Main Menu

Got ideas?

Started by Tastian, September 23, 2004, 09:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunkash

why you ask?  "once you obtain your OoW pieces";  Once, is the key point here; not every one has thier OoW pieces, some of us less uber charachters and/or newer players leveling up, aren't EP/time flagged, god flagged, VP, etc.I wear mainly bazaar gear, and those pieces that ain't worth squat to some, I would just love to have a shot at them. I'd had to agree with Lesstor, when new expansions come out, it would be nice to also have items, say God spells specifically, also drop in these new zones so us lesser mortals can have a chance at them. On our server, all the GoD zones are completely empty, nobody I know of, is even discussing getting flagged there; for the beastlord, there are some very nice items to be had in these zones, but no way to get there. I've talked to many people, not just beastlords, that not only do not have any of thier GoD spells, but have never even had the opportunity to roll on one.  They could have these drop randomly off named, in OoW and DoN. If you've already got them don't roll on them, but many ppl would like to have them me thinks.

New classes aren't necessary, just fix the ones already in place; zerks, as noted,  a classic example, remember the original SOE quote; the best throwing arm in all Norrah, etc... but class was never fully developed from the beginning, and remains that way today, see very few high level zerks around these days, and there's a reason for that.

PS: Got the new DoN level 61 spell 2 nights ago, AWESOME!  ( just fix the pet focus part as others suggested would be really great ). Level 64 pet w/DPOC crits for 146 ( 130 when spell not activated ).

Read on previous threads suggesting pet commands be changed: i.e "Pet Back off" "pet hold" etc not spamming channel; That would be a positive change; at same time be good to also show actual damage from  pet proc's; rellic, flurries, and weilded weapons, etc.

Oiingo

Quotewhy you ask?  "once you obtain your OoW pieces";  Once, is the key point here; not every one has thier OoW pieces, some of us less uber charachters and/or newer players leveling up, aren't EP/time flagged, god flagged, VP, etc.I wear mainly bazaar gear, and those pieces that ain't worth squat to some, I would just love to have a shot at them. I'd had to agree with Lesstor, when new expansions come out, it would be nice to also have items, say God spells specifically, also drop in these new zones so us lesser mortals can have a chance at them

Sounds like I phrased my response somewhat poorly.  The original poster was referring to making GoD spells droppable so they may be purchased, just like those from the Omens of War expansion, and I was questioning the logic behind the decision, as all GoD spells are duplicated in OoW and may be obtained in the Bazaar; the OoW versions generally being superior and only requiring some leveling.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

bham

Each of the GoD spells is duplicated by a superior OoW spell that you can buy the rune for in the bazaar. Except for the nuke, which requires a no-drop 69 rune.

If you want a trushars frost you dont need to be flagged. Geomancy stone Eril drops off some of the named in Barindu. You cant solo the names who drop it (well, I cant  :oops: ) but they are easily 1-groupable. Frenzied Noc Corpsegrinder dropped Eril for me.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

sunkash

Each of the GoD spells is duplicated by a superior OoW spell that you can buy the rune for in the bazaar.

again, I think we're talking apples and oranges, yes they are superior, however none of them are useable at level 65, unless I'm missing something, even level 66 doesn't provide much. I'm at 65 and holding doing AA's, so they would help me, and probably many others, someone who wants to powerlevel all the way to 70, yeah probably no need. Many of the "superior OoW spells" are level 68, so those leveling that have not attained that level, these I would still argue would be helpful during that time.
I've never been a follower of level 1st above all else, as you get more HP stats, etc, think my HP went up 45 points from 64-65, but the mobs needed to fight their HP and hits went up quite a bit, for the 50-60% solo I do, I'm staying around 65 until I can upgrade from Bazaar gear. Also I would 2nd Lesstor comment that having some of the GoD gear drop in the new zones would help us poorer equiped people, until we can get better gear.

Oneiromancer

I viewed level 68 as a pretty important Beastlord level, actually, because of the pet spell upgrades we got then (the stun affects up to level 70 mobs!).  And also some of the OoW AAs could only be activated starting at levels 66-68.  I'm glad I had some time at 65 to do AAs before OoW came out, but I'm also glad I levelled to 68 in order to get those spells.

I was, however, not keen on levelling to 70 since it was very hard on my server to get groups in the places where 69-70 spells drop if you're not in a raiding guild.  So for me it wasn't "max level > all", but it was "68 > 65".  As always, your mileage may vary.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

bham

Quote from: sunkash on March 03, 2005, 02:41:38 PM
Each of the GoD spells is duplicated by a superior OoW spell that you can buy the rune for in the bazaar.

again, I think we're talking apples and oranges, yes they are superior, however none of them are useable at level 65, unless I'm missing something, even level 66 doesn't provide much. I'm at 65 and holding doing AA's, so they would help me, and probably many others, someone who wants to powerlevel all the way to 70, yeah probably no need. Many of the "superior OoW spells" are level 68, so those leveling that have not attained that level, these I would still argue would be helpful during that time.
I've never been a follower of level 1st above all else, as you get more HP stats, etc, think my HP went up 45 points from 64-65, but the mobs needed to fight their HP and hits went up quite a bit, for the 50-60% solo I do, I'm staying around 65 until I can upgrade from Bazaar gear. Also I would 2nd Lesstor comment that having some of the GoD gear drop in the new zones would help us poorer equiped people, until we can get better gear.

If I remember correctly the only spells in GoD, were 2 new nukes (one ancient), a new heal and a new dot. The GoD DoT was a very slight upgrade to SV. At 66 you can get Chimera breath from omens, which is superior. At level 67 you can get trushas mending which is greatly superior to either chloroblast or the GoD heal. Yes, you need to be 66 and 67 to get them, but not 68. The only beastlord level 68 spells are the new warder, new warder proc and new warder haste, none of which had GoD variants.

Yes to use the new spells you must get 2 more levels, but you get access to other spells as well, plus the usual benefits of leveling. I understand that having a chance to access the level 65 GoD versions would be nice, but I cant see it happening. As for GoD type loot dropping of new expansions mobs, I must say that Omens loot is vastly better risk vs reward than anything that dropped in GoD. In omens names are only slightly tougher than the trash around them and they drop very good loot. In GoD named mobs were significantly tougher than the trash around them. Often my group would have no trouble fighting 2 or 3 trash at once in GoD, then get owned in short order by a single named.

My beastlord can tank MPG names, that drop loot with up to 135 hp/mana on them, with 1 cleric on healing. I took my beastlord back to Barindu and tried to kill a named ru-tak (spelling?). I had 2 clerics and a druid on a 5 second C-heal rotation and I came close to dying on several occasions. This guy was quadding for 1k, proccing for 700 and rampaging and flurrying. This sounds like a MPG mob, but he was hitting faster and maxxing his hits much more often, despite being several levels lower that an Omens named. He dropped a 75 hp caster bracer that rotted. Ferubi names are worse. You arent missing out on much from the GoD loot tables (except for raid loot, which is beyond the scale of this discussion).

The quested and dropped gear of Omens is an order of magnitude better than GoD, and all the Omens spells are better than the GoD ones is every area, Except that you have to be higher level to use them.

I think your problem comes down to something that all classes face eventually, but at different levels. Any class can solo to 10, a lot of classes can solo to 20 or 30 or 40. As you get higher in level most classes lose the ability to solo for meaningful exp and loot.

Pure melees and some casters lose it first. Rangers drop out at 50 or so. Mages at 60 or so. Shamans and druids face a steady decline. Chanters lost it when they nerfed charm. Necros can solo to any level.

Beastlords can solo usefully up to 65. Until Omens was released, that meant we could solo our whole career. Inability to solo was a problem for other classes, not us. Now we have to face the reality that soloing above 65 provides rapidly diminishing returns. Yes you can solo to 70, but its a hard slog. If you want to keep soloing you can, but it means staying at 65 as you have choosen to do, or accepting slower and slower progress.

I recommend grouping, but thats not for everyone. None of this really helps your plight, but its something we have to accept. GoD spells will not be made more readily available. Either live with the PoP spells or start grouping in omens, get your levels and get your spell upgrades that way.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Morriss

I think that an extended (possibly 1.5 hour) Clarity buff would make playing lower level characters more fun, especially those that are very dependent on mana (Wizzies come to mind).  There is little more frustrating than getting buffed up with your Temperance buff and Long Duration Shammy buff then getting a 30 minute Clarity, running to your destination, making 2 kills just in time to see your Clarity symbol start flashing.  With the declining numbers of players in game, it is often not possible to find a level appropriate Enchanter to tag along.  I am not asking for any added WIS or INT as in the upper level KEI type buffs, just longer duration.
Just a thought..... :lol:

Impudent

Few items..

Instead of low lvl long-duration clarity.. how about just increasing the meditation rate (simple algorythm change?)?

Also, HUGE peeve of mine... SELL THROWING ITEMS IN POK!!!!

Someone mentioned slowing in WoS and gettign tons of resists??  No offense but I don't see it.  90% of all my slows land first shot.  RARELY, I'll get stubborn mobs that just won't slow for me.

I am undecided in my next item.. so bear with me (no pun intended)..

When I am raiding, I'll die (often) and have to resummon a pet.  I am an ogre.  My bear is HUGE compared to a raid full of Shrunken Raiders.  Please add a command or activatable AA that allows us to summon pre-shrunk pets.  NO OTHER race ('cept maybe vah'shir) has a shrink issue with pets.  I LOVE my bears size.. just not after being battle rez'd and ONLY having the mana to summon a pet.

SELL THROWING ITEMS IN POK!!!!

*btw.. GREAT job with DoN*

I understand we are not Shaman, but for the love of Rallos Zek, give us some GROUP versions of talisman (sell it off as same cost for casting 6 times, but keep the buff timer length).

OH.. GROUP haste TOO.. bad enough it only lasts like 20 minutes... give us a group version!!

More as I think of it.

Oh, and F'Vrex Barxt Qurat... for hitting me 3 times.. EACH for 3196.. when *HE* was at 1% health!!

Venerable Impudent Blasphemy - Retired
Predator Zartuim Agromonster

Hereki

Quote from: Impudent on March 08, 2005, 04:55:37 AM
Someone mentioned slowing in WoS and gettign tons of resists??  No offense but I don't see it.  90% of all my slows land first shot.  RARELY, I'll get stubborn mobs that just won't slow for me.

That came up when Omens was released.  Some of the first beastlords out of beta (Bengali was one, I recall) were complaining that they were getting roughly 50% resist rate at 65, with no MR debuffs.  Not surprisingly, this will lead to strings of 4 or more resists, not uncommonly, and non-optional beastlord tanking.

I believe that at 70, when WoS isn't the exp zone of choice, resists are a lot lower, which is probably where you are coming from.  Gear levels can also make the times you get to tank less dangerous.  You have to consider where zones fit into the progression, not just of yourself.

Impudent

Wos is the type of zone i really do like (like BoT for some reason). 

Although I am lvl 70, I clearly recall being lvl 65 and having almost all my slows land first shot. (this does not include Named mobs)

As far as spells landing (like slow), my gear has nothing to do with it.  Although, is is considered a very nice thing to be able to take a couple hits so heals can land.

It is possible I am special.  It is possible I am totally mistaken.  But I do not think I am.
Oh, and F'Vrex Barxt Qurat... for hitting me 3 times.. EACH for 3196.. when *HE* was at 1% health!!

Venerable Impudent Blasphemy - Retired
Predator Zartuim Agromonster

Urim

To get back on topic to suggested ideas. I posted this in the warder post but could go under here too since it is an idea i would like to see implemented.

I don't know how many people are like me but i use a custom pet window that doesn't show buffs so as such i cannot see the time remaining. I think a good addition would be to include time remaining on buffs to the /pet report command so it would look something like this ...

I have 100 percent of my hit points left.
Spiritual Ascendence 57:24
Growl of the Beast 32:36
Spirit of Irionu 12:12
Hobble of Spirits 19:48
Savage Wildcaller's Blessing 0:42

They have proven this can be done when they implemented it for the Leader AAs as Inspect Buffs 2. This could stil be useful to those that do have the pet buff window as it allows the ability to see the time remaining on all buffs at once without having to move the cursor over each buff. As far as coding, i have no idea of feasibility but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Knodey

On the subject of GoD nukes being not worth the effort, i used Trushar's Frost , Ancient:Frozen Chaos , and Glacier Spear when raiding and in a high mana regen group , its well worth the effort to the get the spells , it seems to me that the GoD spells are resisted less than the oow spell , but i would have to test that more.

hakaaba

This may be a relatively minor issue but between the levels 65-70, shouldn't we have gotten a few more lower level shaman buffs?
From 1-65 we get most of the buffs a shaman would, say 10 levels after the shaman.  Now from 65-70 we got zero new shaman buffs (unless you count focus of alladnu which is never actually given to shamans, but is an upgrade to kragg, which is a shaman buff)  Examples of spells we should have include riotous health, manaical strength, mortal deftness (54, 57, and 58 shaman spells) and possibly some additional resist buffs (all in the 40s for shamans) Also, perhaps one of the weaker focuses.

This is not real high prioritity since i barely if ever use these spells but it is something that was overlooked when they raised the level cap.

I dont know much about shaman spells so there probably are other examples of spells that we should be able to get the hang of between 65 and 70.

I close with some examples of shaman spells and the level bsts get them -- operating from memory about the bst levels but its just to give the idea

acumen  -shm 56,  bst 65
celerity - shm 56, bst 63
regrowth - shm 52, bst 64
ios - shm 49, bst 61
dexterity,  stamina - shm 49, bst 57
talisman of shadoo - shm 53, bst 61

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

hakaaba

Quote from: Gnarlena on November 22, 2004, 01:33:50 PM
I would like to see additional disciplines added for beastlords in the 65-70 range.  I suggested some of low level warrior ones in a different post and got slammed for it, so I suppose they would have to be something in the way of a class specific variant to provide burst dps to us or our pets or to give us some additional defensive capability.

Perhaps some of our AA skills that are currently timed skills could be made disciplines instead.  My poor full hotkey bar more than anything else stands between me and buying things like frenzy of spirit.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Karve

Tallking of spells ....

An AGI buff would be nice, we can buff just sbout every other stat, why not agi?

Longer duration Haste would be nice, group Kragg, IoS and haste would be really nice.

Professional Mad Bastard.