Main Menu

Epic 1.5 - Tastian

Started by Bananea, September 24, 2004, 11:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

Patch message was missing a lot of information though.  Had a dev confirm just the other day that ME spawn rate was getting boosted, but wasn't mentioned.  They nerfed the weapon damage and I'd hope they'd atleast mention it so some didn't cry phantom nerf.  The effects should be useable from inventory now, but I'm not certain.  I don't think the proc is stacking right, but will have to see.  I'm waiting on word back atm.

Shirrkarn Ayge

Confirmed.. Clicky is still not stacking correctly, but on the bright side, we can now use it from inventory!..
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Tastian

Thanks for the information, I was afraid that was the only change that made it to the clicky.

psycattik

What good is using a worthless proc from inventory, sorry but i don't get all teh excitement about that?

psycattik

Grymlok

What pisses me off is that they can modify the ratio of the weapon due to other classes (that have NO clue about us) whining, but they can't fix something that is obviously not working.  Go SOE.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Shirrkarn Ayge

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.. Unfortunately it was the only thing I could come up with
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Tastian

It was originally said way back that if our epic was 1hb it'd be built to compensate for our lower skill caps.  Even if no one said anything it's possible the point of ele damage would have been dropped anyway.  Yes some classes definition complain without having a clue, but that wasn't the only issue here.  I'm still waiting on a response atm to when we will see this fixed on test and pushed to live.  I honestly don't even bother trying to juggle buffs and dispell and blah blah blah to get the effect to stick.  Other day I was fighting a mob, clicked epic for the boost and lucky me the buff went ahead of irionu so mob got a free minute to CH itself well I couldn't stun /boggle.  Not even worth risking losing irionu or rellic at this point.  It should be fixed, they know it and although I feel impatient I really don't think it's asking too much since we were told it was basically an oversight and would be fixed on the 13th.

Zurash Kittenclaws

Yep very annoying. They can nerf the damage, expected or not, but they cant fix the broken and useless proc? I don't use the dispel trick either, it's simply too much trouble trying to keep slots clear when most of the time I'm raiding and have pet affinity. Also as Tast said, losing the Irionu proc is too high a price to pay for a little pet burst dps each 10 minutes.
Elder Zurash Kittenclaws - 70 Beastlord - Lanys T'Vyl Server

Larku

Tastian. Have you read this post http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4195

And could you possible maybe bring this up when you correspond with SOE next time..

I know the event was easy for elemental guilds but this is just way to much of a upgrade on a event.. SOE did say that is was tuff but also that epic 1.5 was realistic for casul players. but there is no way i could ever get this done now.. I was planning on trying to go for this but now it is out of my range. I had given up on epic 2.0 already but given up on this to breaks my heart.

Tastian

hehe I read every post just about and I've been following that one.  It's obvious that this was an intended change.  Beastlord epic was a lot easier than most.  I'll try to see if it's tuned about where they want it atm, but if you look at almost every other epic the fight isn't that over the top.

Larku

Ok for first i aint playing any other class i am playing a beastlord. But i do know what you meen. I still say that is change have made it imposiple for me to finish epic 1.0 and i think i isn't the only one. I do understand that it shoudnt be easy. But there is the 2.0 for those who wants it diffecult.

I did read in a dev response  awhile ago that this epic should be done with 2-3 groups so i had expected that. but not that it required 2-3 groups of time or similer equipted groups.

And if the other epic have fights there is the same of this there most be alot of players there have given up on epic 1.5.

Larku

doh i meen it have made it imposiple to finish epic 1.5 not 1.0

sorry about that

Tastian

Yes there are a lot of other people/classes that have given up on the epic 1.5s.  I've said it was going to be a problem long before they were put into the game lol.  The epics were either going to be really poor, or they were going to be harder to get than most expected.  

Lemme dig up the thread on the other epics real fast...

Ok here's the thread...

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4043

Some of the fights have seen tweaks and some of the quests or the NPCs have as well.  The bard epic has a couple "raid" type fights.  The final fight for pallys is rough.  I've wiped several times on final necro fight.  The ber/sk/shm epics were probably closest in terms of ease to ours before.

I've asked them if the increase is as much as they've intended it to be and asked them exactly how many of what they feel the fight should be geared for.  ex. 18 time, 24 ep? 36 VT?  18 LDoN? just whatever.  It's the weekend so there won't be a response for a bit.  Also asked them that if they are going to make the fight this much more difficult are they planning on adjusting the trigger mob.

Larku

Thanks Tast.

Those questions will give us a idea..

negrismorte

Quote from: TastianI've asked them if the increase is as much as they've intended it to be and asked them exactly how many of what they feel the fight should be geared for.  ex. 18 time, 24 ep? 36 VT?  18 LDoN? just whatever.  It's the weekend so there won't be a response for a bit.  Also asked them that if they are going to make the fight this much more difficult are they planning on adjusting the trigger mob.

I will dig for the post, but one of the dev team said than epic 1.5 was supposed to be doable by 5-6 groups of pre-elemental.

I think the problem lies in the apparant lack of understanding classes/levels at SOE.  There is a HUGE power change between pre-ele toons and GoD+ toons.  They are mad because groups where every one has time+ gear with 10K hp/mana pools were doing events with small numbers.  When in fact this event is only a stepping stone for them to 2.0.

The 1.5 post shows this new event in NOT for pre-elemental and maybe not even for elemental.  All the mobs are only partially slowable, ramp or flurry, hit for 900+, and have a mana drain effect.  Any one of these tuned the event a level up but all combined was down right uncalled for.

Are they going to "tune" kunark dragons because some people can solo them - they are required for epics?

I have grouped in hard LDoNs with pre-ele friends.  It was always for fun because even there they could not handle it.  The 7-8K tanks can't handle partially slowed 900 hitters - even with a druid and cleric.  Oh yeah, the in these groups, the healers are nearly OOM after every two to three fight.  The chanters are paste from a single resist.

This is turning into a rant, i will stop for now.