Main Menu

Epic issues?

Started by Tastian, September 25, 2004, 03:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Twenty hour camps in a green infested zone are boring and pointless, there is no question of dedication.

Move the 20 hour camp to an XP zone and will give you at least something to do in the spare time.

Draen

Edit: NM I figured it out...

As long as you get savage blessing to land before arag and relic...it works...if it lands after...it doesn't. Is this the way it is intended?

<Triton>
"No, Aeryn it is not what I want! It's just that fate keeps blocking all the exits! And no matter what I do I just keep circling closer to the flame!" -John Crichton, Farscape-PK Wars

Tastian

No and in multiple threads now it's been mentioned that this is going to be fixed very soon.

jitathab

Did the hand ins for all 5 and the speaches, got back to Muada and says not completed, doing handins again :(

Gerini

Sounds like you didnt say your "text" after each hand in..  

You can thank sony for the Invis. Faction hit..

Eatbugs

Quote from: GeriniSounds like you didnt say your "text" after each hand in..  

You can thank sony for the Invis. Faction hit..

You don't need to do the follow up text after each one - I didn't in a couple of cases. (In fact, you can't do it with the Troll in Western Wastes unless you're a Vah Shir and can sneak up behind him.)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

jitathab

I rehailed them again and hand ins and worked, must have messed up somewhere, was the OOT one that didnt work, nm working again.

CT was fun though doing twice.

Skratchen

Why did the beastlord epic get switched from glowing wolverine claws to an ugly over-sized cartoon totem pole?  Simply ugly.  Not as ugly as the shaman epic 1.5, but it's a close second for winning the ugly epic contest.  

I guess I'm one of the few who liked the glowing claws before on the old epic.  If the developers could only have made them fit all the character models correctly and gotten rid of the useless hand-shield graphic, the beastlord epic 1.0 would hands down be the most awesome looking epic of them all.

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Eatbugs

Quote from: SkratchenWhy did the beastlord epic get switched from glowing wolverine claws to an ugly over-sized cartoon totem pole?  Simply ugly.  Not as ugly as the shaman epic 1.5, but it's a close second for winning the ugly epic contest.

I like mine - looks fairly wild and troll-like.  Since the old epics never fit troll hands, (as you mention) I wasn't all that thrilled with them.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Gurbark Barkgur

I went an did the letter hand in over in WW this morning, Trollie was indifferent to me (I'm an Ogre).
Gurbark

Tastian

Wasn't sure if I'd seen anyone else mention it yet, but another issue with the 1.5 clicky is that it gets wasted even if effect doesn't hold.  Had warder run out of range after clicking and spell didn't land.  Still had to wait on recast.  8(

Dummkopf

That sounds like the same issue with every buff that has a recast, same happens for example if you cast Fero and the target runs oor during casting.

Shrouded

By the way, I'm using a little quick fix around the problem with the epic clicky not overstacking with other pet proc buffs:

1.  Summon your pet.
2.  Put 1 junk buff on your pet.
3.  Buff your pet up like you normally would (including your standard spell pet proc buff)
4.  Cancel magic your pet.  If the cancel magic takes off a different buff instead of your junk, rebuff the buff that was taken off.  Repeat this until the junk buff comes off.
5.  Enjoy your fully buffed pet with an empty first slot and dont fill it up!

So, apparently, the spell procs are not set by how long the proc has been on, but , simply, which is in the highest slot.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Tastian

Yeah it's always been highest buff on the list works.  The problem with this is if you have pet affinity.  Between group buffs, ninja buffs and bard songs it's impossible for me to keep pet buffs up.  Also I've had epic click take hole a few times when I simply didn't want it to because I wound up losing the stun portion of spirit of xxx.  I really, really hope the epic effect is fixed with tomorrows patch.  I kinda like the effect, but with all the bugs and issues it currently has I almost never bother even clicking it.

Tarsq

Epic stacking not fixed as of 10/12 on Test, so I wouldnt hold your breath.

But on the plus side, you will get timed pet buffs and be able to invis and keep pet :)
Tarsq of Test