Main Menu

Muramite Rune Drop Guide

Started by Kunriis, September 30, 2004, 07:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrouded

So glum, don't assume that I only fight with the "uberest of uber".  The named in RS can be taken down with EP+ if everyone knows how to play their classes.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Man0warr

Ukun Tendonslicer, Noc Shadowkeeper, and named kyv all drop 69 runes past wall in WoS too
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Oneiromancer

It is true that "one-groupable" should be translated as "no huge nasty AEs or CH-chain required".  But it should all be taken with a grain of salt anyway...if your cleric and your tank can't handle 65 Hard LDoNs, then they might have trouble with WoS nameds and would definitely be in trouble in MPG.  I think the best way to look at it is if the tank and cleric are doing fine on the trash mobs, and can handle double pulls, then they can handle the normal nameds.  Mobs like Shadowhunter...forget it.  :D

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

negrismorte

Yeah, one-groupable is very different.  Vexd and Tipt are one group events, I have yet to pass either of these because most of the people I group with are LDoN equipped.  Even grouped (as a pick-up 6th) with an "oober group,"  I saw a time equipped tank one rounded by a craig beast (aka trash mob).  In light of this kind of progression, I would like to see the spells tradeable - the 69/70s, not the ancient as I've never had a problem with ancients.

Kitvear

QuoteThe instanced zones drop 69s also. If you are so against doing a pickup raid to get your spells then don't get them. It is not much different than how BoT was originally designed to be on runes.

As designed, my chanter could solo a rune dropping named.   At no time do I recall a raid be formed to take out Hrieder.  Though I'll admit my chanter died a few times trying to solo him.  (well it was mostly due to charm dropping on that kriger right next to him)   65 chanter vs a very mad sov'd kriger and Hrieder equals dead 65 chanter.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=706403

Kitvear 66  Beastlord
Vearlis 67  Chanter
Zebuxoruk

Varigoneq

I have seen a couple of 70th level spells drop in WoS off the standard mobs near the zone in.   Also have seen a 70th level rune drop in the Ruined City after one group killed a named there.   They do drop for single groups but they are fairly uncommon.  

fyi if you go to the Ruined City avoid that floating squid Souldrainer.   He has a nasty AOE and hits like a brick wall.   Definately a raid mob.
Varigon Colvere: 67th level Paladin of Random Acts of Kindness on Morell Thule.
Varigon's Magelo

Aihkhem :65th level Beastlord of Random Acts of Kindness on Morell Thule.
Aihkhem's Magelo

"We believe that everything we do has an impact on everyone else.
When we have love in our hearts we heal the world.
We don't even have to step outside of our door's to do it.
Because love is real, and kindness is love.
                          ~Hamadryad Long (founder of Random Acts)

Eatbugs

Quotefyi if you go to the Ruined City avoid that floating squid Souldrainer. He has a nasty AOE and hits like a brick wall. Definately a raid mob.

He might be one-groupable in high end gear, the three groups we brought for the final epic fight last time had a fairly easy time with him.  If he's up when you go to do the fight, may as well take him down - he hits for ~2500 and has a DR based 750 point AE, (plus a fairly easy to resist AE MR-based blind) but drops some decent chain boots and a reasonably nice caster/priest range item.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Eatbugs

Update to previous post - Souldrainer is a wuss.  One grouped him today with an elemental geared group, SK tanking.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Aeshmal

Another update: the NPC in City of Dranik rumored to be one-groupable and drop glowing runes, Tiorpat, is no longer as easy as he used to be. Bring 3 groups.

Gimrol

Quote from: Kunriis
Level 69:
-1 @ 5% by 75% from rares in Riftseekers
-2 @ 100% by 100% from events in Dranik, Causeway, Fortress.
-2 @ 100% by 33% from raids in Causeway.

I personally got a level 69 rune from Blind Hunter Rekamau in MPG last night.  He's an XP named that is easy to single group.

Oneiromancer

Yeah, this list is pretty inaccurate...some people have gotten 69 runes from normal nameds in WoS.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired