Main Menu

The Combine

Started by Graace, October 04, 2004, 05:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volsykat

I've heard there's a stopgap on the 2.0's not being able to be completed at the moment...some mobs not spawning, encounters blocked purposely by SoE, something...could this be ours?  Seems earlier than the others, but still...could it be the recipe isn't in yet?
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Falkonik

I highly doubt this is the stopgap. The stopgap atm on most if not all 2.0's is the orb from Citadel of Anguish because the keyquest for that zone has not yet been discovered. This combine should be possible atm, just missing something, like we were with the 3rd riddle.

Falkonik Cloudreaper
Blades of Wrath
Torvonillous

Sharrien

The clue mentions clay made malleable with magic.  Have we combined the clay with each of the types of bottled mana that chanters make?

The same clue also says "once the shape of the beast is made with it".  May have to make it malleable first, but we could also then try to combine it with an idol sketch or maybe (don't laugh too hard) an animal cookie cutter.

I don't have the clay yet myself so I can't experiment on my own.  Worth a shot anyway.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Sharrien

Forgive me if this was already mentioned and I couldn't find it, but Muada says "When you have these items, you must return to me at once and tell me that you wish to [make the totem]."

Anyone tried saying "I am ready to make the totem" WHILE HOLDING the wood, clay, blood and two grimling medallions?
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Shadowpaw

>  The stopgap atm on most if not all 2.0's is the orb from Citadel of Anguish because the keyquest for that zone has not yet been discovered.

It has. You just aren't being told about it. :)
Shadowclaw Grimwhisker
General of the Khati Sha
Level 68/33AA, VT
200 Baking, 200 Brewing, 200 Fletching
[Stoic] / Povar

Fionnah

Any chance that we've went to each of the 5 masters and tried giving them the items or just talked to them?  They were working on learning about warders and improving them when we went to talk to them, maybe they have to do something to the items or maybe it's just a flagging thing, where once you chat with them and get the information, you can do the combine.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Choppin

can "husman" (sp) do anything with the 2 grimling medaillons ?
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Ogee

Quote from: Choppincan "husman" (sp) do anything with the 2 grimling medaillons ?

No i tried it

zmanone

This may be a wild one, but remember the LoY spell Bond of the wild?  It's spell discription states that it "creates a magical bond between you and your warder" the spell also increases pets strength.  Could be something we need to do with either the NPC we got the spell from or something with the spell itself.  I don't have all the parts yet so can't really play around with it.  Should get them in the next couple of days.

Zmanone

Edit: another idea - tried combining the animal template with the clay yet?

Tigjer_TR

In the Kejek village in SB mountains there is a building that contains a Forge, a Kiln, and a pottery wheel.

When you talk to one of the NPC's there

Emylie Steelclaws says 'Our forge has received the blessings of the Titan Spirits to burn with a supernatural flame! This flame has many beneficial properties but most importantly it can aid in freeing the spirits that have been imprisoned in materials by evil sorcerers.

Maybe we need to use this forge I tried some combines will try more later

This forge is part of a quest but it may also be used in ours here is the linc to the quest
http//everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1282

Fionnah

Many are KoS at the start to Kerrans and I haven't found a non-quest way to fix it.
Fionnah Shrekswife
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Tigjer_TR

What is interesting is that the hammer is only equipable by evil races it has an evil deity restriction but you can still use it in the forge.

Kejekan Smithy Hammer
LORE ITEM  NO DROP  
Slot PRIMARY  SECONDARY  
Skill 1H Blunt  Atk Delay 42
DMG 5  
WT 18.0    Size SMALL
Class WAR CLR PAL RNG SHD DRU MNK BRD ROG SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC BST
Race ALL
Deity Bertoxxulous Cazic-Thule Innoruuk Rallos Zek
Slot 1, type 4 empty

and the final quest hammer

Soulforge Hammer
MAGIC ITEM  
Slot PRIMARY  SECONDARY  
Skill 1H Blunt  Atk Delay 40
DMG 6  
WT 18.0    Size SMALL
Class WAR CLR PAL RNG SHD DRU MNK BRD ROG SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC BST
Race ALL
Deity Bertoxxulous Cazic-Thule Innoruuk Rallos Zek

I tried almost every combination of items in that forge and still no luck
Maybe need something else or need pottery first

jitathab

So we are completly stuck it seems :/

Fionnah

Well, I don't really know what we've tried yet.

The Kerrans are going to be a no-go, they are KoS to most of the BST races from the start.  I'm not sure if we've talked to all of the masters to see if they have anything to say about the combine though.  I'm suspecting that it's either a combine in a special container (Dalnir's forge, racial forge, special drop item...) or you have to get a flag from talking to someone before you do the combines.  Either is just as likely.
Fionnah Shrekswife
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Dreambringer

Anyone try using the LDON pools?