Main Menu

Final Fight, Just Little Suggestion

Started by Catgal, October 08, 2004, 08:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bheran

Aye, I can attest to our epic being one of the easier - even with me putting in my 26 hours at Maiden's Eye.

When we finished mine up yesterday, we had 21 people (we broke into the eplanes about a month ago - raid 3 times per week). We tried the druid epic figh first, who promptly handed us our rears on a plate (although it appears we had some bad info about his rampage habits which threw us some). We did mine pretty quickly/efficiently. I've been on several cleric events that were complete pains in the tail.
Bheran Feralblood & Dernit
Wildcaller and the best damn dog on Inny
Innoruuk server

Aeshmal

Our epic is far and away the easiest of them all.

We have exactly ONE fight that requires more than two people. Think about that for a moment, and rejoice.

negrismorte

Quote from: AeshmalWe have exactly ONE fight that requires more than two people. Think about that for a moment, and rejoice.

For time geared people, that is probably correct.  Getting to the CT mob took me two partners to get the DPS high enough to beat respawn - invis sneak did not work.  The sphinx fight was tough with a partially elemental trio.  The DS fight will likely take me a group.  I don't know if I will even be able to get enough support for the final fight.  I am estimating it will take 4-5 groups of my friends.

I can't complain though.  When I looked at my wife's epic (cleric), I had to tell her "sorry, no new shield for you".

Aeshmal

Well, the CT Elder can be reached, with a bit of luck, solo. You never need to fight anything, you just need invis, a sharp eye, and a healthy dose of luck. Sneak helps a lot.

Taiglin

And if you aren't a cat that isn't an option (sneak)

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Aeshmal

I'm aware. The person who originally posted the thread on the CT Elder (Kebrarn) is an Iksar. He and I tried to fight our way up, decided that was stupid, and invis'd up instead. He managed it fine. Now, it requires some luck with spawns; if you get non-Thul see-invis mobs at 3 of the four corners at the base of the temple, it's almost impossible to slip past them.

Thuls all see invis, but their agro range is very short so they're not terribly frightening.

negrismorte

Quote from: AeshmalI'm aware. The person who originally posted the thread on the CT Elder (Kebrarn) is an Iksar. He and I tried to fight our way up, decided that was stupid, and invis'd up instead. He managed it fine. Now, it requires some luck with spawns; if you get non-Thul see-invis mobs at 3 of the four corners at the base of the temple, it's almost impossible to slip past them.

Thuls all see invis, but their agro range is very short so they're not terribly frightening.

That is what happened to me.  The two entry corners had 3 see invis mobs.  This happened 2 days in a row.  Also, it appears that some of the mobs cast see invis.  I noticed this during my attempts as some of the mobs could sometimes see me and other time couldn't - was not in sneak mode.

If you get really bad luck (as you can tell, had this happen too), you will find a see invis spider when you first get started from the port in.  I think it was called A large hunter - killed it, didnt drop anything.

Khelindros

Not certain what CT has to do with the final epic fight... :roll: ...but i have a few questions that do: it has been posted that a monk has successfully brought 2 Warders only...my question is: from left to right how are the mobs arranged? And which Warder did the monk pull to end up with only 2? That information will make this fight *much* easier, and damn near doable for even lower equipped people. Thanks in advance

Khelindros Dragonfury
68 Beastlord
FV Server
Khelindros Dragonfury <Rising Darkness>
70 Wildblood
FV Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=912453

Shrouded

I got through this solo, but it did take me three hours to do.  I went from the entrance of CT to the maze about 4 times till I found a path that did not have a see invis mob.  When I found a see invis mob, I slammed protected and hauled to the zone.  Luckily, I did find a path that I was able to get through without bumping in to a see invis, at that point.

When I got to the entrance of the temple's courtyard, there was a see invis on the left side of the courtyard (past the little passageway room).  I was unable to sneak by this one so I did the next best thing:  killed it.  I was able to kill the two static spawns within the small passageway first without any big problems (slow sticks pretty well on these lizards and, if I remember correctly, they were light blue).  However, when I pulled the see invis one (dark blue), I got the add on the right side of the temple's courtyard entrace and one of the 2 pathers that go back and forth.  It was an interesting fight, but I made it it.  I would like to stress this:  WAIT UNTIL THE PATHERS GO BY BEFORE YOU PULL A SEE INVIS IN THE COURTYARD.  I am EP/Time/GoD geared and it was a moderate fight solo.

After my initial breakthrough, I noticed that every corner had a see invis thule at it.  At that point, I'm getting ready to take down three dark blues in the corner when I figured I could just give invising past them a go to see if I could get by fast enough to avoid the see-invis one spotting me.  I had sow + lev at the time and was able to make it by hugging the corner of the temple as I went past (BTW, even though you are hugging the corner you do want to do this fast or they WILL spot you).

Then, after I made it around back to the temple I climbed up the stairs and proceeded with my run up the side of the temple.  You have to be really careful here because, as you crawl up the side, there are a whole lot of see invis mobs you have the potential to bump into.  What worked for me was inching my way up each layer and repeatedly clicking with my mouse to if there was a see-invis lizard where I was planning to cross or not (if there is, just move sideways a bit on the layer you are currently on until there is not one within aggro radius where you will be passing over).  Doing this, I had no problems getting to the top of the temple and nothing up there was see invis (I don't know if the two mobs at the entrance at the top even have the ability to see-invis).  After that, you're just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the ogre.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Felidae

The "time the spawn" folks are really tiresome. People are clearly saying their guilds, mine included, have *their own* schedule for when they do epic battles. I've been nailed three times by this. 7pm Saturday rolls around - guild says, who's battle is ready to go? Mine isn't because NPC not up. So they do someone else. So far, even with a spotter and knowing the schedule, I've not managed to synchronize her being up with guild looking to do an epic battle. Remeber other beasts are camping it too. With lots of people in queue they simply are not willing to hang out waitling until she's up. If she's up I go. If not I dont. I watched the epic get nerfed and the event get revamped as I sat in queue hoping for my chance.

Tigarri

Felidae,

Let me start of with "I feel your pain" :) I hate the timing, but I *might* have a suggestion for you. If your guild is ready to go at 7pm, how about turning in your cloak around 5 if she's up. She should respawn around 7...plenty of time for you to get another cloak.

Not an optimal answer, I know...at least your guild has times. I never know when enough people are going to be on to attempt it (well, I'm not sure there ARE enough in my guild with the recent changes...unless we can split the mobs.)

Khelindros

Quote from: TigarriFelidae,

Let me start of with "I feel your pain" :) I hate the timing, but I *might* have a suggestion for you. If your guild is ready to go at 7pm, how about turning in your cloak around 5 if she's up. She should respawn around 7...plenty of time for you to get another cloak.

Not an optimal answer, I know...at least your guild has times. I never know when enough people are going to be on to attempt it (well, I'm not sure there ARE enough in my guild with the recent changes...unless we can split the mobs.)

its a unique suggestion. just that you may be screwing over another BL that can get it done...but survival of the fittest  :)
Khelindros Dragonfury <Rising Darkness>
70 Wildblood
FV Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=912453

negrismorte

Quote from: Khelindrosits a unique suggestion. just that you may be screwing over another BL that can get it done...but survival of the fittest  :)

If you do the turn-in, setting the event, I don't think that would be the same thing.

Some of the competition is ... interesting for these epics.  I was assisting a guild on this event when we got jumped by the server's originators of FCFS (aka Might Makes Right).  Laugh was on them though, the mob despawned after they jump the other raid.

Meeshna

I don't care about waiting on this, sheesh, remember trying to get help when the scouts for epic 1.0 would be found up, heh, forget that!! If it's just one mob I have to wait on and you KNOW she is on a 2 hours cycle, BE THANKFUL YOU HAVE THE FOLKS TO HELP YOU DO IT!!  Those of us in the smaller guilds will be lucky just to get everyone together to do it, let alone actually pull this stupid fight off.

And I am so sick of this, "BE THANKFUL TO GET THIS BETTER THAN TIME GEARED WEAPON"  Hey people, I pay the exact same thing for EQ as you do, I spend the exact same amount on expansions as you do.  And I'd really like to slam the guy who said this to me the other day: "Just wait to buy the expansion for a year.  By then you'll be all geared up and probably lvl 70 and ready to take the mob that I can take now."  EXCUSE ME!!! If I wait a year to buy the expansion (especially this one) I'll be in a sinking boat instead of just a smaller one. YOU CAN'T LEVEL WITHOUT THIS EXPANSION YOU POON!!

Sorry, just another rant again I know. But wasn't 2.0 supposed to be for those RAIDERS who hate the fact that the casual players are getting a decent weapon at the same time they are with this expansion?!?!?  Man, leave the 1.5 alone if you think these mobs are just "too easy" and go after your 2.0!!
Questing Vah Shir

Stromgaard

Honestly people... Stop whining hehe It's supposed to be AN EPIC QUEST... Epic meaning hard / impossible - of epic proportions! OoW has already ruined the game... Now anyone can have EP equivalent items (ATTUNABLE) without showing any skills what so ever to get them. Get over it.

I am a member of a guild that fought it's way through the EPs alone, a looong and hard struggle, we still havn't beaten the Rathe Council yet.

What I guess I am trying to say is... Getting ubah gear should be HARD, you should be guilded with other talented players to get items of this caliber...

Don't tear my head of pls hehe, I just hope you see my point  :wink: