Main Menu

After Completing 1.5

Started by Yzak, September 24, 2004, 07:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yzak

After turning in piece from Erena Farrel to recieve Epic 1.5.

Elder Animist Muada says 'I am honored to have had the opportunity to observe you -- a feral champion for the ills that have befallen our kind.  You have certianly made your name known among us.  While the spirit world is not freed from danger, it is much more promising with all that you've done.  Take this token of our appreciation.  It may appear to be too much right now, but it will be very important should you [wish to continue to walk among the elders] of the lords and beasts.'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:22 2004] You say, 'wish to continue to walk among the elders'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:22 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'So eager to improve yourself, hm?  This is encouraging indeed.  You must understand that the path from here on out is full of brambles and you will need to acquire great knowledge of the spirit of the warder that you control.  There is still much that you do not [know].'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:24 2004] You say, 'know'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:25 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'The terrible fate of the spirits in Discord is not over it seems.  While we set back the efforts of that dark animist of that realm, it has simply recreated itself and once again threatens the spirits of our warders.  We are [learning] more, however.'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:32 2004] You say, 'learning'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:32 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'I'm sure you recall the totem you found on that animist.  Well, we have studied it in great detail and we need to create a counterpart to it.  This requires a great deal of skill and may take some time to complete.  This is not a [task] you will be able to fulfill on your own, so you may consider amassing a group of Norrathians that might be willing to help the conservation of the beastlords.'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:48 2004] You say, 'task'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:49 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'You must create a totem that is bound to the wild spirits as well as your own. At one time in their lives, each elder has had one.  We used it to focus the power of our warders to make them stronger and to bond them to our own spirits.  It is time for you to take on this labor of life, now that you are well on the path to becoming one with the elders.  Are you [prepared] to do this?'
[Fri Sep 24 14:41:00 2004] You say, 'i am prepared'
[Fri Sep 24 14:41:00 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'This is good news.  I had no doubt you were ready.  First, take this piece of wood.  It is the first item you will need in creating your totem.  It is a unique piece of wood and one of few that has been collected by the elders.  Keep it with you.  Now, there are several other [things] you will need to find as part of this journey.'
[Fri Sep 24 14:41:11 2004] You say, 'things'
[Fri Sep 24 14:41:11 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'There is a creature of dark repute in a realm of winds that holds clay made malleable with magic.  Once the shape of a beast is made with it, it can aid us to summon those forms from the wild.  We have found a way to refine it to help us summon the strongest and most loyal warders.  [There is more] too.'
[Fri Sep 24 14:41:42 2004] You say, 'there is more'
[Fri Sep 24 14:41:42 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'A somewhat peaceful, if not fickle sort, nearby one of our dearest elders in a forest has been touched by the seeping of Discord into Norrath. It has become quite sickly with a dark magic and it has caused it to become extremely violent and seeking blood. Our elder, someone you know, escaped its power and wrath once, but you must help. This creature carries a magical blood which we will use for your totem to honor the lost wild spirits this creature consumed. I understand this creature was strengthened by taking the life of a noble and ancient wolf of our [world].'
[Fri Sep 24 14:42:09 2004] You say, 'world'
[Fri Sep 24 14:42:10 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'I suppose many worlds have strife, but Norrath is in grave danger and folk all over argue and bicker like never before.  To this day, the Vah Shir have been battling with the grimlings.  Many beastlords have helped Scout Husman in the past, but something has changed and not just any beastlord can overcome this new [problem].'
[Fri Sep 24 14:42:17 2004] You say, 'problem'
[Fri Sep 24 14:42:17 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'You may need companions to aid you, which will test your strengths as a leader and a true lord of beasts. Tell Scout Husman you wish to end the great threat in the Grimling Forest and he will brief you. There are two pieces worn about the necks of as many grimlings. We need those trinkets and they will be difficult to obtain. The two brother grimlings have strengthened beyond our control and are powerful with the help of magic of the wilds. We need the precious metal and magic held in their trinkets and to end their threat. When you have these items, you must return to me at once and tell me that you wish to [make the totem]. Good luck, fair feral one.'

You Recieve
[Fri Sep 24 14:47:06 2004] You say, 'Peculiar Unshapen Piece of Wood'
Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr

Giledorm

Interesting.  Seems that block of mud from the Plane of Air wasn't so useless afterall. heh
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Raaski Razorclaws

Nice lore, sounds interesting to say the least :). I guess the cats are finally fed up with the grimlings hehe, at least they aren't saying to kill Khati Sha the Twisted...yet lol.

Raaski Razorclaws

QuoteGrimling General: he is not on the list but I ran into him on 9/18/04.  He cons db to level 61, he hits for up to 493, has a 500 point HT and he does summon. The Grimling General spawned while I was killing grimlings with a Dire-Charmed sonic mangler. The mangler barely dented the General's hitpoints. The General can be snared but he resisted root when I tried it. I had to gate so I have no idea what he drops or if he is part of a larger spawn cycle.

QuoteWell ran into this guy my self on 9/18/04 con DB to me at a LVL 66 mage took a while to kill and drop a NO drop medallion what it for no ideal

Quotegrimling colonel: I just met up with the Grimling Colonel. He hits for 500 melee, casts for 500, summons and has about 25K hp (est). Was dark blue to my 62 wizzy, but he (my wizzy) went down in less than 60 seconds. Watch out for this guy. He seems to wander the path near the entrance to AC.  Seems to have normal agro range.

Appears these are the 2 new grimlings you are looking for in Grimling Forest... from post at http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=136.

Giledorm

Curious, though.  Those sound like random rare spawns.  

In previous days, the scout battles had specific spawns that would only occur within that event.  Perhaps the mobs are one in the same, and were released into the wild early as a bug, but then again, they may be part of an unrelated quest.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Raaski Razorclaws

They do sound like random spawns in certain locations, but then again since Scout Husman still does the normal grimling raids maybe he only tells you to find these 2 guys...only time will tell.

And yes I know the grimling raids all too well...did them many times both before and after revamp trying to get Cloak of the Khati Sha Hero among other things.

Aliveer

My tradeskill senses are tingling here...

I'm not 100% sure i like the direction this is going in...
Aliveer Tishar
69 Preditor

Brell Serilis Server
I, on the other hand, am a fully-rounded human being, with a degree from the University of Life, a diploma from the School of Hard Knocks, and three gold stars from the Kindergarten of Getting the Shit Kicked Out of Me.

CillianFV

Quote'You must create a totem that is bound to the wild spirits as well as your own. At one time in their lives, each elder has had one. We used it to focus the power of our warders to make them stronger and to bond them to our own spirits.

Does anyone else think this sounds like we might be making a pet focus item or aug as an interim reward on the way to epic 2.0?
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Bananea

That's what I was thinking...since we asked for a pet focus as part of our epic 2.0, i bet we get one in the middle before the final turn in. Kind of like the Brooch we got.

Fionnah

Is anyone actually working on this?  There is no information here.

I've got the clay from air (still a bit of debate on whether it's BST or Shaman, they think it's ours, we think it's theirs...) and am working on 1.5, so I'd like to be able to at least be a little prepared for 2.0 when I finish 1.5.

I know there are a bunch of Time/GoD BSTs here that are probably further than the initial text.  Here's my thoughts:

"'There is a creature of dark repute in a realm of winds that holds clay made malleable with magic. "

This appears to be the Feral Spirit Clay from the Spiritfrenzied Phoenix in Air.

Looks like we use it with Pottery to make some type of augment or other pet focus.  Probably the best we can get.  Not sure if all the items are necessary or just the clay for the focus.

"Our elder, someone you know, escaped its power and wrath once, but you must help. "

Perhaps Dumul has information about this, if he's the elder we know.  Otherwise we may want to check Lesser Faydark.

"'You may need companions to aid you, which will test your strengths as a leader and a true lord of beasts. Tell Scout Husman you wish to end the great threat in the Grimling Forest and he will brief you. There are two pieces worn about the necks of as many grimlings. "

I don't think this is a standard mob, it would appear to be an event that you start with Husman, similar to the other camps or any of the spirits from Epic 1.0
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Vahaus Warder

This is geat. I've role-played my Beastlord as a Grimling Slayer (see sig) since I started him. I've written short stories on my guilds message board for a long time about the battle between the Grimlings and the Vah Shir.

I like the turn this is taking. I wonder if we'll have to eventually take out Khati Sha the Twisted?

Eatbugs

"'A somewhat peaceful, if not fickle sort, nearby one of our dearest elders in a forest has been touched by the seeping of Discord into Norrath. It has become quite sickly with a dark magic and it has caused it to become extremely violent and seeking blood. Our elder, someone you know, escaped its power and wrath once, but you must help."

Hm, I interpreted this as returning to Rashara in Jaggedpine, as she's the only Elder I can think of in a forest who would be guaranteed to be "someone you know."
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Giledorm

Quote from: Eatbugs"'A somewhat peaceful, if not fickle sort, nearby one of our dearest elders in a forest has been touched by the seeping of Discord into Norrath. It has become quite sickly with a dark magic and it has caused it to become extremely violent and seeking blood. Our elder, someone you know, escaped its power and wrath once, but you must help."

Hm, I interpreted this as returning to Rashara in Jaggedpine, as she's the only Elder I can think of in a forest who would be guaranteed to be "someone you know."

Not to mention the only one who was directly affected by the discord magics by having her warder's essence stripped from her.

jitathab

I just love Grimling slaying - got the medallion and weapons to prove it, no Grimling can stand up to us!

Re the missing location Jaggedpine is the location of a few other epics too - thinly populated. Also a guildie got killed by a mob hitting for 700+ yesterday on way to Bard epic spawn. I wish I could remember what it was called though or the creature type, though it definetly wasnt the dragon.

Kherryn

Quote from: Vahaus WarderI like the turn this is taking. I wonder if we'll have to eventually take out Khati Sha the Twisted?

It wouldn't surprise me...the epic 2.0 is supposed to be rather difficult and very raid-centric.  Khati Sha is very integral to the whole Beastlord Lore and they might figure adding him into the epic quest could finish the lore surrounding him.