Main Menu

Fleeting Fury Macro?

Started by chijw11478, October 15, 2004, 04:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chijw11478

Hello all.  I am wondering if there is a way to set a macro that will allow casting of FF for skill ups without breaking combat where after casting on self, the mob is retargeted and melee continues with minimal manual clicking.  I hope this is specific enough and all help is appreciated.

Eatbugs

The one I always used:

/target Grimgrey
/pause 6, /cast #  (where # is the spell slot you have fleeting fury memed in)
/assist %m  (this line assists your pet)

You may need to insert other pauses to deal with server side lag.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Hecklerkoch

I'm confused by the whole Fleeting Fury thing. Let me explain. I've read a number of posts, all great by the way, extolling the virtues of using Fleeting Fury. Obviously the extra dex etc is a good thing but, and here's my dilemma, it seems to me that, do to it's short duration, I would be spending a great deal of time casting that and losing my melee dmg on a mob. Here's a macro someone posted I'l use as an example:
/pause 2,/target self
/pause 10,/cast FF
/pause 2,/pet target
/pause 10,/cast FF
/assst

OK so at the end of this macro my pet and I both have FF on, assuming no fizzles which would screw up any macro. My FF has only 15.8 secs remaining while my pet's has 16.8. During the macro I lost 2.4 secs of melee which, of course depends on weap dly and haste status, adds up to some dps. If we assume 34 dps that's about 75 dps lost during the macro. To be honest I'm not sure if that's critical or not but, if you figure a couple minute fight it could add up.

What am I missing here?  Am I assuming too much for the lost DPS or is the general concensus that the benefits of FF outway any lost DPS?

Thx for info/clarifications.

Heck
"It was a woman that drove me to drink and I never wrote to thank her."  -- WC Fields

Hereki

Let's see: I could never get timings to work right to use FF in a macro.  Zone lag just meant that wherever I was, the timings were wrong more often than not.

You can use 2 cast lines in succession so that the second line acts as a fizzle catcher - this assumes that you have spare lines to do this with.

At the levels where you would use FF, most of your dps is from your warder.  The benefit of keeping it up on him is significant.  Therefore you can drop casting it on yourself if you are having problems.

Giledorm

I think casting Fleeting Fury on your pet is a bit excessive unless you were pet cleric'ing or something.  

When I used it, it was merely to bump my dex to work up weapon skills.  Then again, I also have my tab key setup to toggle between myself and the last target, so it was a matter of:

Tab
Cast FF
Tab

sure, you might lose a swing, but it's not bad.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Hereki

Quote from: GiledormI think casting Fleeting Fury on your pet is a bit excessive unless you were pet cleric'ing or something.  

I can't understand that comment :).

You will be using FF in the 20-40 range.  The dex increase will benefit your overall dps on your pet more than on you, for two reason: one, your pet does more damage than you do in that level range; two, your pet procs, and the small dex boost will increase the proc rate.  Yes, a parse of this would be nice.

Casting on yourself for dex is fine, but then when you do that, you expect it to reduce your combat efficiency in the short term, so the extra cast isn't an issue.

Giledorm

Quote from: Hereki
Quote from: GiledormI think casting Fleeting Fury on your pet is a bit excessive unless you were pet cleric'ing or something.  

I can't understand that comment :).

You will be using FF in the 20-40 range.  The dex increase will benefit your overall dps on your pet more than on you, for two reason: one, your pet does more damage than you do in that level range; two, your pet procs, and the small dex boost will increase the proc rate.  Yes, a parse of this would be nice.

Casting on yourself for dex is fine, but then when you do that, you expect it to reduce your combat efficiency in the short term, so the extra cast isn't an issue.

In the range that you're talking, every pet proc buff adds 75 dexterity.  Also, if you're concerned about proc rate, the normal dex buff should be cast as well.  Since your pet can't crit yet, the melee damage that you reference is moot.  Therefore, will another 20 dex from FF increase the proc rate?  Perhaps, but hardly enough to notice.  Will it increase your chance at skillups (melee and defense/offense/dodge/etc).  Perhaps, and a bit more likely if you're around 100 dex.

So, as I said, casting on yourself wouldn't be bad, but the pet is excessive IMO.   :)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>