Main Menu

After Completing 1.5

Started by Yzak, September 24, 2004, 07:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeshmal

Read Muada's text. Once you have gathered the items he requests, you have to go back to him and tell him you are ready to make the totem. Someone who has all four (I'm missing the clay still) should do this.

Zerh

Quote from: AeshmalRead Muada's text. Once you have gathered the items he requests, you have to go back to him and tell him you are ready to make the totem. Someone who has all four (I'm missing the clay still) should do this.

did u have the 2 medals on colonel and general ?

Quote from: janabelljust 2 boxed the Gnoll with my husbands Shaman long long fight about 20 min and was touch ang go there a few times lost my pet 4x we ended up with 5 mana and just a few hundred hp's left, but got the blood

guess we didnt fight the same mob, my gnoll was also doing a 6k life tap every 40/50 seconds <shrug>

janabell

Quote from: janabelljust 2 boxed the Gnoll with my husbands Shaman long long fight about 20 min and was touch ang go there a few times lost my pet 4x we ended up with 5 mana and just a few hundred hp's left, but got the blood

Quote from: Zerhguess we didnt fight the same mob, my gnoll was also doing a 6k life tap every 40/50 seconds <shrug>

aye i think he did have a 6k lift tap was hard to tell i was playing more atention to my Shaman trying to canni back my mana, but that dose help explane a few times why life droped so fast. i have about 11,700 hps if that help's explane thing's.
Janabell 75 Beast Lord
Guild Member of Iratus Lepus

Falkonik

Need some more info on the Grimling Forest fight. I killed the Colonel and looted his medal, had a tracker with me, but the Grimling General did not spawn. Any one that has more info on this part please dish it out :-)

Falkonik Cloudreaper
Blades of Wrath
Torvonillous

kurlin

i thought this too but, wait around for about 30 mins where the someone posted the general stops he'll be there.
Wildcaller Kurlin <Forged Souls> 69 Feral Lord of The 7th Hammer

Aeshmal

The colonel does not spawn the general, in my experience. I killed the general first, because he's the one my tracker saw first. I think they're both random, fairly common spawns.

Eatbugs

Ran my Bard in to track - both the Colonel and the General were up at the same time on track.  Apparently they can despawn, (or at least the Colonel can) as when I'd killed the General, I logged my Bard back in to track the Colonel down and he was nowhere to be found.  (No one else was in the zone the whole time.)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

jural

Finally got the stupid clay what a PITA.

[Fri Oct 01 01:11:53 2004] You say, 'make the totem'
[Fri Oct 01 01:11:54 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'Very well.  You must now fashion the shape of the totem and imbue it with what you have collected, but not without this bit of beastlord magic.  The elders fashion this essence rarely, so treat it with care.  You will need to take the clay, the medallion, wood I gave you, and the essence and learn which to craft together. Then, use this mold with the clay and you will have completed your first step.  Return to me and tell me that you are finished with this important duty.  Be careful.'

Any suggestions for me to try for combines hes very vague yet again.
He gives you a Combined Essence and an Elder Totem Mold.

Fionnah

Well, I guess here's the trick...

What goes together?

You've only got like 4 or 5 tradeskills.  We can try all of them without too much worry of destroying the stuff (or it had BETTER not destroy the stuff).  4 items, 5 containers... pretty sure that the clay is pottery... I'd think about getting the essence and doing something with jewelcraft (combine with the medals?), then try anything and everything with the wood... can't be a bow, we don't use bows
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Fionnah

Actually my first temptation is a Humming Luclinite Hammer or whatever it's called and see what it can do.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

jitathab

QuoteElder Animist Muada says 'Very well. You must now fashion the shape of the totem and imbue it with what you have collected, but not without this bit of beastlord magic. The elders fashion this essence rarely, so treat it with care. You will need to take the clay, the medallion, wood I gave you, and the essence and learn which to craft together. Then, use this mold with the clay and you will have completed your first step. Return to me and tell me that you are finished with this important duty. Be careful.'

Ok it says near the end - Then, Use this mold with the clay. So dont need to try a combine with clay until something else is made.

Wood blood and medallion left..

I would guess that the blood is used in tempering the medallion - try a forge.

Then combine the wood and tempered medallion in a something :) ok guessing at a forge again but wouldnt be surprised if its tailoring..

Then combine the mold it produces in a kiln.

I wish I was this far ahead to be able to try it :(

Shieara

Yeah.  You can try jewelcraft and smithing for the medallions.  Sounds like you can set the mold asisde until the end.   You probably can set aside the clay until then too but you might need to prepare it somehow (I hope not).

Eatbugs

QuoteOk it says near the end - Then, Use this mold with the clay. So dont need to try a combine with clay until something else is made.

Not so sure about that - he does say to take the clay, medallion, wood and essence to start with.  I'm thinking the blood may be for shaping the clay (most pottery combines use water, but a lot of the Shar Vahl progressive pottery quest combines use blood or bile) before the step with the mold.

Guess I need to recruit some people and head out to Jaggedpine again, I still don't have the blood.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Cetathia

Got all pieces now, will start trying combines now and post what ever i figure out.
Cetathia, Lady in leather!

Cetathia

Ok tried Fletching, Smithing, Tailoring, Pottery and no luck, I even added normal water and nothing will combine ( didnt use the Mold as in his text he says treat the clay and then use the mold ) any suggestions is much appreciated :-)
Cetathia, Lady in leather!