Main Menu

The Combine

Started by Graace, October 04, 2004, 05:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graace

Didn't want to clutter up the sticky for 2.0 with suggestions...  But to me the recipe mentioned below, sounds like a fletching recipe... making things out of various things and shaping wood.

The Combine

Ok now we are stuck, tried combining everything we have in all common tradeskill containers.

Parts are

Peculiar unshappen piece of wood - Muada?
Fierce spirit clay - Erylasi
Scalding blood - Gnoll
Combined essence - muada?
Eerie medallion x 2 - Grimlings
Elder's Totem mold - Muada
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

Giledorm

From another Thread:
Quote[Fri Oct 01 01:11:54 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'Very well. You must now fashion the shape of the totem and imbue it with what you have collected, but not without this bit of beastlord magic. The elders fashion this essence rarely, so treat it with care. You will need to take the clay, the medallion, wood I gave you, and the essence and learn which to craft together. Then, use this mold with the clay and you will have completed your first step. Return to me and tell me that you are finished with this important duty. Be careful.'
2 things:
Do we have GM tradeskillers attempting this?  In Epic 1.5, you couldn't attempt the combine unless you had 100 skill in tailoring.  Perhaps for 2.0, you need 200 or better (hope not).

Also, has anyone tried using their fletching skill on the wood?  Maybe with something like a Whittling Blade?  The text does say we're supposed to fashion the shape of the totem, and the item description for that piece is an "Peculiar unshappen piece of wood".  Just a thought.  Hopefully I'll be finishing 1.5 soon (2 more fights), so I can contribute to the experimentation.. :)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Ryessa

well mold + clay definitely equates to pottery.. unfortunately you probably need to make the other combine first due to the flagging?

so the question becomes, do you have to combine other items with the clay, or is it one seperate combine to make the totem then a second for clay + mold.

trying each combination of ingredients at random is not going to get anywhere unless we get very lucky, so from the text..

"You will need to take the clay, the medallion, wood I gave you, and the essence and learn which to craft together."

I'd try every combination of those 4 in each tradeskill container (5 if there are two different medallions?  and have some of the "secondary" ones been tried, like mixing bowl or mortar and pestle, or any of the Planar kits?)

With 4 items, there's 11 combinations to try:
1 combo of all 4
4 combos of 3 items
6 combos of 2 items

If we need to get into the tradeskill tools, then there are soooo many combinations I don't want to think about it.

Krah

Im a little confused here...

Since when do you use a mold in pottery?

Doesn't pottery use clay and patterns?

So wouldnt the mold be used with the metal from the medalions?

Just trying to stick to normal conventions is all.

Krah
Krah Daddie
Level 70 Beastlord
Erollis Marr

Giledorm

Normally I would agree with you, except that's the only text in the riddle that muada gives up explicitly. :)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Cetathia

I have
250 Jewelcraft
250 Pottery
250 Fletching
250 Brewing
250 Baking
219 Smithing (have a 10% modifier)
192 Tailoring (with geerlok it is above 200 (5%))

i have tried all 1, 2, 3 and 4 combines in all 7 of those above mentioned tradeskills, and nothing combined.

I have tried with whittling blade and planning tool for fletching.

I have tried with smithy hammer, forging hammer, file, smithing chisel, humming luclinite mallet, vah shir anvil in a forge, but only with blood, essence and medals (water too).

Keep posting ideas, when i get a spare momment i will try a spit, mortar and pestle and other suggestion mentioned here. :-)
Cetathia, Lady in leather!

cassaya

Muada gives you the wood, but says that you need some essence that the beastlord elders rarely fashion.

Has anyone figured out what this essence is or where it comes from? It seems a bit premature to be trying combines if we dont have all the parts yet.

Cassaya Catnip
Beastlord - Endorean - Luclin
Cassaya Catnip
70th Vah Shir Wildblood
Sheep ~ Luclin

Kilantiz Kylong

Quote from: cassayaMuada gives you the wood, but says that you need some essence that the beastlord elders rarely fashion.

Has anyone figured out what this essence is or where it comes from?

Cassaya Catnip
Beastlord - Endorean - Luclin

All 3 provided by Muada:

Peculiar unshapen Piece of Wood: after you complete 1.5
Combined Essence: recieved after you have collected the four items.
Elders Totem Mold:  recieved after you have collected the four items.

Four items to collect:
Eeri Medalion (x2) : General / Colonel
Fierce Spirit Clay: Pheonix
Scalding Blood : 100 FT. Gnoll

I am still trying various combines (bowels ...etc.) - and still no sign of either a failed combine or success =/

Even my jewel craft combines came to a road block.

Still recieve the messege: You are unable to combine in this container type.

Perhaps there is a specific quested "No Drop" container type or perhaps another NPC that perhaps was designed to assist with these combines?

Just my guess at this point ......
Elder Kilantiz Kylong
Fires of Heaven

Tchara

I am not this far along in this quest but I have been following this closely.  One thing that caught my eye was this:

QuoteYou will need to take the clay, the medallion, wood I gave you, and the essence and learn which to craft together.

He specifically says "the medallion," not medallions.

Also, there is this:

QuoteThere are two pieces worn about the necks of as many grimlings.

Two pieces, not two medallions.  This seems to imply that these medallions are 2 pieces of a whole.

I'm not sure if it's been tried but perhaps the madallions can be combined using smithing or jewelcraft.  It's also possible that some form of temper or tool may be required.

just my 2 cp's worth...
-T

Falkonik

well, this is a longshot regarding the 2 medallions. i remember way back when i did my 1.0 i was speaking to an npc in the Grimling Forest camp and he said something about parts of a key that would take you to the Master, the leader of the grimlings. if i remember correctly, he mentioned medallions. anyone try finding this npc and trying to have him make the key from the medallions?

Eatbugs

He was talking about the key to inner Acrylia Caverns, which doesn't exist anymore.  I've tried talking to most of the NPCs in Grimling Forest about this now, with no results - I may try it again after I finally get the blood and talk to Muada.  (It's possible the NPCs that only show up in the camp near TM when you've completed all the battles in GF would have something to say on the subject.)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

jitathab

Teh key to acrylia is the Medallion of the Hero of Sha Vahl, It is still obtainable.

Do all 9 Grim forest camps, then the final event in the village and mob there always drops it.

Last bit need 8 people - purely to block the respawns.

After getting the medallions did anyone talk again with Scout Husman or the general perhaps, or did they not tak to scout before triggering them?

As soon as I get past the crappy ME camp ill be flying along the rest. I think 5 bsts in guild now has the Fierce clay.

janabell

any one try givieng the 2 medallins to Scout Husman  maybe he gives you the full pice.
Janabell 75 Beast Lord
Guild Member of Iratus Lepus

Eatbugs

QuoteTeh key to acrylia is the Medallion of the Hero of Sha Vahl, It is still obtainable.

Ah, you're right - it is obtainable, it's just no longer a key.  (I was thinking of the alternative quest, the one involving drops from outer acrylia mobs.)

Talking to Husman doesn't trigger the General or the Colonel, unfortunately. (Believe me, I tried that - would have been a lot easier camping them if that were the case.)   I've tried talking to Husman after obtaining both, but he doesn't seem to say anything new, nor do any of the others.  I may try handing him the medallions if I get desperate enough, but since it appears that Muada won't talk to you about the next step until you've gotten all four drops, (and he will talk to you with the two medallions the way they start out) I doubt they need to be exchanged through another NPC before the combine.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Drakh

QuoteTwo pieces, not two medallions. This seems to imply that these medallions are 2 pieces of a whole.

When you put on clothes each garment is refered to a piece of clothing - this doesnt mean you rip the sleeves off ya shirt and put them on seperately :) :wink:

Also if you wear 2 rings each is refered to as a piece of jewelry.

Savage Lord Drakh Darkscale, 69.70 Feral Lord, <Europa> Druzzil Ro
"You don't just go around punching people. You have to say something cool first!"- Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boy Scout.[/color]