Main Menu

Epic issues?

Started by Tastian, September 25, 2004, 03:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firriann

i got a weird bug myself.. i handed in the items in order to muadah, he gave me the helm stuff. so far all seemed well so i made the helm, equipped it, he gave me the letter. once i got the 5 elders (btw CT elder was a pain in the neck.. i wasnt able to climp on the side of the pyramid until the last 2 floors  :( ) and handed the "signed" letter back to muada, he ate it and restarted the quest from the beginning (the 4 items to make the helm). i contacted a GM, he gave me back every items (letter and the helm stuff) but when i tried to restart again, it did the exact same thing >.< he ate the letter and the 4 other items, did not even give me the helm pattern or the needle. so right now, i beleive this part might have some coding error cause i spoke to other people that had the same problem. but it's too painful to get back every items again. i'm ep flagged but no ep gear except SPF so i cant tank gryme and require help, but not being in a raiding guild, it's almost impossible for me to get a tank for him =/ and aramin is always up and eats me before i get to the grass..
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Washiir

Quote from: Firrianni got a weird bug myself.. i handed in the items in order to muadah, he gave me the helm stuff. so far all seemed well so i made the helm, equipped it, he gave me the letter. once i got the 5 elders (btw CT elder was a pain in the neck.. i wasnt able to climp on the side of the pyramid until the last 2 floors  :( ) and handed the "signed" letter back to muada, he ate it and restarted the quest from the beginning (the 4 items to make the helm). i contacted a GM, he gave me back every items (letter and the helm stuff) but when i tried to restart again, it did the exact same thing >.< he ate the letter and the 4 other items, did not even give me the helm pattern or the needle. so right now, i beleive this part might have some coding error cause i spoke to other people that had the same problem. but it's too painful to get back every items again. i'm ep flagged but no ep gear except SPF so i cant tank gryme and require help, but not being in a raiding guild, it's almost impossible for me to get a tank for him =/ and aramin is always up and eats me before i get to the grass..

I thought this was bugged too but you need to say only the key word and not the whole phrase because the whole phrase has the keyword for the first part of the epic.

Firriann

i did. i only said "beleive" the 2nd time and it still restarted from the start. 1st time i said "i beleive" and it did too. =/ thanks for the input tho
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Gothmogh

Also theres an issue with the final battle ...

I did the turnin, ran to the fight, and returned (all this within like 15 mins) and when i got back the npc had despawned ...

Kinda lame when your excited about finally finishing and you have to petition ....

Urim

QuoteAlso theres an issue with the final battle ...

I did the turnin, ran to the fight, and returned (all this within like 15 mins) and when i got back the npc had despawned ...

Kinda lame when your excited about finally finishing and you have to petition ....
Not really bugged. Erana seems to be up 2 hours and then down 2 hours. It could be that it was just bad luck in timing (or good luck considering you were able to start battle when you had the people). All that is needed is to wait the 2 hours or so for Erana to respawn to do hand-in, petition isn't needed. Or it just might be that Erana is set to despawn a little bit after hand in /shrug.

As for the epic effect they need to make it similar to the Mend Companion AA ability. Have the spell land on pet but don't autotarget. Makes actually clicking the epic a pain in the ass because of losing target of what we are attacking. Broken many mezzes from clicking epic and trying to retarget the mob. (Since the previous target button targets me afterward whenever casting a spell that autotargets pet)
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Eatbugs

QuoteErana seems to be up 2 hours and then down 2 hours.

She is, but she also seems to despawn shortly after you turn in the cloak.  I started the fight about an hour and a half before she should have despawned accoring to my timing - she was gone 10 minutes later when I headed back over.  Still, waiting two hours isn't a huge problem.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Razimir

Epic clicky would kick arse if it proc stacked with other pet procs. I'm considering not to rellic my pet so I can use epic clicky proc: 250dd -50 resist which fires almost with every hit is truely amazing.

Eatbugs

Quote from: GarlThe text Muada gives about the "Eye of the Storm in the Sky" is misleading due to him being on Luclin. Would be better to just have the "in the Sky" part removed.

Also, from the text after completing 1.5: "I suppose many worlds have strife, but Norrath is in grave danger and folk all over argue and bicker like never before. To this day, the Vah Shir have been battling with the grimlings."

It appears whoever wrote this series of quests has Norrath and Luclin confused.  :P
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Gospodar

Giving this proc to both bst and pet would be nice(even too nice) for soloing but make it useless on raids(can you say aggro-splat?). Just make it stack and its great clickie. We dont need i-r-teh-win clickie this one is nice dps burst every 10 mins with 0 aggro for us, more than worth the effort involved in getting epic even if ya dont count in the club  :D
Gospodar the Defender of the Ages

Erollisi Marr - Divine Grace

kukana

Worried about agro spat?  They could just make the proc generate 0 agro.  Easy fix.
Kukana
Feral Lady
Tunare <Shadow of the Dragon>
--
Magelo Profile

Snowmeow

I heard someone mention last night that with the proc rate the epic clickie has it adds around 65 dps to the pet for its duration.  Anyone able to confirm this?
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=397031" target="_blank" class="postlink">-Snowmeow-
Quellious
http://www.lotuscult.org" target="_blank" class="postlink">-Lotus Cult-

Nalitra

Can't comment on the epic itself, as I am STILL stuck on the ME drop.  

I have about 12 hours into the camp now with ONE spawn of the named, and no drop.

I don't mind putting some time into a quest, but long spawn times for a mob that doesn't even drop the needed quest piece is beyond ridiculous.  

Not to mention, it can be very hazardous to your guildmates health when they go to the same camp, stay an hour, get one spawn with the needed drop.   :shock:

I'm going to keep at it until I get it, but I seriously hope this is changed for all upcoming 1.5 questers.

Nalitra

Bengali

Quote from: SnowmeowI heard someone mention last night that with the proc rate the epic clickie has it adds around 65 dps to the pet for its duration.  Anyone able to confirm this?

I haven't seen a streak that high, but I did see it proc 15 times for its duration.  That's about 3750 total damage if they all landed for full (although if you're looking for dps added, you'd have to subract from that the damage that rellic would have done because both of them don't proc).  That's 62.5 dps for the duration, but it's considerably less overall dps because of the recast, i.e., 6.25 dps.

From my logs, Rellic seems to average 4-6 ppm (620-930 dmg).  If you have Irionu and the same proc rate then you'd be looking at subtracting out (760-1140) in damage.  So you're looking at a dps *increase* of anywhere from 4.35 to 5.23 over time.

I should note that the 15 was my luckiest streak so far.  Dunno if that's the average, but it probably is based on what the mages are reporting.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Deiadrox

I was just testing out the clicky and I only did one fight, so this is no where near accurate.  
Pofire GY Spider:

After one minute the mob's hps decreased from 95-85%.  (no rellic, cause of the clicky issue)

I clicked the epic, and the hps when from 85-65% before it wore off.

It seems as though it's a decent upgrade but don't take my word for it.  Wait for Tastian or another beast to come up with official and accurate parses.

It needs work imo though.

rahjaten

as stated before  i dont dont mind long camps all quests like epics should involve something like it. sorta seperates the dedicated to the not dedicated people. but atleast fix it so it drops everytime or as a common drop not this rare crap.