Main Menu

Ogre vs the Sphinx Please Help

Started by Bromby, October 01, 2004, 07:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromby

I am an Ogre bst on Eci with RZ as a patron.  I have done every step and made sure all was done correctly.  Upon hailing the sphinx and dong the text I got the faction increase, and it attacked me.  I zoned and came back, still scowling.  I got an enchanter friend and a druid to help.  Illusions didnt work, as he saw through to my god.  Animal form didnt work.  So we used CoD to charm it.  I did the riddles, and off to the races we went.  Killed first mob, got piece, did everything right, gave to Z Spinx, got scarf.  Had to charm A sphinx and did turn in, and did that fight, looted sullied and handed to a Charmed A Spinx that when I clicked trade it rose from the ground and broke charm and ate the sullied and said I dont deal with trash like you blah blah.  I petitioned.  I got my piece back.  I tried to charm the mob again, noone could charm, cast any spells or attack the A spinx.  Ok i did 1.5 days of solid faction work and am now scowling to both Sphinxes.  However the A spinx does not attack me on site.  So I give it a few crap items and all were given back saying I dont need this Bromby.  So I say ok, here is my epic suillied piece, and it eats it and calls me trash again.  So I petition, bug and feedback it.  A Gm says I have to wait on feedback and bug to work, or a server reset.  So not happy with that answer I petition for my item back.  I get it back after a day and a long explanation.  

The only thing left for me to try is the Invis hand in trick.  Or keep doing faction which is not getting me anywhere it seems.  Ive dont the hail and text again to no avail.  Ive tried to redo the fights, nada.  The A sphinx doesnt help or attack, and cant be attacked or spelled up, puppet strings charm etc.

So what do you all think I should do?  I am really scared of losing my piece again but eager to proceed.  I have asked the GMs for the gift of the sphinx but they want me to wait for it to be fixed.  I do remember killing the beetles in my younger careless years, and I know it takes a lot more faction up, than faction down.  But Ive sat next to the spinx and perma killed it for other beastlords over nite, and also, ran to the far Z beetles every 7 mins and back to Z Spinx for hours on end.  I cant see me trying to get a decent faction with the A spinx at all with this method and 1.5 was not supposed to have any faction involved at all.

So what would you advice?  Any Ogres have similar issues, or does an Ogre have an epic, and tricks?

Bromby of Eci

Wildcaller Bromby Stormstrider
Wildblood of Eci

Fionnah

To put it lightly... you've GOT to be shitting me.  They somehow can't put any faction worth a damn into the game to enhance gameplay, but they can stick MAJOR quests in expansions on mobs that are KOS to us?  When will these people wake up and realize that half assed just isn't good enough?
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Incite

Finished my epic last night.  Faction is not an issue: take someone who can pacify or harmony with you.  Cleric or chanter is best: root & atone & paci.  Remember to hail the sphinx!!!  Then camp out and in if you had aggro - your faction will be at dubious now and that's high enough to do the quest.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Choppin

try invis trick, think that will work
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Fionnah

Invis won't break aggro, but atone/memblur will.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Bromby

I dont think you understand.  The A sphinx on Eci cannot be casted upon or attacked at all.  I have tried a druid and an enchanter to do there thing on the mob.  You could charm it before, but now you can't.

I am very serious and very stuck.

My only options are faction work or invis trick.  I don't see why the invis trick ont work.

Wildblood of Eci

Shadowpaw

Shadowclaw Grimwhisker
General of the Khati Sha
Level 68/33AA, VT
200 Baking, 200 Brewing, 200 Fletching
[Stoic] / Povar

Ogee

buy human illusion potion in the bazaar , i had the same problem as an ogre and it worked for me

Bromby

Wildblood of Eci