Main Menu

Fire solo at 70

Started by Kaynin, September 30, 2004, 08:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaynin

I've had some success recently soloing in Fire while LFG or just messing around, I like pushing my limits to see what i can get away with.  Assuming charm birds are dead, i set up in the corner where they are pulled to.  Then just pull the giants from c1 and tank them down.  I have decent gear, nothing spectacular and a lot of the new oow spells but this should be doable by most lvl 70 beasts out there.  Xp is about 18% aa / kill and fairly easy.  If you get a caster you're in business, super easy.  If ever you think you may get 2 on a pull just pocket your good pet, and pet pull a single back to the charm bird camp.  That and soloing sol ro are my 2 new fav solo spots

*Edit - don't do try to tank a magma guardian heh, he will pulp you 8)

Koullyn

You can actually pull the Doomfires to that corner pretty easily and they are still good AA exp. At 65 they were 11% each so they should still be about 7% each at 70 and they die fast.
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net

Tzuka

QuoteAssuming charm birds are dead, i set up in the corner where they are pulled to. Then just pull the giants from c1 and tank them down. I have decent gear, nothing spectacular and a lot of the new oow spells but this should be doable by most lvl 70 beasts out there. Xp is about 18% aa / kill and fairly easy.

What giants are you talking about? Because all of the mobs in c1 (first castle) gave me 6%.

Akiah

If you have decent gear and some AA's, you might consider killing doomfires for XP. They generally give about 2 1/2 blues per kill (a bit more I think), and don't take too much longer to beat down than the "x" of fire in castle 1. Now normally, tankin down a doomfire solo would end up eating quite a bit of mana, so thats why you ONLY PICK ON THE CASTERS. They have less HP, and their DPS is significantly lower than their melee counterparts. Doing this, I was managing to get an AA (with vet XP effect on) in about 12-13 minutes...the best I've found so far. Only thing to watch is the doomfire charmers, who can strip your top 4 buffs, and wizards who (rarely) strip your top 2 buffs, so clicky your first 4 if you can. Pulling and clearing to the casters can also be slightly tricky, I'm still learning where exactly the casters spawn, safe routes to get to them, etc, but it LOOKS like I can probably do a cycle (40 mins, I think?) and only have to clear 2-3 melee doomfires (make sure you have enough mana before pullin these, I haveta blow about 2-3 bubbles of mana).

Mahes

Even the normal melee mobs in the first castle are cake.  They miss like crazy and when they do hit, it isn't for much.  I usually turn on Vet reward and clear the front wall, down along the back towards the mephits, and then up the other wall near the named birds.  30 minutes, usually about 3 AAs and I rarely have to heal.

To be fair, I have pretty good gear and AAs, but even moderately equipped BSTs have had much sucess with exp there.  Very good solo spot if you can get in there.

Peteums

Ok I want PoFire Acees is there a way to get Access easily like Sol Ro? or do I have to go through a whole process of getting Ele? if there is an easy way that doesn't involve a raid please let me know 8). Mehas your from Drinal aren't you 8). If a reaid is needed but it involves only taking out 1 Mob in Solro or something I would like to know that also 8) Any help will be appreciated

Shirrkarn Ayge

Only ways to get Fire access are to do the progression up to that point, or get willed in to a Fennin Ro kill and hail the projection.
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Akiah

I was talking about C2 casters, not C1 casters...C2 melee are, although doable, really not mana efficient.

Grbage

There is an alt entrance quest to sol ro. Kill efreeti in western waste(?). Not really sure how the quest goes, did it the ol fashion way. Get origin/gate talisman/potion or whatever to get back out of Sol Ro because the only other way out is ranger gate/summon to lobby for rez.

After the first couple of mobs you will have to pet pull otherwise two mobs will come.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Shieara

Kind of a word of warning here.  We just recently downed Sol Ro, and we ran into a lot of issues with those who had done the alt access quest.  What happened was those who had alternate access to SRT, even if they killed all five mini-bosses, still couldn't go into the chamber on their own.  They were considered piggies.  But anyways we still got most of them flags and got my fire access last night.  I dunno if I am uber enough to handle Fire yet solo but I am gonna die a few times exploring at the very least.

Tastian

There are lots of different spots in fire you can go depending on progression/preferance.  I personally enjoy just plowing through castle1 these days.  However, I used to do castle2 solo when I found it open.  Depending on gear you also might want to mess around in field 1 and go for some spiders and watch for the named in field 1, call in some help and maybe get some SPF/belt/candleToCurseAt.  *shrugs*

KirishuRN

Quote from: Grbage on June 16, 2005, 02:09:37 PM

After the first couple of mobs you will have to pet pull otherwise two mobs will come.

Is there a thread on this. For the life of me I can not figure out how this is done.
Kirishu's Magelo of <Echoes In Eternity> on Rodcet Nife Server

Some people are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your Face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Tastian

Tons of threads on it.  Short version is use a pet that is green to the mobs, send it in, pull it back, don't let it die or pull aggro off it.

Gariyn

Do you think I would be able to solo in fire with my current equipment and aa's. I have access but not to sure where would be the best spot.

Predator Gariyn - 75 - Beastlord - Quellious

Tastian

Yeah you could.  The main thing would be getting used to it and possibly timing.  The mobs there can spike dps pretty high if they triple hit for 700 plus (talking C1 as that's where I'd try if I were you).  Sometimes you have a big string of slow resists too.  I usually have atleast one string of 6+ in the course of a small grinding session.  9+ isn't uncommon. 

Also learn the different mobs there.  If I'm just grinding off vet exp then I won't bother with chaplains because they can CH a lot and I don't always get the pet procs when I need to stop them.  The casters are pretty easy and with AA/lifetaps I don't even bother to slow them hehe.  Again though it will depend.  The mobs are all easily single pullable.  I'd just float over and head out to the charm birds spot, set up and then pull the fire mob there by the steps.  Play it safe at first until you get a feel for it, but you shouldn't have much trouble.