Main Menu

Epic 2.0 The Sticky!

Started by jitathab, October 04, 2004, 03:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Part 1

After turning in piece from Erena Farrel to recieve Epic 1.5.

'I am honored to have had the opportunity to observe you -- a feral champion for the ills that have befallen our kind. You have certianly made your name known among us. While the spirit world is not freed from danger, it is much more promising with all that you've done. Take this token of our appreciation. It may appear to be too much right now, but it will be very important should you [wish to continue to walk among the elders] of the lords and beasts.'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:22 2004] You say, 'wish to continue to walk among the elders'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:22 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'So eager to improve yourself, hm? This is encouraging indeed. You must understand that the path from here on out is full of brambles and you will need to acquire great knowledge of the spirit of the warder that you control. There is still much that you do not [know].'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:24 2004] You say, 'know'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:25 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'The terrible fate of the spirits in Discord is not over it seems. While we set back the efforts of that dark animist of that realm, it has simply recreated itself and once again threatens the spirits of our warders. We are [learning] more, however.'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:32 2004] You say, 'learning'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:32 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'I'm sure you recall the totem you found on that animist. Well, we have studied it in great detail and we need to create a counterpart to it. This requires a great deal of skill and may take some time to complete. This is not a [task] you will be able to fulfill on your own, so you may consider amassing a group of Norrathians that might be willing to help the conservation of the beastlords.'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:48 2004] You say, 'task'
[Fri Sep 24 14:40:49 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'You must create a totem that is bound to the wild spirits as well as your own. At one time in their lives, each elder has had one. We used it to focus the power of our warders to make them stronger and to bond them to our own spirits. It is time for you to take on this labor of life, now that you are well on the path to becoming one with the elders. Are you [prepared] to do this?'
[Fri Sep 24 14:41:00 2004] You say, 'i am prepared'
[Fri Sep 24 14:41:00 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'This is good news. I had no doubt you were ready. First, take this piece of wood. It is the first item you will need in creating your totem. It is a unique piece of wood and one of few that has been collected by the elders. Keep it with you. Now, there are several other [things] you will need to find as part of this journey.'
[Fri Sep 24 14:41:11 2004] You say, 'things'
[Fri Sep 24 14:41:11 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'There is a creature of dark repute in a realm of winds that holds clay made malleable with magic. Once the shape of a beast is made with it, it can aid us to summon those forms from the wild. We have found a way to refine it to help us summon the strongest and most loyal warders. [There is more] too.'
[Fri Sep 24 14:41:42 2004] You say, 'there is more'
[Fri Sep 24 14:41:42 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'A somewhat peaceful, if not fickle sort, nearby one of our dearest elders in a forest has been touched by the seeping of Discord into Norrath. It has become quite sickly with a dark magic and it has caused it to become extremely violent and seeking blood. Our elder, someone you know, escaped its power and wrath once, but you must help. This creature carries a magical blood which we will use for your totem to honor the lost wild spirits this creature consumed. I understand this creature was strengthened by taking the life of a noble and ancient wolf of our [world].'
[Fri Sep 24 14:42:09 2004] You say, 'world'
[Fri Sep 24 14:42:10 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'I suppose many worlds have strife, but Norrath is in grave danger and folk all over argue and bicker like never before. To this day, the Vah Shir have been battling with the grimlings. Many beastlords have helped Scout Husman in the past, but something has changed and not just any beastlord can overcome this new [problem].'
[Fri Sep 24 14:42:17 2004] You say, 'problem'
[Fri Sep 24 14:42:17 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'You may need companions to aid you, which will test your strengths as a leader and a true lord of beasts. Tell Scout Husman you wish to end the great threat in the Grimling Forest and he will brief you. There are two pieces worn about the necks of as many grimlings. We need those trinkets and they will be difficult to obtain. The two brother grimlings have strengthened beyond our control and are powerful with the help of magic of the wilds. We need the precious metal and magic held in their trinkets and to end their threat. When you have these items, you must return to me at once and tell me that you wish to [make the totem]. Good luck, fair feral one.'

You Recieve
[Fri Sep 24 14:47:06 2004] You say, 'Peculiar Unshapen Piece of Wood'

The Parts

Grimling Medallions

Found in Grimling Forest from apparent random spawn mobs, hailing Scout Husman reveals.

[Tue Sep 28 18:27:04 2004] You say, 'I wish to end the great threat in the grimling forest'
[Tue Sep 28 18:27:05 2004] Scout Husman says 'Ah, I see you have come to help with the growing problem in the forest with the Grimlings. They were already a big enough problem, but some have changed and become ever more powerful and twisted. There are two in particular trying to amass a powerful following. You will mostly likely find them wandering in the forest from time to time as they recruit. Good luck to you friend.'

Colonel stationary at -240, 100 then roamed to +480, -750 and stopped again. Killing Colonel spawned the general which was roaming and stopped at +500, +400

However - it is said they are random spawns also.

Both dropped the eerie medallion http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=57025.

The Blood

Jagged Pine

Dismal Darkpaw Mystic in JP spawned at +3400 +380 in the gnoll caves Hit for 921 max, fully slowable and AE's Cessation of Health http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4430&source=Test.

Drops the Gnoll Blood

The Clay

Erylasi the Kingdom of Wind

Drops from the Spritfrenzied Phoenix on Phoenix Isle. Respawns when ring resets,  approx 2 hrs.

Drops

Fierce Spirit Clay

Also see this thread http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3688

WIth the parts go and see Muada

[Fri Oct 01 01:11:53 2004] You say, 'make the totem'
[Fri Oct 01 01:11:54 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'Very well. You must now fashion the shape of the totem and imbue it with what you have collected, but not without this bit of beastlord magic. The elders fashion this essence rarely, so treat it with care. You will need to take the clay, the medallion, wood I gave you, and the essence and learn which to craft together. Then, use this mold with the clay and you will have completed your first step. Return to me and tell me that you are finished with this important duty. Be careful.'

The Combine

Do the Combines in POK - grats on those solving, and efforts and theory to get there - Dreambringer credited with *actual* combine, though others may have suggested earlier.

Step 1
The kiln in pok behind the main bank.
Combine 2 medallions, blood and clay (100 pottery skill required)

Step 2
Then, Take gilded clay, wood and essence to oven over by main bank combine for new totem. (100 baking skill required)

Step 3
Then, take totem and mold to forge over by there. Combine for Spiritbound Totem (100 blacksmithing required)

Hand in the totem to Muada..

Text from Muada after obtaining Spiritbound Totem

You say ' I have finished the important duty'

Elder Animist Muada says ' Now you have a fine instrument which is a reminder of your ascendance as a beastlord. Keep it close to your heart as you need that item of your very essence if you choose to advance further as an animist. Now...to continue your journey. First you must once again help to rescue the tortured spirits of our kin. The seething darkness in Discord has once again [trapped spirits] of the wild that we implore you to retrieve.

You say 'What trapped spirits'

Elder Animist Muada says ' There are discordant beasts that have become twisted through no fault of their own. You may think of it as a spiritual plage, whicha has us mystified, but we need these creatures stopped. As they grow more infected with spirits, their strength is growing out of contol. We need you to go to that realm and find the source of the problem. They are incredibly large beasts, so beware and do not go alone. Go seek the scout.'

Part 2 - Find the Scout, and kill something probably

Ok now we are looking for a scout to do something with.

Rukok_AB

Hi Im new on the board.

Found my way here when I was looking for a good place to gather information on the new epics.

Just tried the Jaggedpine Forest gnoll event and I can tell you there is a surprise for you.

SoE took down that zone yesterday or the day before for a quick update and it apparently concerns the Dismal darkpaw mystic.

He has a 6K proc now.

Think its a lifetap just not sure. It got scrolled out of my screen and I wasnt logging it (thought it was a cakewalk  :(  )

Anyway we got him to 20% before cleric called oom.

Group I tried with... (and I thought I was overdoing it)

69 beastlord (tanking with raid buffs 9.6K hp, 1650 ac)
70 cleric
70 wizard
69 wizard

Wizards reported that one was at 15% mana and the other was oom.

We are time geared with a few pieces of qvic quest armor each.

Hes got some heavy duty hp or that 6K wowser is a lifetap.

He caught me with my pants down. Next time Ill have to bring more people. Sorry I cant show hard data but like I said this was very unexpected. My friends wasnt keen on trying it again. It was late so we did not try a second time.

Hope this helps.

Tarsq

Think the DD is Cessation of Life http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4435&source=Test always had it I think. As far as I can tell it aint a lifetap he just regens very fast.
Tarsq of Test

Mhadmikail

:shock:

Sorry but he does not regen very fast at all.

:shock:

Aeshmal

EDIT: it's early, I'm stupid. Never mind!   :arrow:

Eatbugs

Quote from: AeshmalCessation of Health on Dismal Darkpaw Mystic is (thankfully) not an AE. Best current guess is that it's a timed single-target spell effect, like a proc but statically timed.

Lucy shows it as a 400 range PBAE... Cessation of Health.

Maybe you're thinking of Cessation of Life?  He appears to use both.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Aeshmal

Ah, so it does. I mistook the one for the other. Silly similar spell names!

Choppin

Since I cant find it mentioned so far:

the grimling colonel and general are very weak, maybe 1/4th as strong as the maidenseye wolf from epic1.5

they hit for 470 tops I think, but they seem to not hit or melee very sporadicl and just cast or whatever, can really take on both at once if needed

I spotted general near p 770, p400, seemed stuck (swimming in the air) on some bush

--------------

the gnoll in JP (is only up after talking with rashara in the zone) got a 6k dmg proc, that kinda made my duo (me + clr) attempt fail "Cessation of Life"
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Aeshmal

It's not a proc. It's a timed (30 second) single-target DD.

Choppin

well it hit me with it twice within 10 sec /shrug, I know what lucy says and what happened to me
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Aeshmal

Interesting. When we fought him, he cast it every 30 seconds like clockwork. I timed it because I didn't trust Lucy. Perhaps we just got strangely lucky?

Musogi

I'm not at this point in the quest yet, but just using common sense...
You're essentially making a copy of 1.5

I would guess whittle the wood into the shape, insert medallions, cover in clay to mold the shape of the beast, blood sound like its used as a laquer or glaze or used to make some kind of laquer or glaze, essense to bring it to life.

Quinnotetiquan

Quote from: MusogiI'm not at this point in the quest yet, but just using common sense...
You're essentially making a copy of 1.5

I would guess whittle the wood into the shape, insert medallions, cover in clay to mold the shape of the beast, blood sound like its used as a laquer or glaze or used to make some kind of laquer or glaze, essense to bring it to life.
Or part of it

Cetathia

"You will need to take the clay, the medallion, wood I gave you, and the essence and learn which to craft together."

Hmm could it be we have to talk to yet another NPC, to learn to do the needed combine. Makes sence to learn it before actually doing it, even tho it isnt even hinted, in the words from Muada! I just hope we dont have to find a NPC that has the annoying 2 hour up, 2 hour down cycle  :shock:
Cetathia, Lady in leather!

Maylian

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I found that the Grimling Colonel was stuck in the wall between grimling camp near TM and where his later roam spot is. Used a ranger to track him there and he agro'd when within range.