Main Menu

The Combine

Started by Graace, October 04, 2004, 05:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigjer_TR

Can Tastian confirm that the combine is on live servers and is not bugged?
Or is the NPC we need to hail actually spawning, even if this npc is invisible at the bottom of the lake in AkAnon below the junk yard?

On a side note there is aneasy way to raise faction with the
Kejek's or even to obtain the hammers and use the forge while KoS

A part of the Spirit Aid quest. I posted linc earlier.

The part where you give the oak shaft and Large brick of HQ ore to Emylie Steelclaws will give you the faction hits youre looking for.

Oak Shaft is sold right next to this NPC while the bricks are sold in Bazaar

Once you give to Emylie Steelclaws, you will get a kejekan smithy hammer.

You also get faction
Do this a few times and you are not kos (not sure on number)

INVIS TRADING DOES STILL WORK. If you give an NPC an item, then have someone invis you, IT WILL WORK.  Give - Invis - Trade DOES WORK.

Tigjer_TR

Another place to try the combines is in SSRA in the basement.

Tigjer_TR

Sorry for multiple posts.

After today's patch all the items we got for combine now say may be used in tradeskills.

so the combine may not have been in.

Aspro

Anyone tried the different combine since the last patch ?

Marshed

has anyone tried using the brooch you recieved in 1.5 that has no real use in the combines?  I'm not at this point yet, but its a possibility
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=610151>Marshed Portatos
66th Beastlord on http://www.ayonae.ro>Ayonae Ro
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=15888>Sensei Choppin Blok
Transcendent (mostly retired) on http://www.ayonae.ro>Ayonae Ro
Officer of http://www.vallisaspectus.org>Vallis Aspectus

Trivist Ironstorm
54th Paladin on Solusek Ro(retired)

VahlaraEQ-Dev

Just to be clear, this combine has been working since release.

As more people get to this portion of the quest, more will be experimenting.  You'll get there.  I have faith in the feral!

As much as I want to give you hints...

Good luck!

Vahlar

Dreambringer

Thank you, people needed that post. But, really bites is no leads in game. People that follow behind us will just have to do the combines or what not while the pioneers have to suffer. But, again thanks for the heads up. At least we know its a combine.

Wildcaller Dreambringer Pezdispenser
"The Growl of the Wudan beasts."
Proud member of Wudan on Rallos Zek

TalleyRN

Alright, i'm looking up other totem created items on EQtraders, maybe we have to follow the same recipe as those. /shrug

Saranya

QuoteAlright, i'm looking up other totem created items on EQtraders, maybe we have to follow the same recipe as those. /shrug

EQTraders ... totems ... pottery

I'm out of EQ for awhile, but has anyone tried the combine in a pottery wheel with sculpting tools? (didn't see it listed, but I may have easily missed reading it)
Elder Saranya - 66 Beastlady - Luclin Server (on sabbatical)

Sharrien

Since the clues suggest that the clay combine is done later, how about starting with the wood?  I was thinking maybe wood+whittling knife and maybe the essence or blood in a fletching kit.  Planing tool is another possibility even tho it doesn't make a whole lot of logical sense.  Maybe even something really out there like trying the above combines with an idol sketch, but still in the fletching kit.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Tigjer_TR

Quote from: SharrienSince the clues suggest that the clay combine is done later, how about starting with the wood?  I was thinking maybe wood+whittling knife and maybe the essence or blood in a fletching kit.  Planing tool is another possibility even tho it doesn't make a whole lot of logical sense.  Maybe even something really out there like trying the above combines with an idol sketch, but still in the fletching kit.

I did clay in potery wheel with sculpting tools.
Also did Wood in every combination with whitling knife and planar tool
Nothing.
I took out all my trade stuff from the 8th shawl quest and been doing recepies between raids. I have not found any comboes.
My next step will be gpoing to SSRA and seeing if I can use the forge there to combine 2 medalions into 1.

I think that the most rproductive way we can do this is for someone good with Exel to do a table with all possible combines and then everyone take maybe 100 each and try them we are bound to eventually hit it.

Fionnah

I am a little encouraged by the fact that she said "more experimenting" instead of "looking around more", meaning that we've got everything that we need, but we just haven't found the container/tool combination that we need.

Known smithing implements:

Smithing hammer
Humming Luclinite Hammer
that Vah Shir anvil that goes with the hammer
the Hammer for the Vellious quest

I'm sure we can make a list of everything here, then it's just a matter of time.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Eatbugs

Don't forget files and smithing chisels when you're thinking about known smithing components.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Quinnotetiquan

I think Clay, 2 medals, wood and essence and/or possibly blood sounds promising. So does Clay, 2 medals, essence and/or blood and sculpting tools. Anyone tried those combines in all tradeskills yet?

Sharrien

If we're talking smithing then don't forget silver, elctrum, gold, platinum, velium and all the enchanted versions of the same.  Plus there's also all the PoP metals and bits of this and that.  Eqtraders has over 14,000 items in it's database.  Expecting us to find a completely random combine or series of combines without any clue whatsoever is asking a little much.

It would reduce the problem to manageble levels if the devs could slide us just a little clue, like the combine uses only the stuff provided/dropped in the quest, or uses only that stuff with a tool.  At least tell us if we can cut out the hundreds of thousands of possibilities created if we have to consider all the other tradeskill drops out there.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre