Main Menu

Pet HoT spell?

Started by Braedan_VZ, September 24, 2004, 07:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braedan_VZ

Don't know if it's been suggested but just thinking that hot's usually have quicker cast times (maybe due to possibility of dieing before it runs the full course)
and thought maybe we should ask for that as our new pet heal.

Quezic Grahl

I don't keep a pet heal memmed...ever.  Cast time makes it useless.  If I've used mend companion already, then it's just gonna die unless a cleric or somebody heals it.  Even if I did want to cast a heal on pet, I'd use the L67 heal with a 3 second cast time.  With healing AA's it's reasonably effective.

Either way, it sucks.  Pet will be dead before the big heal lands, or other heals don't heal enough to save it.  So HoT heals sound good to me.  Probably wouldn't make much difference though, pet health drops like a rock when it tanks tougher mobs (64 pet at least, dunno about the new ones yet).  HoT would need to be like 1200 per tick, pet only of course.

janabell

with the new  67 heal im getting 809 hp heal out of it  cast time about 2.5 sec with just aa's thats better then any pet heal we have right now, i try and keep that up full time.
Janabell 75 Beast Lord
Guild Member of Iratus Lepus