Main Menu

Update on final fight

Started by Tzuka, October 16, 2004, 05:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tzuka

I tried it today with 18 Time/Ikkinz geared people, and wiped 2x. The event has been changed because the mobs are all harder.

The pets now hit for 1k and are not rootable (an enc tried it - they are neither snarable, or mezzable). Boss and pets are only *partially* slowable now. The tank had defense on and said the boss was hitting for 814 (which is still higher than previously). Those are the most notable changes. We didnt have a paladin so i dont know if they are stunnable. The group was makeshift but nevertheless we had 2 clerics, 2 warriors, 2 shamans and a druid - which would have been good enough for the previous version.

Also, forgot to mention - the pets flurry and the boss AE rampages..

Just a heads up for all those trying this now..  :(

Nakeka

Just tried to finish my epic and can confirm that fight is A LOT harder now. Named hits for up to 1400 and got an additional 500DD/stun proc, all warders can now hit for around 900-1000ish. I can confirm the AE rampage as well.

G'luck getting your epic now  :?

Meeshna

Well, as I've stated in my post and others in this section. I've had it with Sony and their catering to the high end folks who just happen to be the most vocal.  Not worth paying for 4 accounts n e more and all the expansions to go with them to watch peeps leave your friendly, family guild to go raid just to get their epic 1.5.  I thought OoW would be a nice change from the "raid" attitude that has taken Everquest and turned it into EverRAID.

Yes I"m grateful I don't have to sit and wait on a boat or spires for 15 minutes and I'm glad I don't have to work sense heading and that there are maps and compass in game now.  But whatever happened to the "QUESTING" for stuff that had a reachable conclusion.  They have made the final 1.5 fights impossible for most of the players, the casual ones n e way,who have better things to do with their time than write Sony and whine.   They even made a lot of the questing unfinished in PoP for the casual player who may not be able to get EP flagged to finish most of it.  Like the talisman gate necklaces and a few others.  I didn't sign on to play "EverRAID" I signed on for the quests - one with conclusions I could reach.  

I guess I will have to start being the voice of the little people since I can vocalize pretty darn loud.  My apologies to all who have read my rants over and over again. (It's the ones who atually listen that hear the repetition.)
Questing Vah Shir

Lesrik

Crap.  I don't see myself getting my epic anytime soon then.  My guild has trouble doing the necro epic final mob, and he's alone.  I don't see how in the world we can do the changed final fight now, unless we get help from other better geared people.

Why does SoE feel that these fights should be so hard?  I do not think there is any way of... what was it... 30-36 pre elemental geared people doing this if 18 Time+ geared people wiped, unless you have a lot of luck.  ><

Tukash

Yep, the casual player got screwed again.  I finishted the RM fights last night and was going to do the last 2 fights tonight.  Doesn't look like its going to happen now.  Glad I wasted all this time working on the epic when I could have been leveling.
Tukash - Feral Lord, Tarew Marr

Mhordel

Grim Tidings Indeed!

I am glad I only wasted 2 days of play working on this quest.

A funny observation that they nerfed the weapon and then made it near-impossible for any casual person not past PoTime or in a commited Raid guild that doesnt mind doing Epics for folks.

lol.

I see this encounter now being a 5 group affair.

5 clerics, 5 druids, 2 shamans, 5 Plate Tanks (1 Warrior for Defensive), and a slew of DPS.

Its still doable by most of us, that can call on 36 people, organize 36 people, and not feel bad about dragging 36 people away from whatever else they were doing...
[70.760+ *RETIRED* Wildblood] Mhordel (Wood Elf) <Company of the Golden Anvil>
Firiona Vie Server

Oneiromancer

And I guess I'm glad that I only just went looking for Muada last night on a lark after using Origin and haven't spent too much time on this quest yet.  The guild Tzuka's in is probably one I could be getting help on with that fight (I'm RL friends with one of their raid leaders) and they certainly should have been more than capable to beat it.  Hopefully it's a mistake and there will be a compromise made in the future.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Lesrik

Quote from: OneiromancerAnd I guess I'm glad that I only just went looking for Muada last night on a lark after using Origin and haven't spent too much time on this quest yet.  The guild Tzuka's in is probably one I could be getting help on with that fight (I'm RL friends with one of their raid leaders) and they certainly should have been more than capable to beat it.  Hopefully it's a mistake and there will be a compromise made in the future.

Game on,

A compromise would be great.  Heck... allowing us to single pull the warders so we only have to worry about the named would probably make this fight a whole lot easier.  Then you only have to worry about 1 guy at a time.

Maybe we can sic Tastian on them.  >.>

Tukash

Or hey.. how bout putting it back where it was where it was still a challange for casual guilds/players.  Who cares if it was doable with one or two grps of elly/time equiped players it was still a challange for the rest of us in my opinion.
Tukash - Feral Lord, Tarew Marr

neight

Just wiped to this encounter on Tribunal. Had 26 people, in a mix of VT/ele gear. We had more than enough healing, but only 3 warriors and one shadowknight. We weren't sure that hybrid dps classes (at our gear level) could offtank the adds, so we had two adds on each of two warriors, one on the shadowknight (whose gear is a lower-level; retired player recently returning to the game) and the remaining warrior on the DDA.

In retrospect, we probably should've tried using hybrid dps as offtanks anyway. The MT was down within seconds, the healers pulled aggro quickly, and it was a total mess.

The DDA's max hit on me was 1450, and the adds max hit was 1k even. I didn't notice a proc from the DDA at all (and most of the fight I was tanking it), nor did anyone notice AE rampage, but the whole thing was so chaotic it's highly possible I didn't notice it.

I still think it's do-able at our level. I've already got another cloak from Muada, and we'll give it another go when we have more tanks available.

Neight
Neight Wulfe <Requiem>
75 Barbarian Beastlord
The Tribunal

Vidyne

This now makes this harder than Agnarr?

And most PoP encounters for that matter.

/shrug

Tzuka

Ok, i helped another bst do this fight today. We did it with about 28 people - most were Time/Qvic geared btw. We had to put an offtank on each pet with a dedicated healer to each offtank. They also put 3 clerics with the main tank offtanking the boss. Our initial plan was to just unleash dps on the boss while they offtanked the pets, but that didnt work because he had too much hp and the pets were ripping up tanks and healers. So, we changed strategy and began killing the pets asap. When they were all dead, we could focus our attention on the boss and he died eventually.

So now the event takes over 2x as many people as before, *if* they are extremely well geared.  :?

Eatbugs

Um - I could see that it needed a bit of tuning to be in line with other epic fights (I don't think there was another 1.5 epic where the max any mob in the entire quest hit for was 850) but it sounds as though they've gone way overboard here.  I can't think of an epic 1.5 fight for any class that's this tough.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Aeshmal

We wiped this encounter twice tonight with 24 Time/Gates geared people. This is not tuned for 6 groups of pre-elemental people. It's just not. This should be /feedback 'd to Sony soon and often. I have my epic; I did it early, when the fight was reasonably simple.

It is not doable by a small guild of pre-elemental players currently. It requires at least 4 plate tanks, at least four to six clerics, and a lot of DPS. Not a well-tuned or tested change.

Kellaen

Some epics are grossly out of whack difficulty wise,  but imo that does not mean go back and buff the bunny out of all the 'easy' encounters. Poor design that was left for weeks before a silent knee-jerk reaction is a rather pathetic situation to still be occuring.