Main Menu

hate Maidens eye

Started by Choppin, September 23, 2004, 11:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choppin

hours upon hours clearing a 12 min spawn, to have a named roughle once per 5 hours ...  to have to drop nothing, and again nothing...  hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Ukator Iceblood

Aren't we lucky, ME sharding 2.0
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

JillieMT

Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

BloodCelt

I lived in maidens eye for almost two damned weeks before a shard dropped for me.  I swear I could hear those damned little aliens gibbering in my sleep for weeks.  Not to mention how much I came to hate seeing the any giant red ape with the word -scout- in its name.

BC
(Still frigging trying to get Fungus Grove shard to drop)
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Dorrogtr T`A

Don't be hatin' ME  :roll:

Furrf

Hour #16, and counting. Named #8, Essence - 0

Compared to..
The Grey shard, 23 hours @ Lv61
Maiden's Eye shard, 24 hours altogether @ Lv65
Sanctas Seru, 4 hours (after 2 guildies got 2 shards within 5 mins) @ lv65
-
Recently:
2 Drogmor essence eaten. 3 hours each
15 deaths from epic. 10 undings altogether. 4% lv70 lost (90% rez).
4 summon corpses in CT. Costing about 400pp a summon (hard to find people to summon at 4am)

Yes. I love this quest.

TheOriginalGronker

In ME, I was getting 1 named/1.5 hours roughly.  Dropped from 3rd named so hardly a vast amount of stats there.  This is nothing compared to old epics, even those that are camping for 10+ hours.  The worst is yet to come, when all the BSTs finally wake up after rune farming and levelling to 70 to start waiting in line for the various bottlenecks here.

Eatbugs

Sure, it's a rare drop off a rare spawn.  That's in line with previous epics, (Well, not our original epic before the Grimling Forest changes, but then our original epic was the easiest in the game) and certainly not out of line for a time-level weapon quest.

Of course, I was extremely lucky with the ME drop - I might feel differently if I'd spent 30 hours camping it.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Furrf

Hour #31, zero luck. Help =)

Furrf

Updated. 35 hours, FINALLY.

Gremkin

So how much will you hate me when the beast spawned for me on the third cycle and dropped the essence?
Elder Gremkin Quickclaw - Wildblood of Stromm (Retired)

Moffett

Quote from: GremkinSo how much will you hate me when the beast spawned for me on the third cycle and dropped the essence?

The RNG is like kharma, what goes around comes around.

Kashmiir Battlekat

I am praying Sony fixes this crap. When will they learn that you dont put a rare drop on a rare mob. Its simply not fair to anyone involved. I dont care if you are an unemployed, welfare wastoid of life sitting around in your ketchup stained wife beater swilling a Diet Pepsi playing Everquest 19 hours per day 7 days per week or a self-employed hard working person who plays Everquest 12 hours per week. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS CAMP. IT IS SIMPLY SADISTIC TO DO THIS TO US.

/rude Sony.

DontPetBear

I was under the impression they had increased the drop rate of this item.  Only reason i finally went there to camp it.  Cleared once, named popped, I died.  Tried pulling and kiting along the SE corner.  Bad idea, kept getting adds from somewhere and they beat me down.  

Next try I pulled to UP zoneline and luckily he was last mob heading back.  Took awhile to kite him down.  Went oom at around 45%.  Some kind soul healed me and i got to tank him for a bit and regen a little mana.  The good thing is he actually dropped it.  Was a little bit surprised...and happy hehe.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Oneiromancer

They are going to up the drop rate, my assumption was that it wouldn't be until the patch on the 13th.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired