Main Menu

Question on the Roaring Grass in PoD

Started by BriguyFV, September 27, 2004, 10:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BriguyFV

For those of you on FV server, is the Roaring Grass no drop? I have someone that is willing to get me into the castle but I think I'm going to get killed to easy. So I wanted to know if a SoS Rogue could get it for me.

Also, thank you all for the great info. I was unwilling to do this quest at first but now you have renewed my spirit for it.
Briguy Theomega, 70 seasons/425+ AAs Beastlord

Member of the Chivalrous Valor
Member of the Planar Campaign
FV Server

Firriann

As far as i know, even if the grass is not no-drop, the rogue would still have to kill gryme for the no-rent key. the door isnt / wasnt picklock-able.

but to answer the main question, i cant really say. sorry
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Doomringer

Are you planning on going Solo? If you are I can check tonight, but I don't think it was nodrop. If you can get a few friends together, like 3 or 4, you will have no problem. Plus it will only take like 20-30 mins to do the event. I was really scared myself, but when it was over I realized it was pretty easy.

I took a full group all less than EP geared/ less than 150AA and we cruised.
Doomringer Loneclaw
Feral Lord Vah Shir
Firiona Vie
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=925159

Meowsa

Eatbugs

Quote from: MeowsaRoaring Grass is NO-DROP.

Point is, it may not be on FV. (Most things aren't.)

Gryme is actually duoable with two EP-geared Beastlords, and the trip back past Aramin is cake with two. (If you have the Beast who isn't running past Aramin chain cast on her from out of melee range to grab aggro, the other person can just run past without being attacked at all.)  For a lark, the second time I went back there we decided to see if we could take Aramin afterwards - the two of us got her to 48%.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Gimrol

As far as I know, the grass is not no-drop on FV.

It's also my understanding that the sos rogue trick will work.  I've got a guildee with a gryme key and a (different) guildee sos rogue.  Assuming that I can catch them on at the same time, I'll veryify that you can get the grass this way.

whabs

If you run past spider gaurdian the grass spawns to the left along the wall if you look down the hall where the grass spawns you will see a door its fake. run down to it and you can sit there aggro free no mobs go here unless trained. I sat in the corner there with another bst for about 6 hours so we both could get the grass and even went afk and watched tv for like 2 hours of that and never once got bothered.
So if the grass isnt up you can camp it alone just bring a gate pot or someway to get out, otherwise you have to die and let corpse pop at graveyard. If your a Vashir you can use sneak to get the grass and back to safe room without aggro, confirmed this because me and the other bst are both Vashir and I ported us out with a druid bot. If you cant sneak you will get aggro the sec you get close to the grass so just grab it and die. The grass is a 3 hour respawn.

BriguyFV

You know what, I'm jsut going to wait for a raid on Grumms to get in there. I will follow them in then camp the grass. Just plain easier.
Briguy Theomega, 70 seasons/425+ AAs Beastlord

Member of the Chivalrous Valor
Member of the Planar Campaign
FV Server

mogtoth1

Finally getting round to doing Epic now. Took out Gryme easy, looted key. just couldnt get the door to open. is this bugged or is there a trick to getting the door to open?? Any help appreciated
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Kanan

dumb question, but did you have the key on ur cursor when u clicked the door?

And ur SoS rogue would still have to get in the door past Gryme to open it.  Drag a healer with you to kill gryme & kill your way into aramin.  Then just pop prot spirit, run like a mofo on down to the grass & pick it up and die & summon/wait for body to pop with it.  Aramin's got a few friends right behind him, so that's what'll kill you, not the spider.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

mogtoth1

Yep, had key on the cursor and was clicking it on door in as many places as i could. Just kept repeating the message "this item cannot be dropped, traded, etc". Wondered if there was a trick to getting the door to open, ie. click key in specific place or something. Gryme fell easily to me and pally friend.

PS. I fully intended to do the snatch and die method, would be worth it with GL rez LOL
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Kanan

heh.. my preference on how to open doors like that:

1) have key on cursor

2) hit the "U" key (or whatever keyboard key you have tied to the "use center of screen" function on your UI)

I have run into that annoyance before.

Frankly, I open most doors in this fashion.  And due to Putty liking to play with the bodies after they're ded (the constant problem I have with right click looting of getting pet rather than the body), my most common looting method is /targ a, /loo
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Goom

WHERE is the grass though?? I cleared out everything and ran past aramin, found about 9 things waiting for me and i ran around like an idiot but couldn't find the damned grass...it is a bag graphic, right? i didn't see anything. And I have the loc, but that doesn't help when training around, so i really need a description of the place.
The above post may contain opinion mixed with fact. You're human too.

Nusa

Scoot past the spider, go straight until you hit a wall. Turn 90 degrees left and you're looking at a corner. Look down. It's a tiny-size bag on the ground in that corner. If it's not there, it means someone grabbed it in the last 3 hours.

You can pull all those mobs from behind the spider before you scoot past if you want....just use cycle-target to get one of them (clicking you'll only be able to target the spider), and pull them past the spider into the previous room. Makes life a lot easier.

arentol

I just got mine last night.  What I did to figure out exactly where it was before I tried to get into the area past Aramin was run along the east side of the big outer ledge of the 2nd floor of the castle,  checking my /loc until one number matched that given in all the quest guides.  I then imagined a line running straight west from there, which basically determined it HAD to be in the east/west running hall behind Aramin.  I then did the same on the north side of the ledge, and extended the imaginary line to the south.  This process resulted in the two lines intersecting in the little teeny alcove just behind Aramin, and so I knew exactly where it would be when I got there... and that's where it was.