Main Menu

Best place to hunt?

Started by Hiyena Beastlord, September 26, 2004, 07:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiyena Beastlord

I am new to the game and am currently level 10. I got there in Queynos since I knew the zones well...I used to play years ago when EQ was new but got pregnant and lost track of the game for awhile. Now my son is 4 and ready to let me start playing agian...or rather he goes to school a couple days a week and I can sneak in some time here and there now. I need a place where i can level smoothly but quickly so I can catch up to my husbands level 66 Necro. I was hoping I could get some suggestions on the best place to go when I am soloing.

JillieMT

Hiya Hiyena!

We have some fantastic forums that are divided into sections depending on your level. The Level 1-29 section has just the guides you need to get started!  :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Hereki

If you want fast levelling at 10, then go to Kurns Tower or Paludal.

In Kurns, just zone in from Field of Bone, and pull the mobs right at the zone line.  They will be tough at first, but very good experience.  This is good up to 18.

In Paludal, use the entrance in Shadeweavers Thicket and move in to the first pool.  Kill there, then start to move deeper in up the east passage.  There is a clean progression of levels up to 22; at 17, you should move to the shiknar, which are best reached from the Hollowshade Moor entrance.  If you want, at 22 to 25 you can move to groups at the Shadowhaven side, killing bandits.  But some people don't like the groups there.

Jzath

Hiyena,

Sony recently changed the hot xp zones:
Lvl      Zone
60-65 Plane of Torment
55-60 Chardok
50-55 Grieg's End
45-50 Nurga
40-45 City of Mist
35-40 Kaesora
30-35 Dalnir
25-30 Hollowshade Moor
20-25 Runnyeye

I killed bugs in Paludal on the Shadeweaver thicket side and made my way to the Shadow Haven side as I lvled up.

I have a regular hunting partner that is a chanter so I have fun wading in with adds all around me as she mezzes them.

Runnyeye is a dungeon crawl that can get quite exciting.  My beastlord had his first death there when the eye prisoners aggroed.

The caves in the NW corner of Hollowshade pop really fast with sonic wolves/owlbears.  Similar spawn rate of the Paludal Caverns bandit camps.

Dalnir zone entrance is in the NW corner of Warsilik's woods, another dungeon.  Expect to get mezzed alot if your MR is low from the all the caster mobs.

I plan on xp hunting at least 2 lvls in all these zones not just because they are hotspots, but simply because in my 2 years of playing, I never hunted there.

Edit:
Ack...just reread your post and you said soloing.  I do not recommend this for soloing.  Sorry.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044