Main Menu

Epic issues?

Started by Tastian, September 25, 2004, 03:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

Hehe aren't all issues epic? 8P

Seriously though there are some issues with our epic quest that don't seem to make sense or work very well.  I'm trying to get a compiled list of possible bugs or things that need looking into.  Please don't mention balance type of issues in this thread.  I don't want to hear about more dmg or extra agi or whatever lol.  Below are some of the issues I've seen and already passed along, but I'm trying to get one combined list together now that the quest has been finished that I can pass along.

-  The epic effect seems to have stacking issues

-  The  elder in WW is Ready to Attack

-  The beast in ME doesn't always have the item /boggle

Any other issues please post here or PM/e-mail me as usual.  I know some have mentioned they felt the quest text was vague in spots, etc.

Deiadrox

It's not an issue now, but npcs accept items before they are suppose to... which makes them eat it.  Happened to me on 2 occassions, if you are following the quest closely and doing everythign in order it wont be a problem, we were pioneering so those things sucked.  

Imo make them not accept items until they are supposed to.

Garl

The text Muada gives about the "Eye of the Storm in the Sky" is misleading due to him being on Luclin. Would be better to just have the "in the Sky" part removed.
Garl
70 Beastlord
Ayonae Ro

Lesrik

Quote from: GarlThe text Muada gives about the "Eye of the Storm in the Sky" is misleading due to him being on Luclin. Would be better to just have the "in the Sky" part removed.

Aye, or change it to something ike "Eye of the Storm near the darkened plain", or something like that.  Just so it doesn't seem like the next part is on Norrath.

Man0warr

I think the elder in WW is supposed to be KOS, read his text

Some problems with the right click effect on weapon:

The Proc doesn't work

The entire effect is pretty useless since its only active for 1 minute out of every 10
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Tigarri

Apparently, the proc works fine....if you don't already have a proc on the warder. :\

Man0warr

again which makes it useless :p
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Deiadrox

I have yet to look at it closely, but it isn't impressing me as of yet.  I have this odd feeling it adds 5dps for 1 min every 10 mins lol.  The avoidance and hps is nice, but i havent soloed with it yet.

And yea.. the proc doesn't work if you have a proc on your pet already, which is BROKE imo.

Bananea

Very few people I know let their pet tank, so the defensive crap is just that....crap.

This is a very poor effect imo, and I'm thinking up ideas to make it better.

TerjynPovar

I'm not sure you are going to get the 1 minute out of every 10 fixed seeing as most(every?) epic is exactly the same way, quite clearly this was intended.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Graace

They should make the proc go to the warder and give us a recourse with all that defensive/other bonuses that's on the click, would make a lot more sense, there's precident for it via Bond of the Wild.
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

Fionnah

If they really wanted to make a cool click effect that is about being one with your warder, then they should just have the right-click give you your pet's proc effect, whatever it's got at that moment.  If your pet has Rellic on, you get Rellic, but with a shorter duration.  I'd love to actually see you get all your pet's effects on you, if you've got an uber buffed pet, this would be almost overpowering, but it would be cool.

Instead though I'd rather see it be a pet proc that gives you an extra pet, but instead of being floating cloaws, make it a random BST class pet (wolf, bear, cat, alligator or scaled wolf).  As it stands, the effects are worthless.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

kukana

Since at this level, pets don't tank very often, and seeing they want to keep the "every 10 minutes" thing, how about giving the same effect to BOTH the warder and the beastlord.

In general, while the stats are nice, I just feel like this weapon's effect are pretty weak.

Oh, and what exactly IS strikethrough?  My instincts say this lets me ignore AC on the mob maybe?
Kukana
Feral Lady
Tunare <Shadow of the Dragon>
--
Magelo Profile

Fistinyereyes

Strike-through is an innate thing that basicly gives you an increased chance for you to not be effected by a mob's deffensive skills: such as Block, dodge, ripo, ect...

Basicly, you hit mobs bit more often :p

kukana

Ok, pretty much what I was thinking, then.

I'd still like to see the clicky affect both my warder AND me (and get the stacking with Rellic issue fixed too).
Kukana
Feral Lady
Tunare <Shadow of the Dragon>
--
Magelo Profile