Main Menu

Got ideas?

Started by Tastian, September 23, 2004, 09:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bengali

Quote from: Hereki on March 08, 2005, 09:31:44 AM
Quote from: Impudent on March 08, 2005, 04:55:37 AM
Someone mentioned slowing in WoS and gettign tons of resists??  No offense but I don't see it.  90% of all my slows land first shot.  RARELY, I'll get stubborn mobs that just won't slow for me.

That came up when Omens was released.  Some of the first beastlords out of beta (Bengali was one, I recall) were complaining that they were getting roughly 50% resist rate at 65, with no MR debuffs.  Not surprisingly, this will lead to strings of 4 or more resists, not uncommonly, and non-optional beastlord tanking.

Actually that was in the deeper parts of MPG at level 70 (at least for my tests).

And yes, Hereki's right in that WoS wasn't "tuned" to be a level 70 zone.  Obviously you can still go there and do your thing at level 70, but if you do then the mobs might seem a lot easier than they would to someone who's exping there at the minimum "intended" level.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Knodey

you speak of buffing agi . alot are at max stats , and were hoping that the new shammy spells would increase the AGI stats, i don't see why it doesn't , they get more stam/str/dex , but AGI doesn't get bumped up too??

sierf

i don't know if this has been said, but i think my warder should shield me more. we've been fighting together for a long time. you'd think he'd want me to live a bit more. in addition i'd like a way to shield my warder in some way. he's died for me more times than i can count..and believe it or not, i've died for him several times as well. we're a team and should look out for each other.
Sierf
Son of Cazic

Karve

Level 69 and 70 spells for BSTs...(or in fact all classes).

Only for uber guild people or those that can raid regularly?  spells are a basepart of the class, and I have no problem with ancients and all the really nice loot staying that way, but after 68, what have we [slackers, part timers and casual gamers] to look forward to ?

I can't get the really phat gear, I cant get the ultimately uber ancient spells, but the base tools of the trade should be available to all imo.

I dont want the top gear and ancient spells being handed out like candy, people need to earn that, I'm one that won't, however I don't want to miss 2 complete levels of spells.....

Armour I can (jus about) live without, spells are tools of the trade imo.

Every expansion I think Ihave said the same, give me an alternative route to gaining my spells.  Afterall this is EverQuest.

Take70 peeps, kill some mob = 1 new spell
*or*
Take several hours on your own to collect (scavenger hunt style but *soloable*) 10 items from [wherever] zones = 1 new spell.

I want the OPTION to be able to quest for things, at least then its down to me if I do or don't, rather than can or can't.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Oiingo

I suspect everyone that says they can't get 69 and 70 spells, because they aren't raiding, must be farming in zones from the wrong expansion.  All of my 69s and my first 70 were obtained through single group encounters, be it Nobles Causeway, Walls of Slaughter, or Riftseekers Sanctum.  It was only last night that I received my first ever raid level-70 spell while clearing Riftseekers.

These are (currently) the very last two levels you'll gain, so there should be a bit of effort involved in obtaining them.  Even many pieces of Beast Tamers armor requires drops from single group mobs.

Your role as a beastlord dosen't change if you don't get the 69 and 70 spells.  They are simply improved version of existing spells that we've had for some time.

To address the final point, if you can live without armor, then you are really doing yourself, and those you group with, a terrible disservice. We do a lot of everything, don't focus on the finger wiggling and ignore the other aspects of our great class.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Grbage

Quote from: rizz on March 18, 2005, 06:51:57 PM
I suspect everyone that says they can't get 69 and 70 spells, because they aren't raiding, must be farming in zones from the wrong expansion. 

Lets see, I am about 10% from dinging 70. Spent a lot of time in NC, WoS, MPG, RCoD killing named and have seen exactly 5 greaters drop (I actually got one  :-D) and I have not seen a single glowing drop. Most casual or low tier guilds can not single group RSS for the 69/70 there and RSS is definatly a bring your own group zone. BTW I am trying to talk my guild into taking small raid forces into RSS for upgrades, none of our tanks are up for tanking it with just one group.

Beast tamer armor is a good upgrade for my level of gearing in most slots. Spent a couple of hours at Nwall in WoS the other night with no other groups in zone. Names were spawning all over the place while we pulled like mad. Got 7 runes (66-68), 6plate class pieces, 4int caster drops, 2chain drops, 1bst earring and one whopping tier 1 drop (for feet). Come on, increase the drop rate. Each class needs to fill something like 7 slots, at this rate it will never happen. Yes, tier 1 is an upgrade to what most of us wear in my guild.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Karve

rizz, you comments are valid, however not being geared appropriately for 1 group RSS , it makes things somewhat tricky.

As a casual gamer, with no raiding I'm hoping for alternative ways of advancing. My ear isnt shabby by any means, probably  off limits to lots of other casual gamers, but  I have to live without raid level gear and theres where the problem becomes catch 22.

Our guild has tried several of these "1 group " scenarios, all of which ended in 6 x  rezzes... we arent geared up enough for it, and have no way of committing enough time to EQ to achieve full raid gear.  This is why I'd like to see Quest added back into the game of EQ.

Would you do RSS with only 1/3 of your gear on ?

Professional Mad Bastard.

Bengali

Quote from: Knodey on March 16, 2005, 03:26:35 PM
you speak of buffing agi . alot are at max stats , and were hoping that the new shammy spells would increase the AGI stats, i don't see why it doesn't , they get more stam/str/dex , but AGI doesn't get bumped up too??

It's because they got a buff that directly increases avoidance instead, which is more effective than additional agility.  I think the system is inherently busted or something such that adding more agility beyond the current caps would basically do nothing.

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

Bengali

Quote from: Karve on March 20, 2005, 12:39:43 AM
rizz, you comments are valid, however not being geared appropriately for 1 group RSS , it makes things somewhat tricky.

As a casual gamer, with no raiding I'm hoping for alternative ways of advancing. My ear isnt shabby by any means, probably  off limits to lots of other casual gamers, but  I have to live without raid level gear and theres where the problem becomes catch 22.

Our guild has tried several of these "1 group " scenarios, all of which ended in 6 x  rezzes... we arent geared up enough for it, and have no way of committing enough time to EQ to achieve full raid gear.  This is why I'd like to see Quest added back into the game of EQ.

Would you do RSS with only 1/3 of your gear on ?

You should go back and try again.  A lot of deaths occur in RSS as you get used to it.  Eventually people adjust.  I see people with zero raid gear (because they aren't in raid guilds) in RSS just about every time I go there.  Your gear is sufficient to be able to kill the named there, assuming you are going with other people with the same level of gear.  There's still some room for improvement (epic offhand ratio is behind the curve -- you can make up the 4% haste difference with a significantly better ratio).  A cultural BP will be an upgrade to your current one, and possibly to your bracer but don't quote me on that.

Anyway, RSS isn't the only place for 70 runes, it's just the place with the best drop rate.  MPG can drop them too, both in the trials (some of those are pretty tough though) and from the regular named there, which are easier than the RSS named.

Grbage

69/70 runes may drop off of MPG named but you couldnt prove it by what I've seen. In all the time I've spent in MPG seen 1 greater drop and that is it(pre and post drop rate changes). Never seen any drop in RCoD either. There are many mini raid targets that are fairly easy to take out that drop the 69/70 runes. Only been lucky enough to win one of those.

Also, if you are not geared up to take on RSS with a single group. Think about forming a 2-3 group raid for farming purposes and forget about trying to xp there.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Bengali

I think the named that are deeper into MPG have a better chance of dropping the 69/70 runes, but that is just my unscientific observation.  I got my first 70 rune from a named aneuk in MPG (Aneuk Tyrannist, I believe), and most of my 69s there from named mobs that I honestly can't remember because no one camps them.  It seems on my server that people tend to camp Blind Hunter/Taskfiend/Odiumate/Miseryfiend and that's it.

Klahw

Not to sound harsh but just because RSS is hard, doesn't mean it is un-doable.  If your gear isn't up to par, farm zones where there are drops for upgrades.  DoN has some decent items in it.  I'm in a raid guild that is EP level (we're pushing to Time) and I don't think anything trivializes RSS encounters other than experience.  It's just a matter of taking your lumps, absorbing a few deaths and then getting the hang of it.

I've gone with a group of mostly EP geared people and we wiped a couple times getting set up.  Once we got our groove, things were ok.  I think that will hold true for everyone.  Besides, farming WoS. MC and MPG for runes will also net you upgrades and XP that will make it easier when you do venture back into RSS.

I'd love for greater and glowing runes to drop more often but I'll enjoy the AAXP while I'm farming them.
Klahw

a Torv refugee

Shayloch

I don't know if anyone has stated this or not, but make pet focus effects clickies on the items. Sometimes you end up getting better gear without the pet focus and you forget to put on your item to summon your pet so you have to kill it or bag it and make a new one. Just think clickies would be better

Sharrien

lol, holding my GM brewer's corker with DPoC aug while summoning my warder to so programmed into me by now that I look for it before calling my dog in from the yard.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Klahw

I have a "Pet" bandolier hotkey. I log on and hit it, then summon.
Klahw

a Torv refugee