Main Menu

My Experience on Beta

Started by JillieMT, October 16, 2004, 01:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clanncy Macalroy

What I find amusing is the folks proclaiming WoW will be so much better.  Well, for them I hope it is.  Also, I would like to add good riddance.  I plan on trying both.  But not on the word of anyone here, or there.  I will try them because I enjoy MMPGs.  Will I say this one sucks don't buy it, or visa vie?  Nope.  What makes me happy is what makes me happy.  You should not care a rats ass what I think, because I sure as hell do not give a rats ass about most of the "down with SoE, or Down with WOW" opinions.  IMO Varent created a Gem that every gaming company is trying to immolate.  And I mean everyone.  UO broke open the box, but SOE ran with it and set the standard.  Is it flawed?  Yep, but when you consider the immense amount of code that it takes to make one of these things then you may take a second look.  Also, I would take the Pepsi challenge to anyone that has been in a beta and seen everything run smooth in any kind of software roll out.  Things fouling up in beta are what beta's are for.  That's the nature of the beast.  If SOE rolls out EQ2 to soon, well.  That's the industry standard.  It has little to do with the Dev team, or the QC team.  It's the big shots that call that punch.  Not just the ones at SOE, but also Blizzard.  Diablo was pretty buggy when it was first released.  Given, it was not a MMPG, but for a closed end box game, the Quality was pretty shaky.  I suspect that the rollout for WoW will not fare much better.  But once again, I will take my own word for it once it does roll out.
Clanncy Macalroy
Arch Animist of Saryrn
Don't pull my tail, and I won't rip out your Throat!

Skanda

Quote from: Clanncy MacalroyIMO Varent created a Gem that every gaming company is trying to immolate.

I'd like to immolate SoE too. :P

I beleive you were looking for emulate.

Fionnah

QuoteWell, for them I hope it is. Also, I would like to add good riddance. I plan on trying both. But not on the word of anyone here, or there.

I quit EQ.  I won't buy another SOE game.  Why?  Broken content.  It's the standard and we accept it.  That's not right, period.  Just look in the Epic 2.0 thread... someone comments on the fact that we expect Epic 2.0 to be 'broken' when it comes out.  In this thread, someone says something about the quests being broken, but it's expected with a beta product.  Um... I hate to say it, but they have a VERY bad track record with fixing content.  I won't pay now and hope again.

Nobody wants you to quit EQ based upon our recommendations of WoW.  We would like to see you try it.  Why?  Because it's one damn good game.  I know that WoW isn't for everyone.  But all of those things that people bitch about EQ and other MMOGs really isn't there.  Lag?  I don't see much in WoW.  It was there for the first few days of the Beta pre-release (8th to the 18th?), but then again, there were FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND people on 40 servers.  All of them in the newbie zones.  After the players spread out a bit and hit the higher level (15-20) zones, lag definitely cleared up a bunch.  The game world is pretty darn big and you can see for miles and miles... hehe.

I can hope that the depth and sheer volume of praising posts on WoW would help someone to decide to try it, in the least.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Dummkopf

Hehe, the same thought came to my mind, just too lazy to get all the threads up.

Btw, WoW has one thing i like very much and thats the hunter class, its nearly everything i always wished my beastlord would be. Taming pets, learning what they can do and teaching them in turn, becoming friends with them, growing together in power, being responsible for them (rezzing, healing, food). The main pet in that class is really a companion if you play it like that, way more than my warder ever was.

Lorathir

I saw a lvl15 Druid called Fionnah run past me about an hour ago in the Qeynos Hills on AB server. Probably just a coincidence though.