Possible Epic piece found - Fierce Spirit Clay

Started by jitathab, September 16, 2004, 10:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Raiding in Plane of Air dropped a

**Fierce Spirit Clay**  
Magic Lore No Drop

From the phoenixs on phoneix isle.

These mobs are one groupable, only one dropped cleared whole island for the ring.

Sounds epic like who knows, posted just incase it crops up.

Nusa

Lore: You think you see heads of beasts in this clay

Worth remembering...

By phoenix isle, you mean the griffons on pegasus isle?

Bengali

No, you're thinking Plane of "Sky".  Plane of "Air" is the PoP elemental plane.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

jitathab

Yeah the one with Xegony in, Erylasi or however its spelt.

Nusa

My mistake....good, I didn't really want to redo sky keys anyway (destroyed em for bank space a while back).

jitathab

Ok this now seems to be confirmed as a part.

The Spiritfrenzied Phoenix has always been up and always dropped the clay on the last three visits to the zone.

Getting there is tricky if Baltador the cursed is up, as he sees through rogue SoS. He also spawns like every 24 hours. His DPS is lowish but has a nasty AE which can be resisted with a Bard quite easily. Pull is tricky for all but FD class.

Tbh the tactic I would suggest if your in a hurry... Pull Baltador to group, necro invis and run up to the next tunnel, camps out for agro,  and SC/Res there. Only thing not sure is whether any see invis mobs at the cross roads. Make sure Necro dont die from dot :p

Next go through Bee island, clear a path to left side, then straight over next island via killing again. Finally you arrive at the island you want. Spiritfrenzied is not near the front of the island, there is an occasional 68-69 wanderer up the tunnel camp. Lots of 67+ mobs to kill to get to it. Mobs will not repop for two hours as part of the Avatar script. Possible mini named will spawn Calebgrothiel. A little nasty for a single group I would expect.

To one group this stage will require the well geared people with good resists a Tank, Cleric, Chanter required, preferably a druid and necro.

Choppin

does he go back to his spawnpoint when no longer aggro ? or could he be pulled all the way to ZI ?

I really dont know anyone who is eager to ever set foot into PoA again, so there is my plan to eventually make the whole thing as painless as possible.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

jitathab

I assume you mean Baltador - yes he wanders back on FD.

If you can get him from the spawn point to zone in I would be amazed.

Getting the Spiritfrenzied to zone in will be probably the most amazing pulling feat in EQ history without pre clearing a lot of mobs, if you manage it post a movie please :)

CoH doesnt work up there either.

Fionnah

Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Felpaw

Quote from: jitathab
Tbh the tactic I would suggest if your in a hurry... Pull Baltador to group, necro invis and run up to the next tunnel, camps out for agro,  and SC/Res there. Only thing not sure is whether any see invis mobs at the cross roads. Make sure Necro dont die from dot :p

If you have the necro camp out then he will not be in group and can no longer SC....

Fionnah

Yeah, but he can FD after a monk runs around training everything... hehe
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Snowmeow

Or he can send an eye down and reinvite people to a group.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=397031" target="_blank" class="postlink">-Snowmeow-
Quellious
http://www.lotuscult.org" target="_blank" class="postlink">-Lotus Cult-

Drakh

My strat for getting past Baltador would be to have a monk (out of the group is best but can use in group if ya like) aggro Baltdor and take him the opposite way round the first isle from the group.
When the tunnel is clear the group moves up invis to the crossroads or next isle.
Meanwhile the monk hightails it to zonein and zones out aggro.
at this point the monk can go do his own thing or if hes part of your group he can zone back in - run past baltador up the tunnel to crossroads and FD - when aggro resets he rejoins group.

Savage Lord Drakh Darkscale, 69.70 Feral Lord, <Europa> Druzzil Ro
"You don't just go around punching people. You have to say something cool first!"- Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boy Scout.[/color]