Main Menu

Final Fight, Just Little Suggestion

Started by Catgal, October 08, 2004, 08:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BriguyFV

I think you need to start gathering at the point that it despawns. We had a beastlord on our server that tryed this and didn't get everyone gather fast enough and it despawn before we could get there. What a pain.
Briguy Theomega, 70 seasons/425+ AAs Beastlord

Member of the Chivalrous Valor
Member of the Planar Campaign
FV Server

Shrouded

Learn patience and time the spawn, it's not that big of a deal.  Want to make sure the mob doesnt despawn before you trigger the event?  Call your otm 30 minutes before shes due to pop.  Seriously, complaining about things that are not that big of a deal is why a lot of stuff goes undone because they have to run an analysis of the situation, evaluate it, etc... just like any company's dev team.  Does it suck to have to wait another 2 hours to get your epic after you complete the event?  Yup, but why complain about something that can be done at your leisure?

One thing that does need to be changed about this, however, is the druid epic 1.5 mob being in the same room.  The druid that I had come to help had even finished that portion of the quest and their mob still spawned.  This IS an issue because it can actually cause you to lose your event say if you trigger it, you set up, a druid arrives to help when you only have say 20 minutes to complete the event, and then have to wait 20 minutes for their mob to despawn.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

negrismorte

Quote from: ShroudedLearn patience and time the spawn, it's not that big of a deal.  Want to make sure the mob doesnt despawn before you trigger the event?  Call your otm 30 minutes before shes due to pop.  Seriously, complaining about things that are not that big of a deal is why a lot of stuff goes undone because they have to run an analysis of the situation, evaluate it, etc... just like any company's dev team.  Does it suck to have to wait another 2 hours to get your epic after you complete the event?  Yup, but why complain about something that can be done at your leisure?

One thing that does need to be changed about this, however, is the druid epic 1.5 mob being in the same room.  The druid that I had come to help had even finished that portion of the quest and their mob still spawned.  This IS an issue because it can actually cause you to lose your event say if you trigger it, you set up, a druid arrives to help when you only have say 20 minutes to complete the event, and then have to wait 20 minutes for their mob to despawn.

This is a big deal for me and people in my situation - guildless (by choice and for a variety of reasons).  Consequently, this will be a pick-up raid of friends and mercenaries.  Making them wait on a goofed up spawn is just retarded.

Dummkopf

Its kinda stupid in general. In my situation its nearly impossible to do the final fight. There are nights where we do several epic fights one after another and chaining one or 2 druids with a bst would be really nice, however it is an issue of having the trigger up (which wasnt up on all our last tries).

Shrouded

I've said it once, I'll say it again.  TIME THE SPAWN-DO NOT TAKE A RAID THERE WITHOUT MAKING SURE IT WILL BE UP!

I would assume that most of you are newer players and have never experienced contested mobs, either.  Imagine that you are in Sebilis awaiting Trakanon to spawn.  You look around you and see the other 3 guilds camping him, just waiting for that first hit and the claim that the mob is theres.  Whoever has their timer correct will get the spawn.  Same situation with this except it is not contested.

It gets tiring explaining to people that you have 2 options:  (1) OTM your force blindly and hope the NPC does not despawn-- or --(2) Take some initiative to complete a quest that is supposed to be long, frustrating, annoying, and rewarding by timing a 2 hour mob.

---BTW, I'm done posting on this.  I have had my epic 1.5 for 1 week because I actually took some initiative instead of whining about it and delaying real issues that need to be addressed.  I have never had a signature but I'm making one now since everybody wants the world handed to them.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Aeshmal

Good lord, this is so easy. Find her up. Trigger your fight.

Then call your raid. Once you trigger the spawn, you have a guaranteed hour to finish the event.

It better not take you an hour to get people into position. It shouldn't even take half that.

negrismorte

Quote from: AeshmalGood lord, this is so easy. Find her up. Trigger your fight.

Then call your raid. Once you trigger the spawn, you have a guaranteed hour to finish the event.

It better not take you an hour to get people into position. It shouldn't even take half that.

OMG, I dont think most of my friends could mobilize to PoK while in a zone with a book within a 1 hour period.  Spent 4 hours playing gems the other day (not really, was doing house work) while waiting on an AD pick up raid.  That is the norm for some of us.

Dummkopf

Just wait til your guild does a druid fight again and check for your trigger, if its up sneak out at 10% of the druid mob hp and trigger your event as soon as the druid has lootet :)

Well, its nicer if you tell them before you do of course ;)

Ekss

Quote from: ShroudedI've said it once, I'll say it again.  TIME THE SPAWN-DO NOT TAKE A RAID THERE WITHOUT MAKING SURE IT WILL BE UP!
That assumes you're in a guild where you can call a raid at short notice. I think most of those complaining are in smaller or non-raiding guilds where people can't or aren't willing to drop everything for this kind of raid (or they may even not be in a guild at all, and hope to schedule something for a group of friends).

Quote from: ShroudedI would assume that most of you are newer players and have never experienced contested mobs, either.  Imagine that you are in Sebilis awaiting Trakanon to spawn.  You look around you and see the other 3 guilds camping him, just waiting for that first hit and the claim that the mob is theres.  Whoever has their timer correct will get the spawn.  Same situation with this except it is not contested.
Do you think contested spawns are a good thing?
If not, why are you using them to justify this spawn?
If you believe they are a good thing, I think you'll find that there are very few people who would agree with you. I most certainly don't.

Quote from: ShroudedTake some initiative to complete a quest that is supposed to be long, frustrating, annoying, and rewarding by timing a 2 hour mob.
It is? I thought this was a game people played for fun, and that therefore quests were supposed to be fun.
Just because it's 'epic' does not mean it has to be frustrating or annoying. That's bad quest design! I don't mind putting effort into a quest if it's fun, but this kind of spawn isn't fun.

Quote from: Shrouded---BTW, I'm done posting on this.  I have had my epic 1.5 for 1 week because I actually took some initiative instead of whining about it and delaying real issues that need to be addressed.  I have never had a signature but I'm making one now since everybody wants the world handed to them.
Congratulations to you :)
I also finished my epic about a week ago, and I got it by timing the spawn. That doesn't mean I think those beastlords who come after me should suffer the same problems with the quest that I did.
That's why I moaned about the ME camp, and that's why I will continue to moan about the Ruined City spawn until it's fixed.
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

Vidyne

You tend to notice the ones complaining about the 2hr depop repop are in lower raiding guilds or family guilds, and the ones saying its easy and poking fun at the family guilds saying they should be able to assemble in 30min or less, are in hardened raiding guilds.

/shrug.  

Its two different worlds colliding.

The raiders are used to and trained to gather at the drop of a hat.

The family guilds arent.

The family guilds get upset at the spawn.

The raiding guilds laugh at the family guilds for slow gathering.

So who do we listen to.
Since most of EQ is designed for the raider now, I guess SoE answered our question.  Everquest became EverRaid a long time ago.  It just recently changed back to Quest slightly with OoW, but still could use some work.

Alright Im done before this turns into a....
Eh im done.

mrowrr

It's a better than Plane of Time weapon people.  What family guild or lower raiding guilds has access to weapons of this caliber? None.  Just deal with the spawn issues, it will get fixed.  In the mean time enjoy the fact that you can have access to such a fine weapon with a modicum of effort.

I completed my fight, had the hand in item and had to sit around for 2 hours just like every other beastlord that has fought this fight.  I think the least you can do is wait happily by for your better than Plane of Time weapon.
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

Vidyne

I dont mind the wait.

It just slightly irritates me that some people are so..... arrogant is all.
Theres more than one style of play than just raid.

I waited there 4hrs before my raid, checking the spawn time.  Was it fun, nah.  Did it bother me, no.

We gathered up 30min ahead of time, as the pop was off my guess(someone had being doing epic I guess).  It took us about 30min to all get there, maybe 45, and we were at the target at 1hr in, about 1hr 15min til Erana despawn.

We ended up failing the fight, for many reasons, partially doing it with a bare minimum of people, also using tactics that were suggested on here, but ended up not working for us since the revamp.

I will camp that 4hrs again when we redo this encounter and hope I can gather the forces once more.

Im just saying, unless you are used to some type of spur raiding.... this is not an easy thing to mobilize for, despite what some Bstlords say.

mrowrr

It's not easy to mobilize period, the zone is laggy, multi-zones to cross, dead folks along the way, it's a real pain in the ass.  We went in on a tuesday night(very fast mobilizing high end raiding guild I'm in), did the set-up which took us all about 30 minutes to get ourselves in order, our beast whose turn it was to spawn it went down to hand in and the npc despawned with 40 folks standing around wondering what the hell was going on.  He should have spawned it on zone-in but we didn't know it worked like that at the time.  Now this is at 9pm at night and guess what? raids ended at 10:30pm and the epic couldn't be completed so we had to do it on another scheduled day.  We went back 2 days later and got 2 done after timing the spawn.  

Mobilization is just part of the of the difficulty of the fight and every guild has to deal with it, even uber guilds.

And mobilization is the easy part because you gotta realize that you are fighting in a zone with lvl 65-72 mobs with insane aggro range and incredible dps capabilities.

Myself, I found the final fight to be excruciatingly easy being time geared especially after we spent so much time setting up for it and treating it like we were going to wipe.  Others are going to find this fight downright impossible, that's what makes it an epic.  With levels and experience and alot of that new attuned armor floating around any family guilds can probably do this fight with proper preparation, but you can't expect to just waltz into a zone that's harder than elementals and beat a fight that's on par with fighting any of the mini-non-god named fights in elementals.

Maybe SOE made it sound like this epic was in the grasp of most players but in all honesty it really isn't and obviously they made it harder.  

Family guilds are going to have a hell of a time doing this fight without bringing in support of other guilds who can handle that kind of content and that's going to make it even more difficult to mobilize.

I feel for you but it's just the nature of the beast, pardon the pun, that this isn't an easy fight and maybe what people have drawn up on the board are from the perspectives of elemental and better geared beasts and maybe someone needs to really lay it down what a family guild not in even VT gear can do to make this fight winnable.

Hopefully SOE will address the spawn rate which is really a poor implentation of this epic step.
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

Vidyne

We are a family guild of 65s-70s with a few 55-65s.

We will be doing this with 18-24.

Most gear on the avg player is Ornate.
Some have new pieces of attunable armor.
Weve killed Creator a time or two in SSRA, Arch Lich as well, Slavedriver Mengo with 18.

I am going to do warders first this time, and see a good chance of us winning, given the fight hasnt been upgraded again.

At my lvl of gear, tanking DDA wasnt that hard... he put a real hurting on me, but 1 healer kept me up, granted it was almost nonstop fast heals at times, but 1 healer still.  I had to tank DDA because we tried a strat here.   Sending in our 9k buffed War(full def AA) with defensive to aoe taunt, then peel off the mobs.  His HP went from 100 to 0(really dont see any tank living with these 6 beating on him.... /shrug... maybe that extra 4k hp... I dunno) instantly almost and he died...  /shrug  so much for doing it the time way.

So this time we are just going to get pretargets again and pull all the mobs at once and try to split the DDA from pets.  Kill pets first, then kill DDA.

Catgal

Ummm, honestly, after looking at other classes' epic fights, we shouldn't be complaining this and that before they do. Let's say the problem of 2 hours up and down in RCoD. Rogues' are WAY worse. They need to kill a bard in Freeport who is 2 hours respawn and only up for 10 mins (if you can't KILL him in 10 mins, he will despawn, and you need wait for another 2 hours...) All in all, we got the easiest or second epic among all classes. (Someone said Shaman's is easier than ours) Even the ME camp, I know it sucks to many of us. But it is still not that bad comparing to others. But again, in my opinion, they should make epic progresses challenging rather than time sinking... evercamping...