3/6/9 and charge similar scale of aa for them.  Same type of 15 min timer as well.  

Perhaps another overtime spell that adds % (25,50,75)increase to avoidance, cleave, shield, stun, combat effects, etc mods, or make it pet only similar to the clicky on the epic 1.5.

I don't think we'd be stepping on bard territory or shammy since ours would only be 6-7 tic durations.  It would give us a little more raid purpose and still work good for grouping and soloing.

Since perfection appears not to be getting adjusted, was just trying to come up with alternatives for our class.

Hereki

The remove counters ability is almost identical to the priest RC line, which costs 2/4/6 AAs from the PoP selection.  RC stands for Radiant Cure, apparently.

If this were to be implemented, then I would imagine it would fit into the Omens section, with costs 3/6/9.

It is of some use outside of raids, but is important on many raids, and especially if your guild is short on clerics, taking some of the load off can be an advantage.  Depends how many druids and shamans you have, I guess.

danaconda

I posted this in another thread in General, but maybe it will do more good here.

This is for the lower level population mainly...... instead of revamping old school low level zones that are underused, increase the respawn timers. Zones like Mistmoore, Upper Guk, SolA..... and even a zone like Echo Caverns where 1 duo can own 3 whole camps easily (I've done it with my bst/dru combo at appropriate exp levels).

This wouldn't take much of their time. I'm sure other zones like runnyeye, gorge of king xorbb, splitpaw and some others I don't know of very well have long respawns. In this day and age of EQ, long respawns are unnecessary in lower level (less than 50) zones.

Thanks for your time!
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Graace

It'd be nice if they could do something like what they do in FFXI... if you die, you can release and go to bind, or wait around.  Some people zone all kinds of slow, and if they die they ahve to do it twice, and some people still crash upon zoning, would be great if they could give you the option to wait a minute until the entire party dies or see if they can rez you right up rather than have everyone waiting forever while you zone.
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

hughman

Quote from: danacondaI posted this in another thread in General, but maybe it will do more good here.

This is for the lower level population mainly...... instead of revamping old school low level zones that are underused, increase the respawn timers. Zones like Mistmoore, Upper Guk, SolA..... and even a zone like Echo Caverns where 1 duo can own 3 whole camps easily (I've done it with my bst/dru combo at appropriate exp levels).

This wouldn't take much of their time. I'm sure other zones like runnyeye, gorge of king xorbb, splitpaw and some others I don't know of very well have long respawns. In this day and age of EQ, long respawns are unnecessary in lower level (less than 50) zones.

Thanks for your time!

I have long thought that they should do something at least with named spawn times/ probability.  I would like to see where the longer a PH goes w/o being killed the more likely that the next spawn will be the named.  Make it so that if the PH stands for a 4-5 days there is a 75% chance that the Named will spawn next, and scale up to that starting after 3 hours or so.  Also would like to see where zone usage affects over all pop rate and Named pop rate.  The less often a zone is used the more often the nameds pop.  Would not only draw people back to those zones some (probalby not a lot though) but also would make the camps for things like Epic 1.0 and other class defining items faster.

The goal would be to make it less odious to hunt  in these older zones that are just too easy.  And to get some of those still usefull items that people camp (thinking the halfing mask for instance) to come in a more timely fasion.  Camping long times in Guk, Seb and other areas may have had it's day, but anymore it just isn't fun and more of a chore than anything.

Gnarlena

I would like to see additional disciplines added for beastlords in the 65-70 range.  I suggested some of low level warrior ones in a different post and got slammed for it, so I suppose they would have to be something in the way of a class specific variant to provide burst dps to us or our pets or to give us some additional defensive capability.

I would like to see a zone corridor like the one from eastern wastes to great divide installed that allows travel from everfrost into lavastorm.  A direct port or book to the arena would also be nice for guild training and "fight nights".

I would also suggest some limited changes to the old zones of Norrath, with some higher level content that is tucked in a corner or behind a palisade or walls that would not interfere with the historic feel of those zones.  NPC's in the 55-60 range would be great and would hopefully allow limited solo efforts as well as one group activity.

I have previously suggested a BL version of eye of zomm for scouting purposes.  This would utilize a hawk or eagle for outdoors and a rat or ferret for dungeons.  This would still be a nice addition to our beastlord capability.

Have you noticed how a number of classes and races get specific tradeskills?  Why shouldn't we get something along those lines as well?  As much as I hate tailoring, what if we became masters at high end tailoring to utilize special tanning agents to give further enhancements to primarily leather armors.  This would be in the form of statistical bonuses, defensive capabilities, improved AC, and perhaps a low end damage shield that is inherent in the armor.
Predator Gnarlena Dietrich
68 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro

Wurzle

I would like to see some kind of mob debuff aa implimented...

I spent a few hours in MPG today as main slower, something I dont like doing, but better than sitting lfg hours on end.

However, as there was no debuffing class in the group, I had Sha's Revenge resisted at least 70% of the time, and on several mobs, I just wasted mana the entire duration of the fight chain casting slow till it was dead.

Now I'm not asking for an aa that will give us Malosinia, which debuffs cold,fire,magic and poison by 70, but just a little something that could make it slightly more viable for us, as a supposed slowing class, to be able to actually slow something with more consistancy than we have now.

Even half the debuff power of Malosinia would be an immense improvement over what we bring to groups now.... Which is almost nothing in OoW.

Alternativly, how about some aa's that reduce the resistance factor of Sha's Revenge? something along the line of 3 levels, cost 3/6/9 reducing resistance by 5/10/15% ?
No, I'm not pleased to see you....
...that really IS a crocodile in my pocket.

Wurzle- 70 Beastlord - Ayonae Ro