Main Menu

Update on final fight

Started by Tzuka, October 16, 2004, 05:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meeshna

I totally agree Kellaen.

I want to thank everyone who has posted here and agree'd with the majority of us.  Unfortunately Sony isn't going to listen to us because it seems that only the high end raiders and their pocket books have n e influence over their decisions.  You would have thought with the HUGE positive reponse to the LDoN expansion that they would have realized it's the casual player who makes up most of the core of Everquest.  A few instanced zones in each expansion is nice but sheesh, 3 or 4 instanced zones with MAYBE a named compared to a guarantee'd RAID encounter with loot?!?!  n e one see a problem with this besides me?

And what has happened to all the quests with the decent and attainable rewards? The epic used to be one of those quest (course, some of the resulting weapons were pretty pathetic, i.e. pally epic, and the spawn timers needed a lot of work on a few, but it seemed they had learned their lesson with OoW. IT SEEMED!)

What was the point of even making a 1.5 epic if they were going to make the encounters undoable within a reasonable length of time from release.  They should have just gone ahead and made epic 2.0 and left it at that. With the attitude of, well, with new lvl's and expansions, the smaller guilds and casual players will be able to obtain that now out of date and pathetic piece of gear that was once ubah and treasured. /sigh

As stated before tho, if you live on the Bertox server, and need a helping hand, feel free to look me up.  Just expect the same in return.
Questing Vah Shir

Zyvox.

we wiped twice on this, with 28 people.  An elemental guild.

DDA hits for 1495, ramapages, and has 500 dd with stun, partially slowable
warders hit for up to 1k, no root, snare, mez or charm, half flurry, half rampage all summon

We had 4 pallies, and 1 warrior on the 5 warders because they cleric aggro is unreal.  one cleric for each of the off tanks, rest to DPS on the DDA.  1 shaman to slow dda, and 2 chanters 1 shaman, 1 bst to get the 5 warders slowed.

One of the pallies dropped in the first 5 seconds to flurry ( gator and tiger flurry for sure) and druid tried to drab to kite.  soon as it got near a cleric, it ate the cleric, and then is snowballed.  I'd saw we lasted may 20 seconds or so, and we got him to 88%, and all warders still alive.

With these same people, we completed the warrior final battle, the druid battle with earthshaker, and hav eene done the rogue final battle.  All those without difficulty.  I understand our last fight was underpowered, and needed to be tuned.  I get that.  But this is over tuned.

Tastian

I've asked them if maybe they overtuned things a bit and exactly what they feel this encounter is tuned for now.  It's the weekend, so we won't hear anything for a bit, but soon as I hear something I'll pass it along.

Zyvox.

additionally, wizzards got hit by the 1000 ddae with 100 mana/tick dot, and discordant mind which is a 450 mana drain.

garios

Question how long is this even up for?....say could you go in kill a few warders off die rez back up than go back in and kill the rest of the fight?
PredatorCaterclaw Spirittalker - 67 Beastlord - Firiona Vie
Ancient Caterbite Spirittalker - 67 Shaman -Firiona Vie

Vidyne

Yes, that is the only solution for casual players now, to suicide this fight.

You have 1 hour to complete it.... unless thats been fixed too.

Tank Named/adds best you can.. survive for as long as possible, while focusing on one warder at atime, get 2 down in the opening round and Id say you have a shot.

Try not to damage Animist at all til adds are dead, so he wont summon on second attempts.

Beerig-FV

Quote from: VidyneTry not to damage Animist at all til adds are dead, so he wont summon on second attempts.

Noticed last night some of the bossmobs and their adds /shield one another ont he Paladin Epic fight in Walls of Slaughter...

If you were planning to not damage the bossmob because of summon-issues... once the bossmob decides to shield his warders, he will get damage and thus the ability to summon...  should take it into account if it is possible...

Shrouded

Quote from: Beerig-FV
Quote from: VidyneTry not to damage Animist at all til adds are dead, so he wont summon on second attempts.

Noticed last night some of the bossmobs and their adds /shield one another ont he Paladin Epic fight in Walls of Slaughter...

If you were planning to not damage the bossmob because of summon-issues... once the bossmob decides to shield his warders, he will get damage and thus the ability to summon...  should take it into account if it is possible...

1.  I would not even bring this one up till it's confirmed, it's kind of like saying "omg this mob has the potential to deathtouch", but to a lesser extent, obviously.
2.  Regardless, shielding refresh times are long enough for you to complete the event without having it happen again or for it to only happen a few times (if you are doing the new suggested methods for the upgraded battle of simply sniping out a warder and running away, rinse, repeat).
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

wraithlion

One thing to watch out for also there is a red to 68 Girplan raid mob in room upstairs from our room.  We all were in hall away from him and not sure if someone came in and pulled him out or wha, but he ended up behind us and whiped us.  Not sure what happened but somone pulled all 6 out of room and they were in hall where the kvy wanderers.  When we were all buffed and rezzed and ready to go, had all 6 tanks ready to get there mobs.  Souldrainer wandered past and agroed us and him and the epic mobs whiped us again.

Make sure no one is close to the stairs or that hall or  you are in for a world of hurt like we were.  I am in a guild just breaking into VT so we were not equipped or ready for this mess.  

Also on my first attempt before patch a bard in my guild said he was able to lull the warders.  He has the new oow lull song so this may help with this encounter.  I am scheduling my next attempt around his schedule so if this works the encounter should be alot easier.

Vidyne

Lulling doesnt help.

The mobs are treated as pet and master.

To aggro one is to aggro the rest, even if you are halfway across the zone, he will come for you.

It has been tested I believe, pet pulling which can bring singles out of almost ANY cluster, and it still brought all of them.

wraithlion

IF they are lulled will they come right away or after lull drops?   IF they do not come till lull drops then can have a bard or 2 keep them lulled and have ma pull the DDA.  I know DDA could not be lulled by my guildie but warders could be.  So if this works can keep them lulled till you loot and  can roll on what was in chest in another zone.  Have mass trans done and have bard take his last or fade and leave the warders there.   May have to take him there and have cleric camped close to see if we can single pull with lull, if so bard can do this i hope.

kukana

I think as current, the way to do this is to have everyone tick off the warders one by one while the MT keeps the boss busy.  They should drop fast.  

I was one of the off-tanks for Wrathlion's first attempt (taking on the tiger warder) and with just me and my warder on it, I was able to get it down to about 45% before the raid cracked and we wiped.  I figured if everyone had been moving from warder to warder, they should drop very fast and then move to the main boss.

Of course, that requires enough healing/mana to keep the MT alive while they are waiting for us to get on the boss.

This fight STILL sucks, though, compared to some of the other end-epic fights.
Kukana
Feral Lady
Tunare <Shadow of the Dragon>
--
Magelo Profile

Vidyne

You.... cant have Offtanked a warder in the NEW encounter with your current magelo profile.

They require Time Bsts or Ornate Plate Tanks now.

Just an estimate..

But one quad of 1000 1000 1000 1000 and youd be down to 2k hp in one round... if he got you on a max quad... let alone if he flurried.

Lull does NOT work as tried by those so far.... I dont think you are understanding Lull and aggro.

Lull lowers the aggro radius of a mob to the best of my knowledge, some one correct me.

When you touch DDA, it puts you on aggro for all of his 5 pets.

You could lull all you want... when something aggros DDA, it aggros the pets, and the pets will come from anywhere, no matter how far they are away to kill it.

Pet pulling is the only exception to this I "think"  though I personally havent tried it.  In theory, you could pet pull DDA anywhere you wanted without pets adding, but as soon as you landed a hand on him, all his pets would come running.

However, pet pulling probably doesnt work either.   Just assume that when you pull one, you pull them all, as all conventional methods have been tried.

Shieara

Wow glad I already got mine.  Sounds like they made this fight a real PITA.   Hopefully they will tone it down a bit because it sounds like they made it too hard.

kukana

You are right, it was last week that I tanked a warder.  I didn't realize that SOE screwed us again and changed the fight.  Sorry for the confusion.
Kukana
Feral Lady
Tunare <Shadow of the Dragon>
--
Magelo Profile