Main Menu

Got ideas?

Started by Tastian, September 23, 2004, 09:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharrien

That's a damn nice bit of advice.  No idea why it never occured to me before to use the bandolier to equip my focus item.

Thanks!!
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Shayloch

Bandolier would work for me, but seeing how my focus is on my boots...yah. All I can do is try to get into habbit of putting on boots every time i ned to summon  :|

Jurayn

This is not Beastlord specific, but I'd like to see the "Return Home" option be available after server crashes.  Entire server crashes are pretty rare today, but with the Return Home option already programmed, I think it should be available so that our only option isn't to log into to a fully respawned zone to get slaughtered and look for a rez. 

- Juraynx Neutered - Stromm
-Jurayn Neutered Vah Shir Feral Lord - Lanys

Shieara

I've been thinking about a new pet command.  Lets call it, /pet stand or something.

Way it would work is this...when you type /pet stand it is a toggle.  The pet will stand in place like you had hit /pet guard.  However, when you tell your pet to attack mob x the pet doesn't actually move, and only attacks while the mob is in range.  He stays in the /pet stand position until told otherwise.  If the mob is in range he will attack it, otherwise he will just stand there like a statue.  This could be combined with /pet focus to make him attack a specific mob only when it is in range.  I think this maybe would help with the push issue...I dunno.  I'm sure it would need refinement, or maybe wouldn't be useful at all, but it's been rattling around in my head for a bit   :lol:

Skratz

Here is one thing I would really like to see done. 
Lower the reuse timer on our AA - Roar of Thunder.[/b]
Not all beasts want to keep aggro all the time.  Lowering it to say 2.5 min would give us a chance to lower aggro every few mobs when we overaggro.  Monks got a 30 second 1200dd that can crit 2400.  Thats 40 dps(non-crit) added to their regular.  lowering roar would not even be that much of a dps increase, but could help the average bst out by dropping aggro after a few resisted slows since lots are finding it hard to obtain new slow.
Or maybe lower it to 2 min, but decrease the damage to 400/800/1200, but keep the same hate decrease.  This would solve people getting mad about getting too much aggro from dots, and people that want aggro can use the abil only when mob is fleeing and keep the aggro. Would give the non-tank beast the ability to slow, dot, then drop aggro back to the tank.

my 2cp thanks for readin.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Skratz

Also going back to the dislike of the new Fero.  To make it not a pointless spell... possibly add more resists and make the sta go overcap?

Nusa

It's not completely pointless. Memming both copies of fero lets me keep 4 people feroed without stressing over the recast times. And if the new DoN spell hadn't come along to use up my mana, I'd probably be feroing 6 people in raids.

Raedwolf

Not quite sure where to put this anymore, as I can't find a Top 10 List for May yet. However, what I would like to see is if we've gotten any feedback on the possibility of a change to our Growl line. It was a great thing for SOE to give us; the ability to do a bit more semi-sustained damage and/or to step up and take a few more hits to hopefully allow our group or raid to survive an encounter is outstanding! One of the things I love about the beastlord class is the ability to be a "Swiss Army Knife" of sorts, where I can be decent DPS, but also slow somewhat if necessary (or initially), heal a bit if necessary, et cetera. Sure, we're not great at any one thing, but we can turn the tide of battle. I enjoy trying to figure out what we need more of, and being able to supply it, even if only as a stop-gap. But I digress.
  While the Growl spells are wonderful tools in our toolbox, as the effect on ourself is a recourse, and not the spell itself, if our warder dies, so does our ability to use it. No other class has this same penalty on their DoN spell lines; why do we? Over and over, you can read how we have very little ability to sustain our warders at times, particularly in quite a number of raid encounters. In fact, I've read many accounts where it is stated that beastlords don't use their warders for some raids because they go down so fast. Yes, we have Mend Companion; great tool, but far too long of a re-use time to make it practical for some raid application, particularly those where the mob AE rampages or has a high-damage AE DD or DoT. We have our pet heals, but as has been stated many times over the years, the casting time is so slow as to make it fairly impractical to use. Our healers cannot easily target our warders to help keep them alive; when you compare the cost of keeping a warder alive, or keeping a player alive, versus the benefits of both, it becomes an obvious choice for the healer - keep the player alive. And once again, the warder dies; along with it, the ability granted us to aid our group/raid.
  We also have the Calliav/Feral Guard series to help keep our warders alive, but as is easily seen, their use is quite impractical. The spells allow the warder to shrug off up to 4 melee attacks or spells. Considering that most mobs you fight at level 69 quad, and that most raid mobs have multiple AE attacks available, the practicality of using this spell line is exceedingly negligible. Most beastlords I know have either never used this spell, or have tried it a couple of times and discarded it to the back of their spellbook.
  Yes, there are many ways to help alleviate the issue here with our unique inability to use our DoN spells. However, rather than have to try to tweak our pet heals, regular heals, et cetera, why not choose the simpler solution of making the Growl series cast on us, with the recourse on the pet, vice the way it is now?
  Tastian, any feedback?

Raedwolf
Wildcaller
Officer, Immortalis Kruoris

Oiingo

The healing situation is being addressed in today's patch; they are reducing the cast time and improving the base heal amount on all pet heal spells.

As for the pet rune, why not use it?  It's great against targets that use AE spells, rampage or enrage.  It gives you just enough time to back your pet up and let it regen or be healed.

I can't speak for everyone, but I know a lot of beastlords that are quite happy over some of the recent changes and additions, and it's certainly making my pet live longer against more difficult encounters.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Raedwolf

Quote from: rizz on May 11, 2005, 04:52:58 PMI can't speak for everyone, but I know a lot of beastlords that are quite happy over some of the recent changes and additions, and it's certainly making my pet live longer against more difficult encounters.

I wasn't saying that I wasn't happy with the recent changes; in fact, I have been quite happy about them. My biggest concern was the fact that we lost our DoN spell series when our warder died. After seeing the changes going live today, I hope to soon be eating some crow!  :wink:

I would still like to see the Growl series be cast on us, with the recourse on our warders, though.

As for the Feral Guard line, maybe I'll go ahead and get that 9th spell gem and keep it there; see how I like it. Thanks for the feedback, Rizz!

Raedwolf
Wildcaller
Officer, Immortalis Kruoris

Skratz

I would also vote for casting on us with recourse to warders.

sierf

they want us to have to have our warders up to use the spell. they have said so numerous times and they are not going to change it.
Sierf
Son of Cazic

sierf

something i would love to happen is being able to see armor on pets. then i could buy or make cheap armor and dye it and have a very fashionable killing machine with me. heh i think it'd be fun to see the look on a mob's face as my warder charges at them covered in crimson chainmail/plate. or they could let me dye my warder.  lol i just don't think my warder's looks are a  reflection of how he feels inside. he feels like a bad@$$ and he should look that way. would have been nice if we could have chosen different colored warders
i know that if this could be done, it wouldn't be done soon. I'm just putting it out there. grinding is boring and i like cookies. like the ability to use my warder like mages use eye of zoom.
Sierf
Son of Cazic

Skratz

That would be SWEET spell. Like vision shift to pet, and you actually can see through your warder's eyes for a minute and run him around(unaggro'd)

Klahw

A few things I'd like to see:

1. Re-cast time on Beastial Alignment lowered from 1:12:00 to maybe 00:15:00 like the similar ranger ability.  Almost anything to make it more useful.
2. Like was mentioned earlier, decrease the cast time on Roar.  Even dropping it to 00:10:00 instead of 00:15:00 would give us a bit of a dps boost (not major I know).
3. At least another level of Bestial Fury AAs so we can increase our ability to double attack (like Advanced BF with levels 1 - 5, giving us an additional 3% per level).
4. Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery
5. Have our warders disc when we do, with the same benefits.
6. Some form of Ward like Rangers, Shaman and Druid get (other classes do as well).  Maybe a stationary paragon?

Just some observations from the last few weeks.
Klahw

a Torv refugee