Main Menu

Farming Runes in Draniks Hollow

Started by bham, September 26, 2004, 11:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gudaman

Just spent about 4 hours here got 1 bat and 3 rat spawns 1 rune 1 2hb and 3 range's. Uless other's are posted better results i wont be back here.

bham

Just did 2 runs in Draniks Hollow, Murkgliders thingie.

Spent about 7 or 8 hours total.

Got 8 runes of the 3 droppable types, 3 or 4 sticks, 2 earrings and several masks and totems. AA exp is very nice, going from 67 to 68 is slow.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

bham

2 more runs since then...about another 7-8 hours total. Less named pops and only 2 runes. Nerf or the RNG? I dont know.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Garwulf

you know i must have been doing something wrong but i got me and my box killed trying to do this, the agro range was alot huger then i thought it would be, i have ~ 9.3k buffed hp and close to 7k mana, but my box is kinda sucky just over 4k mana and  ungodly low hps ( under ssra level gear) so i pretty much gave up trying to farm this area to get my bsts spells
Primalist Garwulf Ninescullz
67 beastlord
The Companions
Tribunal

Shieara

I still go here for spells sometimes.  I run a cleric/beastlord duo though so the lack of a snarer is a huge issue.  I average around a rune an hour.  The biggest issue you need to be aware of is that you must avoid runners *at all costs*.  Runner = cr here, at least for my level of gear.  Also, my nukes do not cut it in stopping them before they manage to escape even with dots on them.  Maybe if I had the OoW and/or GoD nuke it would make a bigger difference but I think not.  I use hobble and two snare weapons, as well as having root and two stuns loaded on the cleric.  Sometimes they still escape though.  Also, I usually make sure to get the expedition with the cleric who is level 65.  The higher levels mobs I can't split with pacify and taking two is painful.  It is an option when I can't find groups at least.

Azmod

Got my Stick of Fury from the Bat! Love that stick, my first really decent hard hitting weapon. Defaulted to me on NBG and I have hardly taken it off since, lol...

We hung around long enough to get 2 named bats and 4 named rats, 3 runes(minor & lesser) and the Stick were the only real drops.
Azmod 66 Beastlord of The Seventh Hammer

negrismorte

Are these instanced zone like LDoN and based on average level or max level in group as some posts seem to suggest?

Also, what is the max level split to be allowed in?

Xilef

It's based on the level of the person who get the expedition (doesn't matter who the group leader is). There are no level split restriction.
Predator http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=132288" target="_blank">Xilef - Level 68 Feral Lord of Inner Chi
Prexus Server

Moffett

It's worth noting that Murkglider's Hive got nerfed since the strategy guides were written, the bats and rats are now KoS making invis there vitually impossible with the undead murks in the way. You may get reasonable mileage in the other expiditions which you can still invis through to get to PH.

Ekss

You can use regular invis to run through this expedition now.
However, there are random mobs which will see through invis (and I don't think they are limited to the murkgliders, although I could be wrong there). Not all the murkgliders do.

If you're lucky, you can still run through as before; you just have to be a bit more careful and con the mobs in your path in case they see invis. Just go cautiously because if you run into a room with one see invis mob, you'll end up being swarmed by all the others when it attacks you.
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

negrismorte

pfft, the original post said it took an hour to fight down.  I don't plan to waste time trying to sneak about, we will just kill down.  gonna have to use the wizzie for snare though - he is only 55, which is why i was asking if there was a split like LDoN has (have to be within 7 levels)

Shieara

No level split like ldon.  There might be a minimul level to do the expedition though.  I don't have any characters low enough to test it.

Dhantes

really blows the 68 ones are pretty good exp and decent loot (though kinda hard to sell) and most the named are not too bad. BUT seems the 68 expeditions can ONLY drop 68 spells =\. So on my server 68 spells are like 24k and 67 are like 40-60k and 66 are like 30-50k.

Dummkopf

I dont think thats true. They just made the drop rates for 66 and 67 runes pretty low, 68 ones are way more common. I got all my 66/67 spells out of a lvl 70 expedition in DH duoing with a cleric so i dont think the type of the expedition is tied to the type of spells that drop.

Deathclaw

Quote from: DummkopfI dont think thats true. They just made the drop rates for 66 and 67 runes pretty low, 68 ones are way more common. I got all my 66/67 spells out of a lvl 70 expedition in DH duoing with a cleric so i dont think the type of the expedition is tied to the type of spells that drop.

I too think that true - and the 66 / 67 runes would have a higher drop rate in the "low" zones, ie bloodfield, NC, etc but not alot of people xp there - they go strieght to WoS or DH