Main Menu

Got ideas?

Started by Tastian, September 23, 2004, 09:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eflynn

Guess I've had the same ideas as many others:

- give beasties a spell (or spell line) so we can turn into our warders, more than just an illusion, like rangers, druids, and shammies .... give some atk or run speed maybe and double attack or damage mod

- never thought of the ability to send warders out like stalking probes ... but I like it!

- group haste and Sow are both long overdue (as well as IoS ... but at least we got a group Focus)

- warders NEED to have run speed factored into summon or just give then perma SoW

- new warder models are LONG overdue also, although they've been announced as coming down the line, they still aren't around.  1 thing changing the troll warder did was polarize those who liked the old model and those that didn't ..... maybe while putting new models in place they could give us a way off choosing between 2 or 3 different models - furthering the character customization, even if it's only different colors.

- oh .... and do something with the higher spells in the Fero line ... why not add a line for overcapping STA ..... otherwise that part is basically worthless

Mewzee

Quote from: Eflynn on December 09, 2006, 07:27:12 PM

- give beasties a spell (or spell line) so we can turn into our warders, more than just an illusion, like rangers, druids, and shammies .... give some atk or run speed maybe and double attack or damage mod

- never thought of the ability to send warders out like stalking probes ... but I like it!

- group haste and Sow are both long overdue (as well as IoS ... but at least we got a group Focus)

- warders NEED to have run speed factored into summon or just give then perma SoW

- new warder models are LONG overdue also, although they've been announced as coming down the line, they still aren't around.  1 thing changing the troll warder did was polarize those who liked the old model and those that didn't ..... maybe while putting new models in place they could give us a way off choosing between 2 or 3 different models - furthering the character customization, even if it's only different colors.

- oh .... and do something with the higher spells in the Fero line ... why not add a line for overcapping STA ..... otherwise that part is basically worthless

I agree with a majority of all the above suggestions...

I especially love the idea for illusions for beastlords, I had thought of that one myself a long time ago but never posted or talked about it, just wished it in my mind lol...

The idea of sending my pet to "search" for mobs and check out areas to pull and be like an eye of zomm type deal...damn ..never thought of it..and I like the idea very much that would be cool!

New pet models and being allowed to CHOOSE and even CHANGE your warder into IMHO ANY OF THE WARDERS that are available just like we can change our fur/face (vah shir along with all other races) would be super cool.

Another really cool idea would be if specific quests (that can be soloable for bsts only) could be to "collect" new warder graphics by "capturing" these new warders, that would be MAJOR COOL and something FUN for the class itself to do, and add the above customization of being able to pick your warder/change what your warder looks like, whenever the heck you want. That would definately make things DIFFERENT. A Vah Shir Beastlord with a wolf pet...or a Iksar Beastlord with a Bear pet ect...

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Kitathia

Quote from: Mewzee on January 20, 2007, 06:21:21 AM

Another really cool idea would be if specific quests (that can be soloable for bsts only) could be to "collect" new warder graphics by "capturing" these new warders, that would be MAJOR COOL and something FUN for the class itself to do, and add the above customization of being able to pick your warder/change what your warder looks like, whenever the heck you want. That would definately make things DIFFERENT. A Vah Shir Beastlord with a wolf pet...or a Iksar Beastlord with a Bear pet ect...

I like that! What I would love to have is an Ice Tiger from the Pit in Valdeholm.. JUST not the size of a Mac truck! And making it a quest ( soloable though) would rock.

Also I'd like a self-only proc a little like the procs we can cast on the pets. Maybe DD/stun kinda proc.
( Clerics got the heal/DD proc so why not bst?) *wink*

Group haste would be nice.

Take Steeltrap Jaws away and give us a slow comparable to the proc on the spell... Just not as useless.. please

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Spiritclaw

It seems like beasts are the only ones without a self proc at this point  :-P.  Rangers, pallies, clerics, bards, shammies, necros all have them at the very least through self buffs.  I know there is PoT clicky (that I have yet to win) that can give a self proc, but come on, this is rediculous.  Non pet classes get swarm pets before us, and the only procs we get are pet procs or weapon procs.
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Kanan

oh, that ultra rare time clicky.. you really dun want it honestly.. unless you like dying due to stun agro :)  That proc is a stun proc.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Blarp

Stun 4TW more the mob stuned the less he he beat on us the more likey we are to kill it faster =-P i ahve offten wanted the Potime clicky or even the VT one its free dps and if you dont want free dps then your a fool!.

Spiritclaw

As I solo alot or play tank to a mage and/or necro group, stun procs are actually a good thing.  When in WoS I have had a mob stun locked from warder and 1 air pet for a good time while I beat on it without getting hit.  That really rocks, just beat away without getting beat on  :evil:.
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Mewzee

I have the POT clicky, its a poison proc btw and yes it has stun, i hold aggro perfectly fine with it when I am the tank in some grouping situations. But a spell line would kick ass.

Timberghost

Quote from: Eflynn on December 09, 2006, 07:27:12 PM

They actually do this in EQ2.  No beasties there (every other class but no beasties), but other classes get the illusion to turn into our tiger warders.

Mewzee

QuoteBite of the Empress - this is a new line for Beasts. We are getting a Poison Nuke. it is 2494 damage but at a 758 mana cost. It is a .5 sec cast with a 30 sec refresh.  I got crits of 4998 with a fellow Bst with DK Poison focus getting 7k crits. This is Nice IMO.

The above spell example and new line being introduced by TBS.. I had the same idea a few months ago but I forgot it and forgot to post it, also to tell the truth I wasn't too sure if the devs would be keen on us stealing SK poison nukes...but seems I was wrong.

Anyway the idea is simple, all of our current dots for poison and disease, should be poison and disease nukes, being .5 seconds to cast and 30 sec refresh. Damage probably needs to be modified and scaled in previous spells to be comparable to this spell in TBS. But that would definately be much nicer than having useless DOT spells.

Mewzee

Aura of Spirit type of idea -

why don't we have a new AA ability line that is connected to our Paragon line. This brand new line called Wild Spirit can give beastlords an innate ability to have our AoS/Purrfection give the raid the chance to be able to "critical heal" themselves with either mana or hp while they're in combat mode aka meleeing or casting spells on others/NPCs...make it be in three ranks, the first rank gives you a 5% chance of these crit heals for mana or hp being able to happen, the 2nd and 3rd ranks give an innate 1% gain, being a total of 7% chance for this to happen to the raid, ourselves when we solo, or groups. Of course this will only affect the Paragon line not other healing spells, and it will depend on beastlords using the paragon ability which will retain its 15min refresh timer, and MGB with its 1hour timer.

The way I'm thinking for it to work is like this, AEs are hitting the raid, MGB Heals are thrown, Beastlord throws MGB AOS with new innate ability Wild Spirit, group #1 is being healed normally by AoS with normal hp/mana return, all the sudden 1 person in group #1 crit heals themselves 2300 mana return with a nuke, once a person crit heals themselves for mana or hp perhaps have AoS stop healing that particular person(?) or let AoS continue to heal normally after the crit. Another example: person in group #5 crit heals themselves for 1000 hps. The minum and maximum mana/hp return can range from at least 100 mana/hp to 5k being the max amount of crit heal or mana(?). And of course this will happen rarely, but still theres a chance for it to occur.

Maybe this new type of line ability is the way to give us utility back to the raid without scaling Paragon line and by making this random to happen it wouldn't be considered overpowering. So what do you think? btw percentss, numbers ect can all be played around with - these are just made up examples i gave trying to explain my idea and to find the most decent way we can gain utility and have something that can be considered somewhat useful and interesting for the raid to use again.

Also new spell request -

Feral Cloak - Beastlord self only TIMED Invis - 3 second casting time, 30 second refresh - 200 mana (?) OR Make it an AA ability to buy for 9 AAs, and make it instant cast like Druid Camo invis.

Tigrah

I like the idea of being able to change our warders appearance. have had that idea for months now. even suggested it somewhere... nothing come of it yet. I really like the quest idea to 'unlock' new warder skins. I thought it would have been cool if the Bestial empathy/batm line would have turned out to summon more creatures in the likness of our warders much like the bestial alignment aa.

I also thought that it would have been nice if SoE had continued the growl line for us, and maybe throwing in a pet recourse proc buff would not be unfitting since bsts are like the only class to have real pet recourse spells? It wouldn't be too unreasonable for us to have pet recourse haste (that gives the bst a maybe 50-60% haste), and pet recourse procs so we can proc at least a depleated version would it?
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

lehan

I think theres a lot of good suggesstions from previous postings.

Class Specific for Beastlords (wish list):

1. Make graphic for when pet wears armour (i.e. dog collar, plate BP, etc.)
2. It would be nice to have a illusion for the beastlord class (i.e. werewolf for barbarians, Werebears for Ogres, (head/face design similar to the barbarian armour but look better) I think it would be cool to have and increase dps or increase regen, aviodance to go with it). Think about a head of a wolf but body of a man or its class specific.
3. AA invis
4. it would be an idea for the next epic progression to have an augment epic that allows us to summon additional pets.... I.e. like the claws that summon bsty claws , but like the epic that comes from plane of earth for rangers which spawn wolfs.
5. AA animal track or track featrue for the beastlord. Call it the scent of the hunter.... Sort like beastlord take on the keen sense of there warders and track the thier prey. Make it only work if our pets are up!!!!
6. need more titles for those beastlord who have maxxed all thier AAs
7. An AA that increase the probably of summon extra pets when it comes to casting "Bark at the Moon II"
8. for the love of God an AA that allows us to do extra hits with 2hd weapons (i.e. like punishing blade etc.)
9. Pet aa that that allows you to dictate where your pets attacks the mob from. I.e. pet push seems to be very disturbing on raids and so forth.
10. You know if track is too much of a class conflict..... allow beastlords to control our pets and have us be able to cast assidious visiion on our pets to scout zones.
11. a better blind spell with lower resistance.
12. group haste

General Class specifics:
1. new title for those who do Leader AA (i.e. tactian, general, commander)
2. General AA that allow us to focus on certain innate abilites. (i.e. raise HP, stamina, manna with aa points.) for example 2 AA = 5 hp and make it unlimited. Alot of veteran players max on AA and loose focus becuase you can take your character any further in Gear or AA or Game. Besides it would allow non raiding pepple to equal in ability and not depend on gear as much and still allow them to play without depending on raiding guild.
3. It would be nice to have a punch dummy to measure our dps for all members. Have to so you can sleect certain NPCs to measure DPS and have it set to timer.
4. More audio commands (i.e. Cure, Buffs,)
5. More personnalization of character models
6. Weapon augments that add graphical effects

Chett

How bout my pet in PvP hitting a 15k+ geared toon for more than 22pts dmg maybe a quarter of the time?  Sorry but when I'm out soloing and some freak comes outta nowhere it would be nice to make a class what its worth....GEEZ.
Chett Errcheese
75 BST of Sullon Zek
<Ascending Dawn>