Main Menu

After Completing 1.5

Started by Yzak, September 24, 2004, 07:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilantiz Kylong

I've been trying various combines - still nothing.

I'm going to back track on the other Npc's perhaps they have additional information or perhaps there could be a new Npc  that needs to be discovered (/shrug)

I have had the components for awhile now - but no luck on the combines.
Elder Kilantiz Kylong
Fires of Heaven

Shieara

I haven't been able to garner enough support for PoAir to continue.  Maybe someday...

Drakh

just completed my epic 1.5 yesterday so will get to work on collecting these so i can start hammering out some combines.

I think we need to start restructuring this part of the epic on the forum - eg list each encounter and step in its own thread like we did in 1.5. one of the main reasons the clerics had such a hard time working out and even still completing epics is because all the info i burried in a 20+ page long thread or two!!  :roll:

Savage Lord Drakh Darkscale, 69.70 Feral Lord, <Europa> Druzzil Ro
"You don't just go around punching people. You have to say something cool first!"- Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boy Scout.[/color]

Krah

From my days as a cub in the pits arround Shar Vahl,

Occasionally the mobs that spawn in the pits are replaced by Grimlings.

When this happens, i have found a no drop bowl that is a 4 slot container with a combine key on it.  Could this bowl, with no previous use, be used to combine the clay, blood, etc?

Just an idea

Krah
68th season Beastlord
Erolis Marr
Krah Daddie
Level 70 Beastlord
Erollis Marr

Sharrien

Did anyone note the death messages for the various mobs who drop our quest pieces?  Maybe there is a clue buried in there.

Does Merchant Ayyad from the progressive pottery quest respond to any questions about our epic items?  Do the pottery merchants have any unusual patterns or tools on them?  the alchemy merchants?  Does the vah shir guildleader or any of the npcs in his room have anything new to say about epic 2.0?
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Krah

here is a link to the bowl I was talking about in my previous post.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=24978

hope this helps,

Krah
Krah Daddie
Level 70 Beastlord
Erollis Marr

Fionnah

Has SOE confirmed that this isn't BROKEN?

Hate to say it, but they're not exactly what I would call stainless on quests... how long did it take them to fix the Blued Two Handed Hammer quest?  2 years, 3?
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Eatbugs

Give it some time - there are only a few people trying combinations at the moment, and if it involves other ingredients (water, any of several kinds of smithing hammers, sculpting tools, etc) there are a TON of combinations to try.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Fionnah

Don't forget jewelcraft... maybe combine metals with essence... with maybe a gemsetter or something... jsut thinking.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Sharrien

Giving us an actual clue about the combine would have been really cool too.
Maelin Starpyre

Brutz DaBruiser

Sorry but I'am new to using this form so having problems getting the quotes to work.  Anyway:

I have completed 1.5, but have yet to do PoA and the Gnoll, but I have been trying to brain storm this combine issue and was wondering if anyone has tried the following:

First: Mauda says this can be made malliable with magic. Enchanters have an enchant clay spell, perhaps it can be enchanted somehow.

Second: he says "is full of brambles" Beast Lord Discipline NPC in EC is named brambles, perhaps after you say ready to make totem, you can hail him and he gives you some info, or you can give him totem

Brutz Dabruiser

Sharrien

Anyone tied combination of the clay, blood and/or essence on a pottery wheel with sculpting tools?  with and idol sketch?  How about in a mixing bowl with a spoon?  Hopefully soon my guild will hit Air again and I can join in on experimenting.

What about either the clay with blood or essence in a LDoN birdbath?
Maelin Starpyre

photodude716

Hey guys.  I am newly registered, but have surfed the forums here for a while and noticed that every beast has had trouble doing this combine.  Now I wish I could give you all the answer, but seeing as I am still lacking the blood, 2 medals and piece of air I can only offer my suggestions.  From the start Muada says:
QuoteElder Animist Muada says 'This is good news. I had no doubt you were ready. First, take this piece of wood. It is the first item you will need in creating your totem.
Now just from that thought I would theorize that the wood would be the first combine to focus on.  Since Muada says to finally use the mold with the clay I would say that pottery is the last step.  Just a guess but would think we need to do combine in a secial forge...maybe a new one in shar vahl that someone has overlooked.  But from what I would try first is the following:

the wood + 2 medals (+possible water flask or unknown) in forge
use that combine + blood in brew barrel/forge
previous combine result + clay on pottery wheel
then take the combined clay + the mold in a kiln

Again these are just suggestions from the top of my head.

Heemann <Echoes In Eternity>
Level 70 Wildbood of Rodcet Nife