Main Menu

Got ideas?

Started by Tastian, September 23, 2004, 09:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarshakittenRI

increase pets run speed to keep up with  us wihout haveing to use shrew spell

a healing over time spell for are warders instead of long casting single shot heals

Dummkopf

Just for info, our best pet heal is insta cast, cost us no mana and heals up to 17920 a shot (without heal foci, they wouldnt work anyway). The worst thing about it is the long reuse time of 9 minutes. Now i just need to find a way to buff my pet up to 18k hp~~

Carragh

I've noticed that the majority of Gates baking recipes require vegetables.  As a barbarian beastlord who cannot forage but would love to further my baking abilities without begging foraging friends for their scroungings, I'd love to have an AA ability that allows me to forage.  To balance this, it could allow those who already forage to gain skill in foraging, and allow those who can't forage to be able to forage, even if the skill is meager - that way those who can forage naturally aren't having their talents nullified, but those who can't foraged aren't stuck using recipies that don't require foraged items and can work up their skill in the wonderful, step-by-step way that Gates allows one to.  This would be a great asset to those who don't have room on their server's account to make another character just to forage with, whether their slots are already full of characters, or whether they play on Firiona Vie and only have one character to work with, or maybe just for people who don't want to make another character and want to make their character the best it can be.

I would like to be able to see the flags I have in a more organized manner - or in the case of Gates, just to see what flags I have, period.

I would like for the Coirnav timer for failures to be lessened from the current three day wait in place.

I would like to see the models not necessarily updated, but fixed.  I'm not a fan of my barbarian beastlord's 2 hand blunt graphic - she doesn't even use both hands!  She just pokes them with the end of the weapon while the other hand dangles free.  Old graphics don't have this problem, but then I can't use my horse.

Also, the hat for barbarian women that has a flap in the back looks way too much like a mullet and is just revoltingly unattractive.  Unfortunately I didn't know the graphic on my current hat before attuning it to my character, so instead of being able to give it to someone that doesn't care what they look like, I am stuck with it.  The stats on it are great, so I wear it instead of my old graphicless helmet, but I can't help being vain.  The mullet look is just not what I'm going for!  I'd love to let my hair down and not worry about nasty hat hair.  So my suggestion - no, I'm begging! - please change the barbarian hat graphic with the flap on the back to just a normal helmet without the flappy thing that looks like it's cutting into my neck when I ride my horse?  *sniffles*

Speaking of my horse, why does my character seem to have the worst posture ever when riding a horse?  Hunchback is not the look I was going for either.  I just want to poke the middle of her back and tell her to sit up straight!

When dying my barbarian's armor, which is mostly leather since I am a beastlord, I have to find a color that works with the plaid.  There is no way to dye my plaid any shade lighter than the natural green, so I can't have a snowy white plaid set of armor.  Trying to dye any other colors just looks cheesy, and even black doesn't fade out the plaid the whole way (but I find it the most bearable option).  The gold medallions across the chest end up dying the same color as the fabric.  It's bad enough I have my chest hanging out, but at least if I'm going to have a cute accessory like that, it should look like the pretty chain it was meant to be.  My suggestion here is to somehow fix the barbarian women's leather graphic to allow dye to take better with the plaid, so it still looks plaid but not so obviously dyed.  When a robe that is multicolored is dyed, sometimes the colors still stay seperate, although they change to coordinate and still match the dye.

I would love to see barbarians have a robe graphic as well.  Why not?  It just stinks to try to roleplay a wedding when the closest thing to white you can wear is a silvery-dyed set of plate (if you're lucky enough as a beastlord to gather a set of plate - and anyway, who wears armor to a wedding!), or a green plaid, since you can't dye the leather to white.

Take advantage of the town criers! Give them more news to distribute, more funny stories.  Heck, even allow players to send in stories that could be put in the newspapers.  Have the papers be either serverwide or even go so far as to make server specific newspapers that deal with the guilds and players that interact with each other daily - much like the United States might all get USA Today, but a town also has their local paper that nobody across the country would care much about.

Allow libraries to have more books of lore.  I'm always the one in groups begging to loot the books that drop, merely because I love to read the lore and little messages in them.  Myrist was a great concept, in my opinion! To be able to 'check out' books that are purely there for entertainment purposes (rather than as part of a quest) is one of my favorite things about the game.  If the libraries across Norrath would stock up their collections, I would be thrilled.  I know of Shadow Haven's library, and I think Erudin has one (and probably a bunch more across Norrath I'm not aware of)... but to only be able to 'check out' books if you have the faction to get into that town, that would give a reason for average players to work on factions with certain places (other than just for roleplay purposes of being able to walk into a specific town when you'd otherwise be KoS). 

Expanding on this idea, you could have a quest to obtain a library card... or even go so far as to have an NPC in the library that might quiz you on certain books, and getting the quiz right would give you experience, or even have a series of them across the world and be able to obtain a title like Loremaster if you successfully complete them all.  Granted, this would be an idea to highly expand on and would need a lot of thought to make it so people wouldn't be able to exploit it once they know the answers to questions, but if lore were made a large aspect of the game somehow, that would be really cool.  Heck, if lore were even made a small part of the game anymore, that would be really cool!  To have a solid set of "official" lore that doesn't contradict itself like the current lore does quite often sure would be nice.
Feralkin Carragh Vonderewignacht
[70 Wildblood] of <Fire and Fury>
Firiona Vie

Essant

Increase the duration of our only defensive discipline .. I dont want to replace a 1st or 2nd string tank, but I'd like to be able to step up to the plate a bit more effectively and save a group when the MT dies .. 18 seconds is WAY too short.

Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Sardarni

Well I looked thru the 6 pages of this topic and didn't see this mentioned.  My biggest problem is getting KEI and pet toys.  This is because many are leaving EQ.  This causes other issues like difficulty finding groups and not much to buy in the bazaar. With the "ubba" guilds breaking up, there is no compition for the "ubba" mobs.

How about server merges.  My guild has to merge with 2 others to survive, why can't we get some server merges.  I think Zeb was split from the Rathe, can't we join those 2 back?!?

Tastian

I know server merging is the number one issue for pvp players atm and is talked about by others as well.  What you talk about are very much the "ripples" I talked about when many highend people started leaving the game and many that don't want to leave or didn't want to leave are finding their gaming experience has fallen off in terms of enjoyability.  Any announcement of server mergers or something like that would likely come right from brenlo or someone higher up, but it is something that many players have brought up even if not on this particular board or in this particular thread.

Gatorr

I would love to see an AA that allows our pets to crit procs from buffs/weapons.

Firriann

dont know if it was said, but i'd like to see the damage my pet does from procs. either weapons or spell procs i put  on her. would be nice to actually know how much my pet parses really without having to say "my pet did 84 dps + procs" and such. and i agree with gatorr, crit procs on pets would be nice.
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Tiroon

Quote from: Tastian on January 31, 2005, 05:14:58 PM
I know server merging is the number one issue for pvp players atm and is talked about by others as well.

Zek merge seems scheduled for February 8.

This will be an ideal test bed for the mergers of other servers. Any small technical/organizational issue that comes up during the merger of the Zeks is likely to become a big problem once they start to merge blue servers. Once those problems are solved population numbers should be more stable than they are right now, allowing SOE to see which servers are merge candidates.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Gatorr

Totally agree with Firriann pet procs are a major part of pets DPS especially with epic would love to be able to see it show up in a parse.

Gxser

I would sure like to see Two issues added

1. Pets need to keep up . I shouldn't have to hit my Pet with Spirit of Wolf  , since he is a Wolf .

2 . Is there a reasopn why the Barb Bst has no leg , or Arm graphics like we used to have Pre-God . Running around in a Kilt is one thing , but running around in a sleeveless sundress is another . Boo SoE on the Fashion Statement .

Also what ever happened with the Conference last year about Re-vamping all Race looks ? Don't remember if it was Classes as well .
G

80 Bst

Luclin

! Greater  than no one as good as any !

Gimp Gear

Biostar

Guess my concerns are more general such as adding owner names to necro/mage/sk pets. Since my guild has banned pets on a few occasions for not controlling them. Next probably how screwy GoD flags are when it comes to risk vs reward such as Tpit, Ikkitz, etc. I've probably gone though tipt over 24 times just to get my KT flag and have known others that have gone though it more. Then it seems recently with just the latest patch that was supposed to improve connectivity has made many zones in EQ very unstable.

My personal bst issues tend to be more buffing, slowing, AA, and DPS issues. I would certainly like to see more group line of spells since the release of WoW/EQ2 has made shamans a bit scarce. Also longer lasting spells, perhaps a warder resist debuff proc for slows, and maybe a change for epic 1.5 focus such as lowering agro for detrimental spells.

Next some AAs seem to do very little in terms of raising DPS maybe a 1 to 5 percent increase. At 806 AAs i tend to parse just about every offensive or defensive AA i get. So far i haven't seen much change since i started and hope the revamp us for longer/greater substained DPS. Perhaps adding weapon distinctive AAs/disc increasing their damage would help.

[

Sardarni

Well this suggestion is not BL specific, but it could be usefull to everyone.  This will be similar to the /yell command. 
The new command could be something like /where or /hear.  When the command is executed the the next 5 (for example) peices of battle spam will have a directional message like "Mob_02 hits Heeler for 100 behind you and to the left" this will help you find "lost" group members that got agro.  And they dont have to /yell for help while fighting for their llives.

Lesstor

Here are a few general (non bst specific) suggestions:

Create a way to customize helms.  For example I have leather hat  (lets say dumuls for example) and I want to make it look like a plate hat. You can make it somewhat expensive (lets say 2k pp or something) and the "mod" would be specific to that particular hat. If tomorrow I win a qvic hat or whateverr, thats another 2k. This way SOE would kill 2 birds with one stone: allow more customization of characters while creating a money sink.

Put in more quests for illusion items. The wood elf hat and the orginal DE mask where such hits because people really like the idea of  being able to change their apperance. I know I know rogues and bards are gonna claim they "own" this area, but I think you would make more people happy if you open this up to everyone. I would suggest  these items be offered through quests rather then camping/looting.

GoD spells. Please make these  tradeable, or do somethign to make them more avilable. This expansion is just horrible and if it where a normal product like say a discman or a pair of shoes, I would return them because I was not "satisfied". The least you can do is let us get our spells/discs etc from this expansion. I am not suggesting you put them on orc pawns as a common drop, but come on they are just way too hard to aquire.

LDoN revamp. You can kill two birds with one stone here again. Revamp LDoN. You can add unique items in LDoN such as unique clicky effects, new mounts (point purchaseable or something) illusion masks. and get this.....old spells that are hard to come by. LIke wiz ancient concussion which is avilable only in vex thal as I understand it. You could even make GoD spells avilable here.....there are endless possibilties. THe fact remains that LDoN camps are virtual ghost towns now a days.

As somoene who has been playign eq since nearly the beginning I think what SoE has done recently is very honorable. SoE is clearly not the same the company as it was back in the kunark days when they woudl give their most dubious answer to customer suggestions: "not part of the vision - abashi" (anyone remeber this clown?) They have released two pretty damn good expansions back to back( altho the expansions before these where espcially bad: GoD, LoY).  The server merges, imo, will help breath new life into a dwindling eq population.

Oh and perhaps add a new race and or class next expansion........its been a while....and you didnt do that well with the berserker class......so try again.

Oiingo

A few quick comments regarding the previous post:

LDoN Revamp: Why?  Isn't that what they effectively did with DoN?

Droppable GoD spells and discs?  Why?  Nothing in GoD is worth squat once you obtain your OoW pieces. All tradeable, and most are relatively easy to obtain.

Another race and class? Why?  How many frogloks and beserkers do you see standing around PoK?

Last thing we need is for the developers to focus on areas where we don't really need improvement, per se.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre