Main Menu

Watch out! Sony Customer service in action!

Started by Eatbugs, September 28, 2004, 08:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorathir

Quote from: Cyphen WilderThe one prevalent thing I see about all posts is that SOE is a big evil corporation you see black helicopters trying to suck the money oh no you must think the sky is falling from its customers in types of conspiracies and scams.  Whoever asked paranoid, hit the nail on the head.

My cliche filter has completed it's sweep.

Cyphen Wilder

Omens of War Access
We are aware of the reports of characters losing access to Omens of War content and features yesterday when logging in to their accounts. If you believe you were charged for this expansion (not just entered a pre-order, but have indeed confirmed that your billing method was successfully charged), and you have lost access to the Omens content, then please contact customer service so that we may restore your lost access and correct any problem that has caused the confusion.

We have sent emails to those who lost access (these were sent prior to losing access). If you did not receive an email, we ask that you please double-check the email address associated with your EverQuest account. You can update your email address and other information using the account button on the EQ login screen which will take you to the accounts web page Accounts. Make certain that you log in to the accounts web page with the account you wish to modify.

Purchasing Omens or contacting customer service can be done in a variety of ways. You can order Omens of War either through the station store at http://www.station.sony.com or by using the accounts button on the EQ login screen. You can reach our accounts and billing department by calling 858-537-0898 or by using our Live Chat service which you can find at http://www.station.sony.com/en/instantchat.jsp.

Also, you can use the in-game petition system. Since the petition system now uses an offline in-game mail system, your petition can be answered without you having to be online. If you've already entered a petition a GM should be able to get to you shortly.

Any lost experience from players who have encountered this problem, for whatever reason, will be restore

Guess we can close the thread.

Cyphen Wilder

dammit....hehe.....but will still say that was not SOE stupidity, but player base stupidity..... :twisted:

Eatbugs

Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

cougerofeq

Quote from: Cyphen Wilder

Also, you can use the in-game petition system. Since the petition system now uses an offline in-game mail system, your petition can be answered without you having to be online. If you've already entered a petition a GM should be able to get to you shortly.

Only thing I ever got from the new off-line reply was - "sorry, please /bug it or send in an email"

Cyphen Wilder

I didnt write that!  I am sueing for musquoting :P

Shille

Increased value/size/portion etc upon release/opening is a standard business practice. The reasons may be different (sales/usage), but there is nothing unusual about its use by SOE.

The only expansion I ever pre-bought was LoY. When I placed the order, it politely told me to use another credit card, as my card was expired.

If it can filter todays current date, filtering the date of release is a simple matter.

danaconda

Quote from: ShilleIf it can filter todays current date, filtering the date of release is a simple matter.

That was my point exactly. I am not a programmer, but I was under the impression that you have to keep a user's stupidity under consideration when doing things. IE: their CC# might expire before the date of release, and they might not realize that they get charged later, not now.

I mentioned earlier that some people might buy an expansion if they notice the drop rates of items are very nice. Why would it be stupid for someone to wait for things like that? I must have missed something about this game. I thought you played for 4 things: experience, levels, adventure, and loot. Any combo of those things can be considered "fun" in many different people's perspectives. Why is Allakhazam's website so popular? Why do so many casuals want good loot? hmmmmm..... Maybe because they like loot? I would say that's possible.

I was having a bad day at work the day I posted all that crap before  :oops: . Figuring this was rants, didn't realize anyone cared if I ranted. Oh well, whatever. Being in a much better mood today I realize that it makes perfect sense to up the drop rate at release. Why wouldn't they? They realize most people want good loot. How do these items that are so rare appear just as release shows up to encourage people to hunt there or buy the expansion? Makes sense in every way. You want people to see the items right away so there's incentive to go there. Then nerf drop rates if you want the items to stay rare.

It serves another purpose in that it rewards people that explore.  :D
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

danaconda

Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)