Main Menu

Pet Buff Stacking question

Started by hughman, October 04, 2004, 05:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hughman

OK, have seen this several times lately, and am really curious about it.  I am only levle 55 atm and using the 54 pet, but have seen this with the previous one too, iirc.  My guild leader is a really on the ball druid that often buffs the pets, which is a good thing since we seem to have a large number of pet classes in out guild.  I usually buff pet with Spiritua brawn, and Tnarg, and Protect.  On myself I usually don't bother with Tnarg since it doesn't stack with virt/9 and I usually have those up.

I was a bit surprised last week when I noticed 4 little shield emblems on my pet buff box.  Moused over then, and sure enough, pet had Sp Brawn, Tnarg, Protect AND Pot9.  I look at my buff window, and I have Sp Brawn, Protect, and Bot9.   ???  Ok, I think to myself, maybe I have been wrong.  So I load up Tnarg and cast it on myself and sure enough it doesn't stick.  Am I missing something here?  are pets on a different stacking list or something?  If so, has anyone parsed it to see if all the buffs are in effect?

(p.s.  I am mostly certain that protect was there, but not 100%, I am 100% about the 9, and Sp Brawn.)

I was using Bond of the Wild, because I hate buffing my pet every 15 mins and hadn't dinged to 55 quite yet.  And I did notice that Tnarg and the Wild recourse overwrite each other.

Thanks all!

Tahnel, 55 BL (65 bard)

Oneiromancer

Here's the list of what's on the same stacking as Tnarg: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/stacking.html?id=167&source=Test .  Virtue/9 should stack with it no problem...the only thing on there you need to worry about are Shaman buffs like Focus of the Seventh and Harnessing of Spirit.  And as you pointed out Bond of the Wild doesn't stack with it...looks like at your level they're the exact same amount of hp anyway so it's no big deal.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

TheOriginalGronker

Pet buffs behave exactly the same way as your own personal buffs.  You are mistaking some of the buffs on you/pet if you weren't seeing they were working the same way.