Main Menu

Farming Runes in Draniks Hollow

Started by bham, September 26, 2004, 11:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneiromancer

Quote from: Deathclaw
Quote from: DummkopfI too think that true - and the 66 / 67 runes would have a higher drop rate in the "low" zones, ie bloodfield, NC, etc but not alot of people xp there - they go strieght to WoS or DH

I don't think any runes drop in Bloodfields.  Would be nice if they did though!

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Dhantes

aye i apologize for my previous statement last night did a lvl 68 expeidition that netted me 2 minor's and 1 lesser rune guess i just hit a string of bad/good luck (however you see it) and my first 5 or so runes were all 68's heh.

Deathclaw

QuoteI don't think any runes drop in Bloodfields. Would be nice if they did though!

could be the case - i never xp in bloodfield, just remember reading runes drop in all zone but DS, and would guess that the zone design for the 66, 67 people will have a higher drop rate on the 66 / 67 spells, but this is SoE so could be wrong in that too.

Oneiromancer

Well, Bloodfields seems to be about the same difficulty as Harbinger's Spire, and no runes drop in Harbinger's at all either.  Take a look on Allakhazam's, even the Minor Runes aren't listed as dropping there.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

negrismorte

Quote from: Deathclawcould be the case - i never xp in bloodfield, just remember reading runes drop in all zone but DS, and would guess that the zone design for the 66, 67 people will have a higher drop rate on the 66 / 67 spells, but this is SoE so could be wrong in that too.

The only time I see anyone in BF is when they are running to or from RCoD.

EDIT: hunted here a bit, killed more than a few named, didnt see any drops that would come close to a rune - lots of stuff suited for high 50s to low 60s.

negrismorte

Quote from: ShiearaNo level split like ldon.  There might be a minimul level to do the expedition though.  I don't have any characters low enough to test it.

If there is a min level, it is below 56.  I was able to get in with a 56 and 66 in group.  However, it wasnt the trio I had intended (66beast, 66cleric, 56wizzie).  I ended up having some friends join up - 61sham, 65pal, and 60pal.

I was surprised the the HP the mobs had.  Our group, while not very DPS heavy, was taking 2min+ to kill a mob.  Had I gone with just the trio, I don't know that the kill rate would have made it worth anything.

Incite

Quote from: negrismorteI was surprised the the HP the mobs had.  Our group, while not very DPS heavy, was taking 2min+ to kill a mob.  Had I gone with just the trio, I don't know that the kill rate would have made it worth anything.

Off the top of my head they are about 25k - 30k HP each.  I can usually drop one of them in a bit over a minute with me, cleric, and my 67 (and very crappily geared) necro.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.