Main Menu

Pet DPS?

Started by Mortan, January 06, 2004, 02:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mortan

I saw the chart in the Libarary about how much our pets bite/bash for. But I know that dosen't tell the whole story of Pet DPS. I know there are a ton of factors involved that can make dramatic changes on there damage output. Assuming your attacking a typical PoV or BoT mob:

Unbuffed DPS?

Self Buffed DPS?

Add Mage Toys?

Add best buffs from every class(i.e. Shaman)?

%DPS increase from attacking from behind?

~%DPS increase from focus items?

What other factors could I add to further increase pet DPS?

Probably been answered before in multiple places...but just trying to get the topic count up in here :) I'm not realy looking for exact numbers, just rough estimates.

Anonymous

I typically just self buff my pet with IoS, Kragg, SStr, Dex, Str, Haste and Rellic (and I have LDoN pet augment). No mage items, shaman buffs, etc. Oh, and I am level 65, with the level 64 pet.

Last night in PoS farming Giants for parts, my pet did between 55-65dps, not counting bashes or procs. Some were from behind, some from in front (hard to control with all the melees pushing the mobs around). For the entire night (3+ hours), my pet's dps was 58 (again not counting procs or bashes).

While we were wrapping up, haste and Rellec dropped, so I figured I would just let her fight the last one or two without either (ended up being 7 lol). Her dps dropped to the 25-30 range (same rules), but avg dps for the entire night was still 58.

I know this is not very specific, but I log all my sessions, and review them almost each night before I shut down. This lets me see good and bad nights, and get a good feel for my overall dps. My take would be 25+ dps unbuffed / 55+ dps fully self buffed. I do not think the LDoN augment adds any dps, and I also do not think it helps tanking. The only thing I see good about the augment is the 5%+ hp regen when not fighting.

Nonposter

Bah, the guest post above was from me.

You are better at posting to messageboards (1)
- nonposter

Deaddragoxo

actually i usually buff my warder more than me for some reason, i guess because if i need him to tank he can do that so i dont waste full buffing myself. Though im 43 and i just mainly do haste, proc, dex, and stam on pet at the least.

bugman

learned a hard lesson the other day, against one of the TVXs in VT pet did 18dps with no haste ><

otherwise for VT nameds (only thing i parse anymore really cuz they're long) pet usually around 40-45
~Bugman - Venril Sathir