Main Menu

Noble's Causeway

Started by Tzuka, October 02, 2004, 03:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tzuka

I found a great spot in the north-west part of the zone that gives uber xp and where a named that drops runes can spawn. The camp is to the west of the WoS zone, and the mobs are red dragorns called Elite Dragorns. You take the path from wos zone west past the bridge and it winds thru a tiny valley with a quest npc named Akron Wyrmrunner (or something like that) The dragorns give 6% aa per kill and seem to hit naturally slow and naturally soft - they rarely ever seem to hit me for full dmg. Top hit is around 700. Slow lands for full and they have a decent amount of hp. They do flee when low but dont run very fast - just be sure to pull them t the middle of the little valley with the quest npc so you have room to kill. A named can also roam near the npc called Ridgerunner Durtz (or similar), he drops muramite rune or minor muramite rune and a  necklace with 55hp and stats. There are 6 dragorns at this camp, including the named roamer, but there are more thru the west valley you can pull. Whats interesing is that these dragorns seem to be on muramite faction so they raise your dragorn faction. You can kill the quest npc also without faction hit - he gives 9%.  :) He has a LOT more hp than the others, tho..

Urim

You soloing these or with a group?
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Tzuka

Was solo of course. In fact, i used to be able to solo nearly everything in the zone quite easily. BUT it seems that the zone was nerfed today without any notice. Now the drakorns and various other mobs in the zone mitigate slow and hit somewhat faster and meaner. For example; before today my slows landed for full on battleworn bazus and slalking ferans, but now they mitigate it and hit much faster - it drained all my mana just to kill one feran solo. I never noticed the bazus hitting for 750 before today either. Yesterday i could solo the mindrender camp very easily pulling both anuek/ikaav with only the need to heal myself sparingly in the whole fight, but now they pummel me within 10 seconds of pulling.. and these are CASTER mobs, for petes sakes!

Oh well, back to the drawing board..  :(

Oneiromancer

Look around the boards, they re-added slow mitigation to most OoW mobs, since they had never intended to remove it.  So it wasn't just this zone, it's WoS and Harbingers and the instances, etc...

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Quezic Grahl

Yeah, readding slow mitigation kinda sucks, can still solo the same mobs but it isn't worth the effort anymore with the greater downtime.  I don't mind it on the L60-70+ mobs in WoS, MPG, etc.  Those are higher level zones where people should have to group generally.  If they readded it to harbinger's or the lower level NC mobs, that's just lame.  The mobs near zone in harbinger's are all light blue at L69, so they're like L54 or so, it's stupid to have these things mitigate slow.  Haven't been to harbinger's lately, so can't confirm if they do or not, but others here have said they do...

Anyway, it just makes the little bit of soloing I do even more painful and boring than it already is.  Most mobs in OoW don't seem immune to snare type effects, so I guess it's just melee soloing they want to make more difficult.  Not like the xp was great soloing mobs that hit for 550+ to begin with anyway...when you can go to Droga or somewhere and kill mobs that hit for 160ish, with less hp's, that don't mitigate slow, and don't proc snares, DD's, and DoTs on you all the time.  Makes OoW soloing kinda senseless by comparison.

Iskandar

Only a few mobs in Harbingers mitigate slow. It seems to be random and very uncommon. I spent several hours there yesterday and saw maybe half a dozen mobs who mitigated, from over 100 kills.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Choppin

I killed a bit in Harbingers then a named procced a 1hour lasting curse on me (100 hp / tick and 50 mana / tick), since I am helpless against curses I dont intend to ever go back there. (unless they give bst a way to cure curse)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Oneiromancer

Only the discordling named have that effect...if you are able to avoid them, you'll have a much easier time.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired