Main Menu

Wtf? Pvp dmg?

Started by Latang, November 16, 2004, 11:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latang

Hmm, topic title with only abreviations.

Anyway. Waiting for beginning of RS raid last night, (raid leader was afk for 10 minutes, slacker) I whipped out my inktuta staff (the 44/20 one), walked up to our resident uber monk Eelleex, said "Duel me with inktuta staff! but dont kill me", and assumed the position. Eelleex said "Sure" in a roundabout way, and he assumed the position. My pet (the level 70 one) was buffed and ready to go, i put him behind Eelleex and /d'd the fewl monk. I was at 11.8khp, 2k ac, with full buffs, haste included. He was about 13khp, 2k3 ac, same buffs.

Without him mending, I got him to 91% before he stopped attack on me at 20%. Hmm. Most of the clerics there made "rez inc latang" hotkeys and giggled themselves silly, and eelleex zoned out of RS so I got the "Latang wins, Eelleex ran like a girl" zonewide message, in a final sarcastic humiliation.  That was burning protective spirit too, and monk used no disc at all.

Ok, that sucked. So I scrolled back up and looked at the damage he was doing to me, and me to him. I was hitting him for 70 ish average, crits 200 ish. He was hitting me for over 750 with the same goddam weapon.

What the bunnie is that bunnie??

Ok, sure, monks are masters of weapon damage. I can accept that. But we both have the same 2hb/offence skills.  His weapon is aug'd with the +4 dmg aug from ikk1. that makes his a 48/20. SO BUNNIEING WHAT. 4 extra damage should not give him a 500% damage increase on bashing me.

Why do we suck so goddam much?

Then I decided to try duel wield. Same result. I give up.

On the plus side, with 2300-2500 atk, Oow enc haste, and with full on concentration on my position on the mob, I sustained 174dps non-disc on RS queen last night. 174! Sure the pet died in under a minute when the bombs got outa control and we got 2 in a row, so his dps was.. well.. not much (only had 37 people there, so was a longish fight). I didnt parse anyone else because I didnt want to be sad.

Anyway. I continue to be laughed at by the majority of my guild, with only the bards thinking my dps isn't that bad...

/sigh

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Dummkopf

Actually, you have weaponskills that are 5 points lower as the monks are. But i understand your frustation, just shows where beastlords stand.

Btw. check out WoW or even EQ2, both games are fun and rewarding, the added bonus in WoW is that there is a pet class, although that has already scaling issues that are comparable to ours, just that devs know that and work on it.

Choppin

hitting for 750s with a 48 dmg weapon ? think he used a disc (I know you wrote he didnt, but thats the only explanation)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Latang

..The bastard LIED to me!

AND, to make things worse, he out-bid me for the kings mace that dropped, and said he was gonna take the shinai if it had dropped too. Time for a large train of caster mobs I think....

Even then, I assumed it was a crit damage. I'll go over the log tonight when I get home and have a look see.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

zumu

Quote from: LatangTime for a large train of caster mobs I think....

if he has stonewall maxed out he's going to be the one laughing :p