Main Menu

Epic Completed

Started by Bananea, September 24, 2004, 05:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerjynPovar

If the monks are truly whining about Ratio, trade with them straight up, because 21/18 + 1 is a better DPS weapon than 26/22 +2.

If it's just a whine about the fact that they want 1H Blunt and we got it, that's different.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Bengali

Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Aubre

Gratz :) Makes me proud to be on lanys :)
Predator Aubre Tigre
Wildblood of Mithril Web
Lanys T'vyl Server

mythral

in the mainhand maybe yea, but otherwise how is 21+1/18 better than 26+2/22?

rule of thumb has always been you count the elemental damage by dividing it by half and then adding it to base weapon damage.

21.5/18 = 1.19

27/22 = 1.22

now the difference in ratio is pretty miniscule, and the faster delay on monk weapon definatly makes it a better main hand weapon.

im not sure on offhand since i think i read somewhere that the damage bonus in offhand with sinister strikes is one for every 7 delay, in which case we'd get an extra point in offhand damage bonus.

it does seem like we got the better overall weapon, but the difference is so minor it shouldnt really matter much.

Eatbugs

Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Argach

Gratz! Looks better than I thought it would.

TerjynPovar

Quote from: mythralin the mainhand maybe yea, but otherwise how is 21+1/18 better than 26+2/22?

rule of thumb has always been you count the elemental damage by dividing it by half and then adding it to base weapon damage.

21.5/18 = 1.19

27/22 = 1.22

now the difference in ratio is pretty miniscule, and the faster delay on monk weapon definatly makes it a better main hand weapon.

im not sure on offhand since i think i read somewhere that the damage bonus in offhand with sinister strikes is one for every 7 delay, in which case we'd get an extra point in offhand damage bonus.

it does seem like we got the better overall weapon, but the difference is so minor it shouldnt really matter much.

Hmm, well you got me there, I was only thinking in terms of a primary hand weapon.  Offhand you are correct, the Beastlord weapon is likely more damaging.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Drakah

Grats!!

Now spill the beans plz :)
Regards,

Brian K Haines
Drakah - shakahr.com

Graace

Still kinda disappointed in the effect.  The proc stacking etc is all well and good.  My main question is how much benefet is the pet really gaining dpswise in that once every 10 minute click?  I think it would have been better off doing a "bond of the wild" effect where the pet got the added proc and we got a recourse that added the other effects to us for that 1 minute.  That way we get a much better bang for the buck.
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

Klahw

Klahw

a Torv refugee

Smudmack

Jaeren

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Jagarr

WOOT Congrats Bananea. Im Glad that Lanys was the first woot .
Great work. Now to get my butt in gear and finish it  :D
Guild Leader of Dragons Alliance
Lany Tv'yl Server
Jagarr Battlecat Jag's Gear
Ganan Sinanju Ganan's Gear
Kebra Spiritsage Kebra's Gear

CillianFV

When in doubt, I break out Coprolith's trusty spreadsheet. :D

Here's a fair comparison.  In the main hand, me wielding:

BST Epic = 45.18 dps
MNK Epic = 45.93 dps

In the off hand:

BST Epic = 34.24 dps
MNK Epic = 33.33 dps

Shock horror!  SOE balanced the epics on dps like they said they would!  What can they complain about now?  Quick, find something!

P.S. No rude comments about how crap my dps is please. :wink:
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Koullyn

I am sticking my tongue out at those ppl I told it was gonna be 1hb and they said I was stupid. Gratz all you guys posting in the channel today that you got yours.
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net