Main Menu

Muramite Rune Drop Guide

Started by Kunriis, September 30, 2004, 07:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunriis

I completely ripped this off of RPG experts website. As usual, do not hold me responsible for the accuracy of this info.  :D

This is a guide on what zones drop what spells and how rare they are for Omens of War!

The first number in the line is how many can potentially drop from each kill. The second number (and first % value) is the chance for that kill to drop a spell AT ALL. Once the first roll is determined if the NPC has a spell, it then determines which spell it will drop. Which is the second % value.

There fore: -1 @ 20% by 34% Describes an NPC that has a 20% chance to drop any spell, while it has a 34% that the spell that did drop will be that specific level.

Zone drops:
Level 66:
-1 @ 20% by 34% from rares in Catacombs, Sewers, Hallows, Dranik, Causeway, Fortress, Slaughter, Proving Grounds

Level 67:
-1 @ 20% by 33% from rares in Catacombs, Sewers, Hallows, Dranik, Causeway, Fortress, Slaughter, Proving Grounds

Level 68:
-1 @ 20% by 33% from rares in Catacombs, Sewers, Hallows, Dranik, Causeway, Fortress, Slaughter, Proving Grounds

Level 69:
-1 @ 5% by 75% from rares in Riftseekers
-2 @ 100% by 100% from events in Dranik, Causeway, Fortress.
-2 @ 100% by 33% from raids in Causeway.

Level 70:
-1 @ 5% by 100% from rares in Anguish
-2 @ 100% by 100% from events in Proving Grounds
-2 @ 100% by 90% from events in Riftseekers
-3 @ 100% by 67% from raids in Causeway
-3 @ 100% by 100% from raids in Dranik, Fortress, Proving Grounds
-3 @ 100% by 75% from raids in Riftseekers

Ancients:
-2 @ 100% by 10% from events in Riftseekers
-3 @ 100 by 25% from raids in Riftseekers
-3 @ 100% by 100% from events in Anguish
-3 @ 100% by 100% from raids in Anguish.

This should help save you lots of time in camping spells in the correct zone!  Good luck!

Deathclaw

so if you do not raid, then soe say you can not have any 69 or 70 spell - nice.

Koullyn

Pickup raids can get lvl 69/70 runes easily out of WoS from what we have seen. There are a few mobs there easily doable by 4+ groups of average geared people. We haven't explored a lot of the other zones, but I have heard of 3 groups taking out mobs dropping 69/70s.
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net

Oneiromancer

Heh.  At first I thought, "even more reason for me to stop at 68".  But then there is a small chance for 69 spells to drop from nameds in Riftseekers...which you need to be 69 to enter.  So looks like I'll be continuing on after a few AAs in 68...especially because I have the feeling I'll be needing to be 70 just to get a group soon enough.  :(

I don't care if Ancient spells drop from raid mobs...that makes sense and is hopefully a fine reward for the raiders.  But for the regular 69/70 spells to be almost impossible get except from raids or "events"...that's just silly.  Even if they're not so hot, they're still a part of normal progression and I don't mind having to group in Riftseeker's or perhaps a high level expedition from Ruined City of Dranik to get them if I think I might have a chance.  So hopefully this list isn't completely correct...and I have my doubts anyway, considering the source.

If those who have 69/70 spells want to comment, that would be great...whether or not they drop from non-raid/event mobs anywhere but Riftseekers, etc.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Deathclaw

i am with Oneiromancer on that - not everyone want to do 3 + group stuff, happy to do 1 group stuff - but if you got to raid to get 69+ spell then i see alot of people quitting over it, and EQ should be rename to everraid.

Eatbugs

That list isn't accurate as far as 69 spells go - Greater Muramite Runes are mildly uncommon drops from just about any one-group named in WoS.  You definitely don't need a raid to get them, I've seen three drop off easy one-group mobs now.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Deathclaw

do you know the names of the names and where they are so i can hunt them Eatbugs?

Koullyn

The instanced zones drop 69s also. If you are so against doing a pickup raid to get your spells then don't get them. It is not much different than how BoT was originally designed to be on runes.
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net

Deathclaw

QuoteIf you are so against doing a pickup raid to get your spells

due to my time zone (new zealand) i can not do pickup raids

QuoteIt is not much different than how BoT was originally designed to be on runes

this is very different - i could get cash and buy the 65 spells, but not the case for the OOW 69+ spells and i do see why i should have to raid to get my standard spell - yes for the big raid spell, but no for my level 70 pet etc.

Oneiromancer

Agreed, very different, when the 65 spells were tradeable once you turned the rune in.  I'm glad to hear confirmation that the 69 runes drop off the nameds in WoS.  According to Allakhazam the level 70 runes can drop from a "single-groupable" named in Ruined City of Dranik, and someone commenting on that article on RPGExpert says that the 70 runes can drop from the named in Muramite Proving Grounds, so I'm glad to hear that this guide is mostly BS at the higher levels.  :)

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Grymlok

This list is phooey =p

I've personally seen a Glowing rune drop off a 1-group rare in Dranik, which according to this list (provided I'm reading it right) says isn't possible.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Eatbugs

Quote from: Deathclawdo you know the names of the names and where they are so i can hunt them Eatbugs?

I'm fairly sure all the wandering named south of the wall in WoS can drop 69 runes. However, the ones I've actually seen them from are the Chimera Deathbringer, Bazu Bonesmasher and Bazu Destroyer.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Nimbin

I picked up a 69 rune off 1 of these 3, can't remember which since we were camping all 3.  Unkun Tendonslicer, Kyv Assasin, Noc Shadowkeeper in WoS.

Shrouded

Also be noted that greater and glowing runes drop from the 1-grouppable named in Riftseekers.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Arkand

Quote from: ShroudedAlso be noted that greater and glowing runes drop from the 1-grouppable named in Riftseekers.

To a lot of us "one groupable" can mean completely different things. I am in a fairly small guild of pretty casual players with maybe 6 people over 65 now, none of us are Elemental geared, most barely lower PoP geared. Some of the "one groupable" mobs I've read about on Allah there is no way we could one group (maybe we could raid it with the whole guild but that would still be very iffy.) I have pretty much resigned myself to only getting any of my 69 & 70 spells if I get lucky in an open raid in the future.
Arkand Wolfpaw of Xev
68 Feral Lord