Main Menu

MPG and RS

Started by Catgal, October 12, 2004, 09:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catgal

Wondering why no one posts this zone.  :P

Experiences ranging from steady 4 percent aa per kill from ZI to Bind Hunter camp. And 5 percent from Bind Hunter camp. I can't group with newbies, like me, here. Or you will have a lot of CRs to do. IMO, this is a VERY cool zone.

RS, only dealt with ZI mobs. Steady 5 percent per kill. I don't know this much coz only been there once. I am thinking if you do deep MPG, RS ZI seems safer and easier. =) Just what I think.

Dakat

Camp your referring to is Blind hunter on our server.  

The exp is 5% anywhere in the place, aa wise.

The mobs here are not 1 beast doable though, least in a manner to get decent exp from.  But a great place if you are lucky to get a group.

I love WoS myself, in or out of group exp moves great.  With a group I was getting 5% per kill in the muckglider(sp) cave on the east side in first field. There are no named here, but the flying octipi die real quick and make for very fast aa grinding.

Oneiromancer

The reason why no one posted about MPG or RS is that these "Hunting" forums are mainly meant for the soloing Beastlord.  That's why there's no topics on, say, Uqua or LDoN.  :)

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Grymlok

Bleh who would group in Uqua /shudder

The Berserker: Foecussed

Oneiromancer

Okay, sure, went a bit too far on the exaggeration...

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Quezic Grahl

I've found it pretty hard to get MPG groups really.  Mostly guild groups go there, so the few times I've gone was just a guild group that needed a slower for 6th person pretty much.  Mobs are tougher than WoS but overall MPG seemed kinda easier than WoS really since there wasn't much chance of adds and you can single pull alot of the mobs.

Haven't hunted in RS yet, just zoned in to look around a little.  Nice looking zone, but way too laggy for my cpu.

Dummkopf

RSS is a nice zone to xp but kinda deadly if you get multiples or lack a real slower or debuffer. Neat drops off one group named (and of course raid mobs) and nice xp so its a zone i would recommend to group in if you can get guild groups and youre geared good enough.

Shrouded

Personally, I have not found MPG to be that stellar of experience.  I can get much better experience in an elemental or WoS group because the mobs are easier.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

negrismorte

Quote from: ShroudedPersonally, I have not found MPG to be that stellar of experience.  I can get much better experience in an elemental or WoS group because the mobs are easier.

same

Iskandar

In my experiences, the exp in the Dranik instances is better, per hour, than PG. The mobs there give a little less exp per kill, but they can be killed much faster than the guys in PG, with much less downtime between pulls so the net result after a period of play is better exp there.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

cudly

MPG is great for xp... had a crazy cleric that has endless mana(or so it seems) 2 rogues a bard myself and a pally tank and we were burning through at selos-'skin ripping from my face im running so fast'-speed.  we were averaging about 14-17 min aa.  My guess is this is about the maximum xp you could pull from this zone withought having non grouped folks helping with extra dps... or maybe like 4 necro a bard and a cleric tanking /shrug.. anyways this is definitely not a solo zone(unless you have a CR fetish)
Cudly Wudly
Kitten Tamer of Triality
Vazaelle

Grymlok

The problem a lot of people have it that they set up camps and pull.  IMO this zone is designed to be crawled through.  Camp for loot, crawl for xp.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Jaagger

Spent a long long time playing arorund in MPG, most nights I have a solide group of friends to grind with.

Me, Warrior, Monk, Enchanter and I bot the cleirc and Wizz for snares.

Typical ngiht of 4-5 hours we get arround 5AA's a night one every 30-50 minutes once we are settled in.

When we went to the DS instanced zones the other night we managed 3 AA's in the same amount of time.

RCD was about the same as DS instances for EXP but we did wpend alot of time killing placeholders/named invising and running to the next PH and named.

As for WoS AA's in this zone compared to the others jsut blow, I haven't tried the murkgliders in WoS as there is always a group there but field one and even field 2 compared to MPG jsut dont seem to bring the exp in.
Elder Jaagger
Feral Lord of PRISM
Ayonae Ro

Tzuka

Quote from: JaaggerI haven't tried the murkgliders in WoS as there is always a group there

I have. They give about 5% per kill and are very soloable. But they run early and FAST, so unless you can snare, i recommend you forget about them.  :(

zumu

they also path on pulls like drunken bats. its really funny to pull one of these guys and have it stagger and lurch over to you... funny til it aggros several of its buddies along the way rofl )