Main Menu

Tailoring

Started by Bromby, September 25, 2004, 08:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromby

I cant seem to find the Quick tailoring guide.  Can someone crosspost or repost it please

Wildcaller Bromby Stormstrider
Wildblood of Eci

Ukator Iceblood

Hmm, I did woven mandrake (two mandrake roots) till 66, then backpacks (HQ Bear pelt/backpack pattern) to 88, then quivers till 100. Bought all the stuff. Mandrake you can find in PoK.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Tigarri

You can use the freebie quest in Abysmal Sea (see the tailoring vendors) to get to 54. Costs nothing but time...and not a lot of that.

Edit: typo...I said 154...I meant 54. Oops.

Sigrah

EQ Traders is your friend :)  I'm a 250 Tailor (actually, in all trades), here's what I did 0 to 108 way back when:

0 to 26 - Ruined Pelt (Bear, Cat, or Wolf) + Pattern (any works here)
27 to 56 - Medium Quality Pelt (Bear, Cat, Wolf, or Rockhopper) + Mask Pattern + 1 Stud (Smithing Combine)
57 to 108 - High Quality Pelt (Bear, Cat, Wolf, or Rockhopper) + Mask Pattern + 1 Boning (Smithing Combine)

Took me an hour tops with the Smithing Combines factored in.  There's other ways, but that is what I found to be the cheapest and most readily available at the time.  One thing on the High Quality Pelt part, use Cat and Wolf Pelts first, HQ Bear and Rockhopper Pelts tend to be more expensive since they make 10 slot backpacks.
Sigrah The Beast
Level 70 Beastlord
Bertoxxulous Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=566996

Deiadrox

Yea, do woven manrake till 66, can buy mandrake root at the alchemy guy in pok.  Then make quivers, one high quality cat pelt and a quiver pattern.

Vidyne

I must be a cheapo...

Went down to Crystal Caverns for a Day at 65.

Farmed about a backpack or 2 of Crystalline Silks

Did Crystalline Silk armor in thurg up to about 105... then had to go farm a little more to get to 131 or whatever the triv is for the tunic.

Very easy, nearly 0 money.

Nusa

Kill Marus Seru greyhoppers, which drop LQ rockhopper hides and greyhopper hides.

LQ rockhopper + shade silk thread (2 shadeling silks) -or-
LQ rockhopper + silk thread (2 silks) will take you to 31 and make leather padding (used to skill smithing, so has bazaar value if you dont need it).

greyhopper hide + pattern have trivials of 88 or 95(boots, legs, tunic).

Deiadrox

Yea, you can be cheap and farm stuff.. It cost me 3k and an hour of combining to get 100tailoring, why would I spend my whole day farming stuff lol.

warder5269

Grey hopper boots will take you to 99 (unless the changed it recently) just need 1 grey hopper hide + 1 boot pattern. The boots sell back for more than the pattern with a cha of 109, when pushed to 170 i was turning a profit. I usually just go sit in a newb zone like Gfay or such and /shout that im giving them away for bat wings (stupid levi).
Tygereyee - Emarr

Jagarr

way i did was ..combining 2 mandrake until 66 then I combined crystalized spider silk swatch, silver thread, cap pattern this got me to 102.
Guild Leader of Dragons Alliance
Lany Tv'yl Server
Jagarr Battlecat Jag's Gear
Ganan Sinanju Ganan's Gear
Kebra Spiritsage Kebra's Gear

Kinash

Just buy a bunch of HQ Cat Pelts and Quiver Patterns. It is trivial at 115 and inexpensive.
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639